Grab a beer or a cup of tea, it’s CCFC!! (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
But this is now and that was then we can keep going over who’s to blame and basically SiSU cock it all up by not taking a positive path as against a negative one. Now we’re facing an end and the legal struggle still continues

Yes, it is here and now and there are still multiple parties who can directly allow a deal at the Ricoh and others who have some sort of influence in making it happen.

So why is an article that skips everything that other parties have done and make it all about SISU going to make any difference at all? All that is going to do is make other parties look blameless and make sure nobody looks their way. It's the same as the deafening silence about Wasps / CCC from the same people / fans groups.

It's pretty obvious when you take a step back and look at it.

Nick

Administrator
It's a head shaker though reading back on those owner statements over the past 11 years or so.

What a crock of shit. Thoroughly embarrassing.

Like I said, it's no different to somebody putting out a one sided brexit / remain article is it?

Otis

Like I said, it's no different to somebody putting out a one sided brexit / remain article is it?
No, but I am talking about all the downright lies about never coming back to the Ricoh, never re-entering a rental agreement and the endless we ARE building a stadium and we WILL be announcing it shortly.

There's busllhit and then there's downright falsehoods.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
No, but I am talking about all the downright lies about never coming back to the Ricoh, never re-entering a real agreement and the endless we ARE building a stadium and we WILL be announcing it shortly.

There's busllhit and then there's downright falsehoods.

Of course they have bullshitted.

Like I said, you have now read the list of SISU bullshit and haven't seen any bullshit from the other parties all the way through or the full picture. Exactly as it was intended.

Does it mention the council saying they wanted to build trust about a potential sale when moving back from Sixfields even though they knew Wasps had bought it?

It's exactly as I said, all parties have been guilty of bullshitting and playing games but people seem to conveniently forget it.

It's exactly what this article is trying to do.

Why's that? Refer back to the Haskell Mk2 thread again and it to the list of things that make it obvious ;)

Nick

Administrator
When you say ‘new’ club, do you think he meant a reincarnated CCFC?

Without going into the whole "new club" discussion as we have on a few threads.

It was when asked about a potential new club if CCFC die. He said they may start at Hereford's level but there is a possibility of playing at the Ricoh (or something like that).

It's a strange thing to say. How would he know that? If he doesn't, why would he say it?

Otis

On the other hand.....

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, but it matters not. It would still be a nonsense.

The point is more why was it said?

1. If it hasn't been discussed, how would he know?
2. If it has been discussed, see the Haskell Mk2 thread....

Otis

It was when asked about a potential new club if CCFC die. He said they may start at Hereford's level but there is a possibility of playing at the Ricoh (or something like that).

It's a strange thing to say. How would he know that? If he doesn't, why would he say it?
Assumption? Wishful thinking?

I can't possibly think there have been negotiations going on over the matter with Wasps.

I was eleven in 87

Oh right I see.
Say no more.

Nick

Administrator

I can't possibly think there have been negotiations going on over the matter with Wasps.

So if he doesn't actually know, why is he telling people that?

Exactly the same with why he told the media he boycotts games.

1. Does he know full well he can go and sit with his mates without a season ticket?
2. Does he genuinely not know he can go and sit with his mates?

Maybe Fisher was just thinking wishfully about a new stadium and not bullshitting at all? ;)*

*The wink is there for the people who would take that and think he wasn't bullshitting.

mark82

Ok I get what you are saying and he seems to have a bit of an agenda.
But I think my point still stands that it would be beneficial for people to be able to read a similar piece but from the SISU side?

It would be nice to see a balanced view occasionally. Not sure why there needs to be sides. Why do people think you can only have an extreme view one way or another these days?

mark82

It's just so commonplace to make shit up to support your argument these days that people just freely do it.

Otis

It would be nice to see a balanced view occasionally. Not sure why there needs to be sides. Why do people think you can only have an extreme view one way or another these days?
Well that's what happens in politics .You will get the Labour slant on things and then the government slant on things and there is a great big ravine in-between the two.

Nick

Administrator
Well that's what happens in politics .You will get the Labour slant on things and then the government slant on things and there is a great big ravine in-between the two.
Don't you find it strange that people make statements and do things like this on behalf of the council and wasps then?

Otis

Don't you find it strange that people make statements and do things like this on behalf of the council and wasps then?
What makes you think it is on behalf of?

I don't see that. To me it comes across as someone who has just bought into that thinking and taken sides.

I think it's just his own personal view.

Unless that's not what you meant?

It might appear he's a mouthpiece for the council, but I think he just subscribes to that point of view, just as some believe we should leave the EU with no deal and some, with a deal, and some not at all.

It's just what you buy into isn't it?

Nick

Administrator
What makes you think it is on behalf of?

I don't see that. To me it comes across as someone who has just bought into that thinking and taken sides.

I think it's just his own personal view.

Unless that's not what you meant?

It might appear he's a mouthpiece for the council, but I think he just subscribes to that point of view, just as some believe we should leave the EU with no deal and some, with a deal, and some not at all.

It's just what you buy into isn't it?

Because he isn't just believing it, he is the one pushing the propaganda as hard as possible.

Grendel

I’m sure there has

vow

The Manhattan lot but the council didn’t like them; SISU were their preferred buyer.
If my memory serves me well, I believe The Manhattan Group were interested in late 2007 all the way untill either, the £ v $ exchange rate had plummetted (making the purchase more expensive for the Yanks) and/or in the Oct 2008 when that crash happened?
I don't remember it doing anything to do with CCC disliking them?

D

Deleted member 2477

I think it’s fair to say every person and organisation including Sisu, the council, wasps and previous directors have all had their grubby little hands in the demise of this club. No one can claim to have acted in the best interest of the club. They have all had one thing on their agenda whatever side they have sat and that’s money and greed at the expense of the club, it’s supporters and the community

chiefdave

Unless there was another American group involved it must have been Manhattan who the Telegraph were referring to when they reported at the time that following a meeting with the council they got on a plane back to America and immediately ended their interest.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

SISU have totally screwed us - he is right about that, but IF the council realised the value of a football team to the city they’d have kept the RICOH.

It’s a lot easier to go crawling back to a local authority who want the football team there for a deal to rent the stadium then it is to go to an entity that wants us gone

vow

Unless there was another American group involved it must have been Manhattan who the Telegraph were referring to when they reported at the time that following a meeting with the council they got on a plane back to America and immediately ended their interest.
I believe it was another US group that was involved when they turned tail rather sharpish after meeting CCC.

chiefdave

I believe it was another US group that was involved when they turned tail rather sharpish after meeting CCC.
Could well be. At the end of the day there were seven interested parties and the six who wanted Ricoh ownership didn't get a positive response from the council, including the council leader publicly ridiculing some of them.

Lord_Nampil

If my memory serves me well, I believe The Manhattan Group were interested in late 2007 all the way untill either, the £ v $ exchange rate had plummetted (making the purchase more expensive for the Yanks) and/or in the Oct 2008 when that crash happened?

I was at Uni when Manhattan came on the scene, that was early 2007! they pulled out around October, when Robinson stepped down as Chairman Fletcher left as CEO and Elliott became chairman. It was down to the fact that the Arena wasn't on the table when the takeover was sort after.....

vow

I was at Uni when Manhattan came on the scene, that was early 2007! they pulled out around October, when Robinson stepped down as Chairman Fletcher left as CEO and Elliott became chairman. It was down to the fact that the Arena wasn't on the table when the takeover was sort after.....
In the press at the time they said it was to do with the exchange rate, as the purchase price was then too high in Oct.

Quite possible the CCC also said the Ricoh Arena wasn't ont' table too!

Lord_Nampil

In the press at the time they said it was to do with the exchange rate, as the purchase price was then too high in Oct.

Quite possible the CCC also said the Ricoh Arena wasn't ont' table too!
the exchange rate was a problem too if i remember rings bells now, just remember the council wont budge comment fletcher said and was the main down fall to the deal!

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread