Grant Ward (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Well, I was partly right when I thought he could be available in the summer for us as I thought he would struggle to break into the Tottenham team.

Gint11

Not sure I believe that about Italian teams wanting him. Good player though, would have him back next season. Brings the best out of Fleck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LJC_CCFC

So obscure a rumour that it could well be true. Just can't see Depor and Udinese scouts picking out a player from League 1 however.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would think that Spurs would keep him on and loan him out again but probably to a championship team.

pusbccfc

He would get into either one of them teams.

covcity4life

udinese are pretty good, is that a premface(or in this case english-face) view?

as for ward i really like him, would be amazing if we could get him back next year

Gint11

Why not? Italian scouts regularly watch the Championship and League 1

Championship yeah, league 1? Doubt it. Probably watching Ward elsewhere.

no_loyalty

I very much doubt we will get Grant Ward back, but we could get Elliott Ward?

Hobo

Championship yeah, league 1? Doubt it. Probably watching Ward elsewhere.

probably started in America

rupert_bear

My information is if Tony Mowbray is manager and if Spurs can't offer reasonable first team opportunities he would like to come here for another loan spell providing we stay up that is, a lot hinges on the Mowbray situation re. Ward, Johnson and Samuels I believe.

Woodster

I'm hoping that because of our position in the league and the fact he hasn't grabbed headlines by scoring an abundance of goals that his performances may have slipped under the radar a bit. He's been comfortably our best player since Mowbray came in.

The lad is easily a click above League One, wouldn't be surprised to see him at a play-off challenging Championship side.

Chipfat

TM will be the key to those like Pennigton and Ward staying for another season,, my feeling would be both will have chances at the championship level and the parent clubs would encourage that due to stepping up in levels to see progress in the individual.. Samuel will get a shot at Reading in the first team squad they have not had a great league season and may want to try him out,, he may turn into a Wilson type of situation where like TM stated yesterday he might be a 20 goal a year man and not know it..

TM if given the opportunity will make a difference but he will need backing and will need time to change the philosophy in the club on and off the field,, without the foundation nothing can be built.. Most players here play knowing that its survival and not much will change in its current state,, potential is massive we just need Sisu to walk away or to see the same and back a manager who gets the best out of players and results by being solid and organized.. He also understands the need to have quality in depth, the ability to change the game or make you different from the rest brings results, he will work with a smaller squad with more quality than quantity if backed...

Last edited:

covcity4life

i think samuel spoke glowingly about mowbray. i think he would return

ward and pennington may be tougher sells but damn if we do thats 3 brillaint players(for league 1)in defence,midfield and upfront.

good core to build upon

Greggs

i think samuel spoke glowingly about mowbray. i think he would return

ward and pennington may be tougher sells but damn if we do thats 3 brillaint players(for league 1)in defence,midfield and upfront.

good core to build upon

I don't think the core of our side should be built with loan players personally.

Astute

I don't think the core of our side should be built with loan players personally.

In an ideal world we wouldn't need any loan players. We would have a squad of players fighting to get into the first team and always give 100%.

Reality? If TM can get season long good players through his contacts that makes up the best players we have then so be it. We won't be spending money on buying players. There are plenty of young players in the Prem that need game time. We could even get them for free dependent on game time. We will have to put our trust in TM if he stays and in SISU to let him do what he needs.

Sky Blue Harry H

In an ideal world we wouldn't need any loan players. We would have a squad of players fighting to get into the first team and always give 100%.

Reality? If TM can get season long good players through his contacts that makes up the best players we have then so be it. We won't be spending money on buying players. There are plenty of young players in the Prem that need game time. We could even get them for free dependent on game time. We will have to put our trust in TM if he stays and in SISU to let him down :D.

Changed it for you !:D

ccfc1234

If the vision is to win League 1 we need him back along with a few others. This division is not special and with some real quality and energetic committed young players is very winnable. Grant is better than L1 but that's really why we need him and a few others that make people surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread