Great result tonight (1 Viewer)

ecky

What a great result from the lads tonight?
Shame we cant watch it in Coventry.....

covey1987

Been a lot of talk of how we would struggle against top teams and the youngsters would struggle when the ground got wet & heavy. Well so far so good 4pts from 6 against top three teams and both played in shitty conditions.

ccfc92

Been a lot of talk of how we would struggle against top teams and the youngsters would struggle when the ground got wet & heavy. Well so far so good 4pts from 6 against top three teams and both played in shitty conditions.

I thought that about Molineux too :whistle:

ecky

sorry guys didnt know there was another thread running, still i feel a lump in my throat (pride in my team) if sisu are serious we could get out of this league this season, i hope they dont sell come january and look to the long term, sorry my head is running away, my heart says different?
Great win though city well done SP keep it going....

shmmeee

Where have all the people predicting relegation at the beginning of the season gone to hide :facepalm:

Hands up, I was one of those.

It all smacked a little bit of the Thorn season and Pressley didn't impress me before the summer.

To be fair, I couldn't have been more wrong. Pressley has adapted well to the English game over the summer and has made men of a few boys. Long may I continue to be wrong.

Just picked this up from the Leyton Orient forum

Fair Play
by Harry » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:34 pm
To Coventry, Best side we have played this season and will still have an outside chance of the play offs even with the 10 point deduction.
Harry

SkyBlue_Bear83

It all smacked a little bit of the Thorn season and Pressley didn't impress me before the summer.

To be fair, I couldn't have been more wrong. Pressley has adapted well to the English game over the summer and has made men of a few boys. Long may I continue to be wrong.

tbf I wasn't overly impressed at the end of last season but I believed the quality of players was always there to get us out of the mess.

standupforcity

If you feel like I feel tonight, I reckon we'd have had 15,000 plus at the Ricoh tonight. Won't go to Sixfields but I reckon for the team to keep this up is the best and quickest way back to the Ricoh...it sure rubs it in how much sisu are missing out....but will they ever wake up, sit down, and talk!!!

italiahorse

If you feel like I feel tonight, I reckon we'd have had 15,000 plus at the Ricoh tonight. Won't go to Sixfields but I reckon for the team to keep this up is the best and quickest way back to the Ricoh...it sure rubs it in how much sisu are missing out....but will they ever wake up, sit down, and talk!!!

To be honest I listened to it on the radio, great win but concerned that I don't feel bothered that i'm not there.
Walsall on Saturday but lacking any excitement I usually get before going away. I hope something happens soon or I fear I'm loosing interest.

Come back soon so I can feel a belonging for the team.

skybluejelly

Where have all the people predicting relegation at the beginning of the season gone to hide :facepalm:

You don't know how much I put on mate... And I've been hiding in six fields...safest place away from the majority of city fans.. :)

LB87ccfc

Fantastic result, lets flood birmingham on saturday and get another 3 points not many will live with our pass and move style of play in this division, 30 goals scored already too!

Nick

Administrator

I also thought.last season pressley was a bit like thorn. So glad to be proven wrong.

@richh87

Well done Pressley! What a great team he has made out of academy prospects and a few experienced pros.

I hope we get to give him the ovation he deserves back at the Ricoh someday soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

davebart

great result. I am really chuffed.

I have to say it is becoming fortress sixfields. will the Ricoh ever become that?

ollyservetta

great game ,best improving side ive seen for years,could easily have been 2/3 more .for 90 mins every game the politics can be forgot about,and the footie takes the stage .looking forward to Saturday ,well done lads ,proud to be a sky blue

@richh87

That's a very diplomatic approach from you.

Should get us back to Coventry quickly, and would be nice pay back to their greedy chairman who "wants us to stay as long as possible".

I also hope Northampton get relegated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

BurbageSkyBlues

Should get us back to Coventry quickly, and would be nice pay back to their greedy chairman who "wants us to stay as long as possible".

Know what you mean rich but if Northampton burns down and they also get relegated, I d fear for the probability that CCFC would become Northampton something or other.......

They lost again tonight. But if I'm honest, I would wish no ill on Northampton Town. We should not wish bad on other supporters just because their CEO comes over as a dick. Remember we have our own dick, so we know what it's like.:slap:

@richh87

I'm sorry, I find the mere mention of Northampton upsetting.

What a crap little stadium - it's nowhere near worthy of City playing there.

covhead1

You're directing your anger at the wrong people, Northampton Town isn't at fault for us leaving the RICOH (someone else would've shared ground with us if they didn't) it's between SISU and ACL to sort out. I don't know why you, or anyone expect the chairman of NTFC to act in our best interests over theirs, pathetic!

Personally, I quite like NTFC (way before this!) and there's a nice little CCFC connection, I hope they do well.

the only team i want to see do well is coventry city and i want to see them do well in COVENTRY.

RFC

Enjoying the Sky Blues football more than at any time during the last 15 or 20 years. That's 33 goals at Sixfields and quality entertainment, either go and support Steven and our tremendous young side or miss-out!!!!!!!!!! Bring on Walsall but can't wait for Notts County, one of my sons drove up from London with a friend and the other travelled from Anstey - Leicestershire and both said it was well worth the time and effort and enjoyed the game more than any they'd seen at the Ricoh PUSB!

covhead1

Enjoying the Sky Blues football more than at any time during the last 15 or 20 years. That's 33 goals at Sixfields and quality entertainment, either go and support Steven and our tremendous young side or miss-out!!!!!!!!!! Bring on Walsall but can't wait for Notts County, one of my sons drove up from London with a friend and the other travelled from Anstey - Leicestershire and both said it was well worth the time and effort and enjoyed the game more than any they'd seen at the Ricoh PUSB!

hahaha
So your on first name terms with the manager now!

BurbageSkyBlues

So, the emphasis is on the fact that you want us to play at sixfields and not at the Ricoh?

What, exactly, do you desire as an outcome from this mess that Sisu have presided over?

Nonleagueherewecome

Good grief, I had absolutely no idea that they had a game last night. Ah well...thanks for saving me loads of money this season, Shitsu!

Nonleagueherewecome

To be honest I listened to it on the radio, great win but concerned that I don't feel bothered that i'm not there.
Walsall on Saturday but lacking any excitement I usually get before going away. I hope something happens soon or I fear I'm loosing interest.

Come back soon so I can feel a belonging for the team.

Yeah, I know that empty feeling. Here's hoping for new owners in January ;)

luwalla

who on earth was the guy they interviewed on CWR before the match last night.. he said we would lose 5-0.. he also said we didnt deserve a point against wolverhampton & that the current team wasnt a good one. he then went onto to say we play bad against the poor teams and even worse against the good teams.. Clive asked him he was really a coventry fan!!

I know orient were missing their star man last night, but still that was a great result .. just cant believe that after all these years of watching poor football & bad results, me and my family are now missing out on some of the most consistent & goal scoring footy in along time :(

bigdave74

Great result once again can't wait for Saturday hopefully an other win sp and the lads are doing a great job so far

Users who are viewing this thread