Great PR (1 Viewer)

SonOfSnoz

What's with the ticket office not being able to deal with 200 customers?? FFS?? Hardly Man Utd is it??

Fans, you got a whole week yet to get your ticket for the Gills match!!!

Nothing like a bit of PR spin though hey!!

RegiswasGod

I've been trying online and by phone all day. Online doesn't work and the phone just goes straight to a full mailbox. Unbelievable.

smileycov

Facebook User
Bit harsh!! as some pointed out, we have had 2 months shoved into 1 week so far. Hardly surprising there creaking at the seams. Everyone is trying at the same time. Nice for a different moan to come out though......ahh the joy of being a club again ha ha :claping hands:

SonOfSnoz

Sisu already got the match funded cos of tv coverage!
Hope they don't return to Northampton straight after though :)
All the club has to say is, you got a week to purchase tickets & can buy on the day, so don't stress!

shy_tall_knight

My experience of the ticket office this week has been extremely positive, considering the circumstances, short notice, huge demand, staff numbers reduced and the break in over the weekend. Give them a break, frustrated as some fans may be my son got tickets this afternoon and was in the queue about an hour. Lorraine in the ticket office was excellent with my other son's JSB membership.

SonofErnie

Whichever way you spin it, the online system is abysmal. Is it really beyond them to have an online ticket ordering system that can cope with a high volume of traffic. There are concert/event ticketing systems which have to cope with 1000's of hits a minute, not just a few hundred like CCFC. They need to get a grip!

Froch v groves 2 sold what? 60000 in less than an hour, granted by numerous agencies but surely demand is no where near the same level. City should really have though this whole procedure through better. And have ticket offers for the yeovil match with a Gillingham ticket

Qwerty70

The stadium holds 32k : at best they will have sold 10k by now. There will be cash stiles on the night and I don't understand the panic!!

Flying Fokker

Bit harsh!! as some pointed out, we have had 2 months shoved into 1 week so far. Hardly surprising there creaking at the seams. Everyone is trying at the same time. Nice for a different moan to come out though......ahh the joy of being a club again ha ha :claping hands:

Agreed. I sent an email to them just. What a headache it must be.

I've been up 3 times today. Should have queued at 08:00 for the shop to open at 9:30. Because 10:30 was a no go with 400 people in the queue. Went up there at 4 only to find 80 people in a line and and the line closed for today.

Waste of time on the web. There muse be a queue there aswell.

But I did manage to speak to Steve Waggot.

I will try again but having seen the CCFC statement I think there will be a while before all tickets have gone.

Well done to the staff in the ticket office.

Flying Fokker

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Whichever way you spin it, the online system is abysmal. Is it really beyond them to have an online ticket ordering system that can cope with a high volume of traffic. There are concert/event ticketing systems which have to cope with 1000's of hits a minute, not just a few hundred like CCFC. They need to get a grip!

Would you have preferred to play Gilliingham at sixfields to give them extra time to get themselves sorted for the Ricoh return?

ccfc92

My GF has had the computer on since 9.30 to try and get tickets, to no success. I've just got home, and starting to try now. The online system is the one I have a problem with, surely it should cope with maybe 500 or so people on it at once? SBT does :)

The staff in the ticket office can only do as much as they can, and going by the pics of the queue, they've done a very admirable job :claping hands:

hill83

It all costs money. And for the twice a season there might be demand like this it's probably not worth shelling out for it.
It's normally smooth sailing ordering online so it's definitely fit for purpose.

theferret

It all costs money. And for the twice a season there might be demand like this it's probably not worth shelling out for it.
It's normally smooth sailing ordering online so it's definitely fit for purpose.

To be fair, it costs nowt. A dedicated server with medium spec would cost peanuts and should easily be able to handle several thousand simultaneous visitors. I'm not sure the software helps. Not moaning, it is what it is and is not a problem 99% of the time.

chiefdave

This happens with most online ticketing systems when there's a surge in demand. Pretty much the only site that doesn't get it is ticket master as they have separate front end and back end servers and will queue you up so once you get to the front of the queue you get moved to a different server to complete the transaction (See tickets have also introduced a similar system recently). Ticketmaster do sell football tickets but you can be sure if the club said they were moving to that everyone would be up in arms about having to pay booking fees.

kdrinkell

You have to bear in mind they have gone from staring at the walls dribbling for 12 months to having to actually work….bless them

ccfcway

You have to bear in mind they have gone from staring at the walls dribbling for 12 months to having to actually work….bless them

or as Pressley would put it.....

"they have been putting in a shift for the last 12 months. Their dribbling has been excellent, but they are not quite up to high service game we demand. I thought they bossed the last hour and there are a lot of positives to be taken into the next day. I am looking to bring in one or two more bodies before the weekend, but if we cant, we might got to a temp agency for a short term fix, although i am not a big fan of that, as they will need to go back to Matalan next Thursday"

torchomatic

I couldn't get Kate Bush tickets a few months ago. Should I have blamed Coventry City?

ccfcway

I couldn't get Kate Bush tickets a few months ago. Should I have blamed Coventry City?

Out on the wiley, windy hills
We protested and watched the game
Tim had a temper, and a pint or three
Too stubborn, too greedy
CCFC, How could you leave me
When I needed you?
I hated you. I loved you, too

Bad dreams in the night
They told me that going to Sixfields going was shite
Leave behind my dithering, dithering
Dithering plight

Fisher............Its me...........I'm happy...........we're coming home now !!

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
To be fair, it costs nowt. A dedicated server with medium spec would cost peanuts and should easily be able to handle several thousand simultaneous visitors. I'm not sure the software helps. Not moaning, it is what it is and is not a problem 99% of the time.

Probably £100 - £150 a month for a basic server. Probably needs to be PCI compliant for the cards so a fair bit more.

You would then probably need a decent firewall so that you can setup a site to site VPN with all of the in store systems so that the in store thing talks to it.

Need to get the systems reconfigured to talk to each other etc.

Companies as big as CCFC should really colocate their own equipment in a proper datacentre with 10gig internet connections etc.

ccfc92

Probably £100 - £150 a month for a basic server. Probably needs to be PCI compliant for the cards so a fair bit more.

You would then probably need a decent firewall so that you can setup a site to site VPN with all of the in store systems so that the in store thing talks to it.

Need to get the systems reconfigured to talk to each other etc.

Companies as big as CCFC should really colocate their own equipment in a proper datacentre with 10gig internet connections etc.

soo.... in laymens terms they should be doing better? :)

Users who are viewing this thread