Gould's take on the loan system... (1 Viewer)

BlueElephant

“He has got some good players in on loan but I don’t like the system. The lad Armstrong has come in from Newcastle and scored goals and signed until January - what happens after that? If he goes elsewhere where do the goals come from?

“I don’t think it benefits anyone, club or player and that goes for most clubs in leagues outside of the Premier League.”

Read more: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/shef...a-premier-league-game-1-7618437#ixzz3tzh4J2wn

He says the loan system benefits NEITHER club or player. Utterly farcical. I can understand the whole teams relying on loans argument but how someone can say it benefits no one is beyond me

Captain Dart

stevefloyd

Does that mean if we buy a player short term contract or even long term then sell them it doesnt benefit the club or player.. mans deluded

mechaishida

“He has got some good players in on loan but I don’t like the system. The lad Armstrong has come in from Newcastle and scored goals and signed until January - what happens after that? If he goes elsewhere where do the goals come from?

“I don’t think it benefits anyone, club or player and that goes for most clubs in leagues outside of the Premier League.”

Read more: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/shef...a-premier-league-game-1-7618437#ixzz3tzh4J2wn

He says the loan system benefits NEITHER club or player. Utterly farcical. I can understand the whole teams relying on loans argument but how someone can say it benefits no one is beyond me 

Is Bobby aware of the financial plight of, well, every club outside the Premiership? We're lucky if we can spend £50k on a player.

The loan system is a necessity for teams like us, otherwise we'd have a team full of free agent has-beens and kids who aren't ready. Very strange remarks from Mr Gould.

Sky Blue Pete

Just looking at our situation this season and I may miss some

Arma definitely benefiting the player and us and Newcastle

Murphy definitely benefitting the player and us, don't think he will be good enough to be regular first team for Norwich

Cole not benefitted us yet or the player. Could do. Won't affect Villa either way

Kent benefitted player and Liverpool as gaining first team football and with an end product will be a first team player for them. Not sure this has massively benefitted us. He's excited me but job and lameiras are good enough

Bigi great for player cause it's us not sure it's benefitting either club but an injury to our midfield would mean a different answer

Turner great for player and both clubs short term. Exactly what the loan system is for really

Generally I agree that it needs some regulation 5 is too many, would go for 3 and try and ensure they are longer term.

Skybluedar

No he hasn't got much of a point. The majority of the goals we have scored have come from loan players. Likelihood is Armstrong is the only player that potentially might not be extended so we replace him. Kent should stay. Murphy has just won November's player of the month and Armstrong is far more well known now than before he signed. So how does he have a point? Clearly benefits both. If a first team player got injured you'd have to replace him. We had Clarke and Wilson and lost them both within a few weeks even though they were permanent signings. Mind you if we had Mowbray we might have got some proper quality in on loan to help us out.

crazylegsjoe

Loans 2014/15:
1. Ward
2. Proschwitz
3. Samuel
4. Odelusi
5. Nouble
6. Martin
7. Pennington
8. Stokes
9. Madine
10. Williams
11. McQuoid
12. Coulibaly
13. Allsopp
14. Jones
15. Hines

Loans 2015/16:
1. Armstrong
2. Morris
3. Cole
4. Turner
5. Bigirimana
6. Murphy
7. Kent

Why is it only an issue when we're good?

Liquid Gold

The loan system is messed up but it's a consequence of bigger teams hoarding players. How can teams in our division compete when teams like Chelsea have something like 100 players on the books hoping one or two come good. They are able to pay a pittance for promising youngsters then loan them out and hope it goes well, while the kids are tempted by the amount of money in that end of the game.

The only way to change the abuse of the system is not by limiting teams like us to having fewer loan players but by forcing clubs to have a limited number of players of all age groups up to the first team. If this were the case then there would be more young talent available who didn't quite make the grade for the next age group at their original club but might well do a job a couple of leagues down. Would benefit the player having first team football, would benefit smaller clubs by having saleable assets and it would benefit the national team by having more English kids playing first team football.

I hate that the blame for the loan system gets aimed at the smaller clubs, target the premier league where the problem is - although I'm sure there would be an outcry if anything like this was proposed.

It's like the premier league clubs wanting their b teams to play in the league, that makes it a 2 class football league where some have too much and some not enough.

Just like many things in our society the blame has been put upon the have nots when the haves are causing the majority of the problem

rupert_bear

More evidence of whittering crap spouted by the goon Gould without really thinking of what he is saying, without the loan system just about all the clubs below the premiership would be confined to staying below for ever and there would be nowhere for young hopefuls to go and learn their trade, go back as far as Beckham and many soon to be superstars were loaned out. The one aspect of the loan system that's needs changing is clubs lending out players in the same league i.e. prem to prem and for big clubs like Chelsea having over 30 out on loan is a farce.

Grendel

Goulds always been one sandwhich short of a picnic. The chicken drumstick is missing now as well.

Rodders1

The loan system does need changing. To be fair it's obviously been a great system for us this season. And not for say Barnsley who I think have around 7 loans.

However, lets just say the loan system was scrapped, this also should benefit teams like us. The top teams in the Premier league / Championship wouldn't be able to stock pile all the youngsters / squad players. These players wouldn't want to play in any reserve leagues. Many (if they aren't all about money) would want to leave and find 1st team football down the league and sign on permanent contracts.

This is the issue. If the loans system was scrapped, then we'd actually own more players and hence get a return on them once they prove their worth and are sold to a higher team.

One caveat - This season for me we should keep the current system in place!

Captain Dart

Wise caveat ;)

TewkesburySkyBlue

Please do not insult Bobby Gould.He is more loyal to CCFC than most of us will ever be. You may disagree with his views but please don't insult someone who has done more for this club than the likes of you will ever do.

Last edited:

JimmyHillsbeard

Please do not insult Bobby Gould.He is more loyal to CCFC than most of us will ever be. You may disagree with his views but please don't insult someone who has done more for this club than the likes of you will ever do.

No one is above scrutiny; Jimmy Hill is an icon to this club but fans ought to be able to question his disastrous last few years as chairman when he inflicted on the club an all seater stadium with no roof and sank resources into massive flirtation with the Washington Diplomats in the NASL from which we've never really recovered.

Bobby Gould is not in JH's league. He's a local bloke who played for the club. Did well, got a move to a bigger club and then flitted around a series of Midlands and SW teams for the rest of his career.

As a manager he spotted several good players in the lower leagues - and signed many many terrible ones. He was sacked the first time when we were going down. His second spell in charge of us was marginally better but he resigned after getting thumped by QPR hours after going on national tv saying he was 'home'

Two years ago when working as a pundit for our FA Cup game against AFC Wimbledon he admitted to wanting the Dons to win.

All in all I bear him no malice but he was a shite manager (twice) and his media appearances are without exception embarrassing.

J

Jack Griffin

He is a good person and has the club at heart.

I don't see why anyone should slag him off for being 'imperfect' or for not being a deep and knowledgeable thinker. Disagree with him sure, but give a reasoned argument. It is utterly pathetic to question his ability or sanity.

Remember he won the FA cup as Wimbledon manager, it is not surprising he has deep affection for them.

He has earned some respect in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread