Graham Westley (1 Viewer)

Greggs

Shit bloke ....wonder what fans of P.N.E make of him though.
Preston's tactics and attitudes were just a huge extension of GW personality in my opinion, horrible team!

Greggs

Yep, i was sat just behind him. He gave their keeper some grief.
With him building a whole new squad, i guess he may have just signed players he knows are strong mentally!

Last edited:

Greggs

i got the impression the 4th official was scared of GW and the big Greek bloke

covcity4life

No I know you like him but you will ignore that just to put the team down

Doom gloom, wum, school holidays...not sure which you are yet

CarpyCov84

Another Neil Warnock thinks he's bigger than what he is know a Preston fan and he's said a lot of fans are divided with him.

stupot07

Ya I'm silly and deluded yet been right so far...

Nah, your not deluded just overly optimistic.

We are on a fantastic run, I just don't believe we can get to the magic 72/73 points that 6th place has finished on for the last 10 + seasons. We will haven another wobble at some point in the season, even the very best do like united and city last season.

I was so excited before the game yesterday, the most excited I have felt in a long time and the performance really let me down.

dongonzalos

We are on a fantastic run, I just don't believe we can get to the magic 72/73 points that 6th place has finished on for the last 10 + seasons. We will haven another wobble at some point in the season, even the very best do like united and city last season.

I was so excited before the game yesterday, the most excited I have felt in a long time and the performance really let me down.

I wonder if it is the hollow echo of the Ricoh that causes it.

Maybe better renamed the echo

Tommyart

Absolutely do not want to slag home supporters off. I live in Tokyo and haven't been back to England for ages. Last game I saw was 0-1 beating by Sheff Utd in the Championship. Think it was Boxing Day. Dele Adebola came on and everyone was shouting Donkeee. I thought that a bit harsh- give him a chance. Took me 10 minutes, then I was joining in Donkee. Never mind. My point is about yesterday. First of all their wanker manager aside PNE are just the kind of side we can't beat. (We'll do them in the JPT) but they are about level on points with us and have got about the same gd. We arent that good at home. As I say, no offense to the home supporters, but we've only beaten Morecambe at home recently- the rest have been draws. Second, away form has been epic- I reckon both Stevenage (who?) and MK( least I' ve heard of them) are winnable. Go om you Sky Blues. Again, no offense to you people who go every home game- you are the reason people like me can bore foreignes with stories of CCFC.

Greggs

His job is to do what is best for his team and not please opposition fans

totally agree, but there are certain ways to do it and certain ways not to do it, Westley fits the latter.

SBS

Absolutely do not want to slag home supporters off. I live in Tokyo and haven't been back to England for ages. Last game I saw was 0-1 beating by Sheff Utd in the Championship. Think it was Boxing Day. Dele Adebola came on and everyone was shouting Donkeee. I thought that a bit harsh- give him a chance. Took me 10 minutes, then I was joining in Donkee. Never mind. My point is about yesterday. First of all their wanker manager aside PNE are just the kind of side we can't beat. (We'll do them in the JPT) but they are about level on points with us and have got about the same gd. We arent that good at home. As I say, no offense to the home supporters, but we've only beaten Morecambe at home recently- the rest have been draws. Second, away form has been epic- I reckon both Stevenage (who?) and MK( least I' ve heard of them) are winnable. Go om you Sky Blues. Again, no offense to you people who go every home game- you are the reason people like me can bore foreignes with stories of CCFC.

Opposition teams must love playing at the Ricoh. No atmosphere, no fans screaming for decisions etc. Even when we were winning yesterday, it was the Preston fans making the noise. I would personally close the Telegraph stand and bunch all the fans together which improved the atmosphere against Sheff Utd, but I can't see that happening.

Otis

Of course we will have a wobble. All teams do pretty much. Trouble is, we need a wobble free run in to have any chance at all.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

@richh87

Of course we will have a wobble. All teams do pretty much. Trouble is, we need a wobble free run in to have any chance at all.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Yes, but this is league 1, and even the teams in the top 6 aren't all that great. We need to do a bit better than them, that's all - nothing we're not capable of.

If you check the PNE fans forum the consensus of opinion suggests that he's a total prat and not at all in tune with the fans.
His personality does seem to reflect the way that they play.

Graham Westley's playing career:

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
1986–1987 Gillingham 2 (0)
1987 Barnet 3 (1)
1987–1988 Wycombe Wanderers 20 (4)
1988–1990 Kingstonian 28 (9)
1990 Wealdstone 8 (1)
1990 Farnborough Town 11 (3)
1990 Harlow Town 2 (0)
1990–1992 Enfield 41 (14)
1992 Aylesbury United 5 (1)
1992–1993 Harrow Borough 17 (4)
1993 Tooting & Mitcham United 8 (1)
1993 Molesey 2 (1)
1994 Walton & Hersham 2 (0

Played all his career at the highest level, some pedigree eh;)

Greggs

Graham Westley's playing career:

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
1986–1987 Gillingham 2 (0)
1987 Barnet 3 (1)
1987–1988 Wycombe Wanderers 20 (4)
1988–1990 Kingstonian 28 (9)
1990 Wealdstone 8 (1)
1990 Farnborough Town 11 (3)
1990 Harlow Town 2 (0)
1990–1992 Enfield 41 (14)
1992 Aylesbury United 5 (1)
1992–1993 Harrow Borough 17 (4)
1993 Tooting & Mitcham United 8 (1)
1993 Molesey 2 (1)
1994 Walton & Hersham 2 (0

Played all his career at the highest level, some pedigree eh;)

13 clubs in 8 years, speaks volumes

Users who are viewing this thread