Got my season ticket today... (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Similarly, please don't play the "It is your fault because you have bought a season ticket" card

Please don't play the "It's your fault because you haven't bought a ST card"
"

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Similarly, please don't play the "It is your fault because you have bought a season ticket" card

Exactly. And any business, SISU or whoever, will make personnel decisions based on income. If you deliberately starve the income, don't be surprised or offended by the likely outcome.

Not that in any way I'm making excuses for anything that SISU have done during their tenure - my disapproval of them is well documented on here. But they will make decisions based in the 'today' as any business should. And expenditure should always be matched to income. Starve one, shape the other...

Sky Blue Kid

Exactly. And any business, SISU or whoever, will make personnel decisions based on income. If you deliberately starve the income, don't be surprised or offended by the likely outcome.

Not that in any way I'm making excuses for anything that SISU have done during their tenure - my disapproval of them is well documented on here. But they will make decisions based in the 'today' as any business should. And expenditure should always be matched to income. Starve one, shape the other...

I sympathize with your post to a degree, but shouldn't SISU have made their decisions based in the "Today" as any business should........5 years ago?

Sky Blue Kid

Mary_Mungo_Midge..........Isn't this what SISU have done from day one?:thinking about:

Ashdown

Tis very difficult. I am so fervently anti-SISU and everything they have done and stand for that making myself part with around £450 for my required ST's is a real dilemna. Its not the cash, its the principle and the commitment we would be making when we haven't seen anything positive from the owners in nearly two years now. There is still no real transparency as to what their intentions are, they couldn't care less about the football club and haven't even confirmed continuation for the season officially.
For what its worth I am looking forward to a new beginning in a League where we should find our level but I have a reasoned fear that unless SISU get their way with other corporate ambitions they will ensure that this is not a new beginning at all but the beginning of the end.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I am not for one moment going to defend any aspect of SISU's stewardship. It's been a car-crash of successive displays of ineptitude and insensitivity.

They make self-serving decisions even when they have income. They'll make even more selfish decisions without...

dongonzalos

If you ignore for a moment the notion of player purchases, and just think about the ordinary folk who work at the club - and are currently under threat of redundancy - then not renewing, or leaving it until the last minute will do nothing for their job security.

If you love the club and want to support the team, just buy a season ticket if circumstances permit, or on a case by case basis; but just do it.

SISU are so far into this club now that withholding buying, or only attending away games, or any other token gesture won't make one iota of difference. If only one person had a season ticket for next season, we'd still be under their stewardship - until something, or someone better comes along

This is a very good point.

The only flip side to it. Is season ticket sales are apparently up on this time last year. Yet the people who are currently in talks with the charity about a deal reported to be worth somewhere between 25 to 30 k.
Have still served notices on staff regarding redundencies.

My gut instinct tells me these notices would have Benn served if there was 500 season ticket renewals, 5000 or 10000.

Now if you want a conspiracy theory torch. Whilst negiotiating with a charity and council who care about employment and regeneration in coventry.

Does serving and actually making people redundant strengthen your position and apply pressure on those two organisations to be more flexible in their stance.

In my book it is a tactic exactly the same as withholding rent.

The money seems to be there but they are choosing how to use it on a ling term negiotiating strategy.

The above is a conspiracy theory torch.

My previous comment was more common sense. If you are not getting you loyal hard core customer. You have to ask yourself why and do something about it.

In this case they would have had to think well it is not the price as this is pretty good. It has to be the embargo. We will need to drop that one as a tactic against the council we need our loyal fan base back as we have actually spent that money.

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Don't confuse the issue, dear chap.

SISU are currently orchestrating the running of the club - or not as the case may be - as a business. It's been a disaster for them, and I bet they wished they hadn't got involved, but they have. They're fund managers, who will be managing their investor's money with a view to making a return. Right now, those investors doubtless wont be over the moon with their return on this particular project. Hence expenditure being as low as possible. Good money after bad and all.

The investment in the Ricoh would be a different venture. Same investment managers - SISU - but with a different operating, and proven dynamic. This would be of interest to different investors. 'First in' might be offered to those investors who have already seen a disastrous return via the footballing side, perhaps on favourable terms to rebuild bridges. Other cash would follow. My guess would be that this 'venture' might be ring fenced internally within SISU. However, to the outside world, it looks like a seamless SISU facade prevails.

To think that because 'SISU' can funds for the latter, they should be able to find funds for the former is not to understand how fund management works

ajsccfc

When you say you got your season ticket do you mean you've got it sorted for the season or you've actually got the card in your possession?

dongonzalos

Don't confuse the issue, dear chap.

SISU are currently orchestrating the running of the club - or not as the case may be - as a business. It's been a disaster for them, and I bet they wished they hadn't got involved, but they have. They're fund managers, who will be managing their investor's money with a view to making a return. Right now, those investors doubtless wont be over the moon with their return on this particular project. Hence expenditure being as low as possible. Good money after bad and all.

The investment in the Ricoh would be a different venture. Same investment managers - SISU - but with a different operating, and proven dynamic. This would be of interest to different investors. 'First in' might be offered to those investors who have already seen a disastrous return via the footballing side, perhaps on favourable terms to rebuild bridges. Other cash would follow. My guess would be that this 'venture' might be ring fenced internally within SISU. However, to the outside world, it looks like a seamless SISU facade prevails.

To think that because 'SISU' can funds for the latter, they should be able to find funds for the former is not to understand how fund management works

and here is where we have the problem. You maybe right it maybe different investors as the origional ones are skint. Or it could be the origional ones who do have the money but will only spend it on the stadium not staff or the footey club
As they are hidden we don't know.
Either option means 5000 season ticket sales did not stop the redundency letters. Hence I don't think holding off till the last day would have made any difference to this matter.
IMO sisu would have had to do something to win the fans back.

Macca

Me too, but every other poster is either stating they are buying one or not. The whole ST thing is a big issue this year.

I just love how whether it's a yay or nay people think it gives them some sort of moral high ground. It's just buying a ticket for a series of events that resemble a football match :D

dongonzalos

Also and this is going to be a bit controversial and create a bit of backlash.

Those who say they have bought their season ticket saying by doing so they are stopping the club from going under.

You buy a season ticket becuse you know you are going to go every other week. You buy the season ticket because it is cheaper. Not because you are saving the club saving peoples jobs etc..

It is a season ticket because it means you can go to the matches for less money.

I am not criticing that, I think if you are going to go every second week you should buy a season ticket you would be a fool not too.

However those who say you have done it primarily to help save the club from liquidation. I feel that the genuine reason is you will go every second week anyway and and by buying a season ticket it is cheaper. I dont blame you.

If I could go to every home match I would buy one. Only difference is I would buy it at 3pm on the 30th. Or later if they extend the early bird gain.

ajsccfc

My reasons for buying a season ticket are purely selfish, I'm happy to admit it. I wouldn't otherwise donate the money to the club under the guise of being helpful.

DukeOfCov

We who haven't bought season tickets are better fans as over a season we pump more wedge into the club, in fact anyone who has bought a ticket is a tight fisted git !!

Tight fisted eh?! Mmm, really...well we're all entitled to our opinions.

Everyone's situation is different, and it's commendable that you pay full wack for each game...perahps you too should receive one of Macca's 'Blue Peter Badges'! I have another name for it though...being smart about where my money goes with the seemingly never ending recession we're in. I do however pay full wack for the away games:D

shmmeee

Just read the last page of this but why are people claiming increased ST sales when they are close to half what they were last season.

We'd sold over 7k early May last year. Now in June we've sold 5k. OK maybe not half but a massive reduction.

DukeOfCov

Just read the last page of this but why are people claiming increased ST sales when they are close to half what they were last season.

We'd sold over 7k early May last year. Now in June we've sold 5k. OK maybe not half but a massive reduction.

Put it this way, there was no-one else in sight when we got ours yesterday!

dongonzalos

Shmmeee come on son Tim Fisher told us season tickets sales are up from this time last year

"I’m greatly encouraged by the start we have made to season ticket sales for next season and we are already higher than the same period last year. Selling as many season tickets as we can and packing out the Ricoh Arena as often as possible next season will be more important than ever as we take on the new challenges presented by a very tough league.

See you must be wrong. SISU would not manipulate the stats or lie.

Last edited:

Ashdown

The club extends the ST deadline to June 30th......................why? They say folk are holding off because of all the uncertainty but will things have changed in 3 weeks?
The cynic in me tells me that they are still trying to tempt those on the edge of buying/renewing in conjunction with all the Euro football hype at the moment but what I ask myself are they doing in return? as far as I can see, they are open to offers for all players, rapidly reducing the wage bill and other costs, ensuring with an embargo that no others can come in. All this and rumours would suggest the £ million plus they raised from ST sales has already been borrowed against and spent 2011-2012. I just don't trust these sneaky bastards, I can still see them pulling the plug if they don't get their own way on the Arena negotiations.

wingy

This is'nt new news ,it was stated prior to ST sales beginning that there would be a intermediate peiod where you could purchase for around 50.p. a match more than early bird ,before going to full price which is around a quid more per match.i wonder what the corperate /box packages are going for this year,it may be cost effective to get a group of 10-12 together and see,a mate of a mate had a very good deal the season before last when throw you in food, parking,programmes etc

ccfcrob

Now, this is something I've never understood. I've never bought a season ticket on condition that we sign a certain amount of players during the summer. Ever since the official message board was around - remember that anyone - ten years and more ago people have said they have been "ripped off" or "lied to" because they've bought a season ticket after being "told" or "promised" by whatever board was in charge that so-and-so would be signed, etc etc. Maybe, I'm in the minority, but my support has never had conditions attached. I've always got a season ticket and I always will.

Maybe, I'm just a little weird.

Exactly ill be there come rain or shine no matter what league we were in or even if i was the only person there

Sky Blue Kid

The club extends the ST deadline to June 30th......................why? They say folk are holding off because of all the uncertainty but will things have changed in 3 weeks?
The cynic in me tells me that they are still trying to tempt those on the edge of buying/renewing in conjunction with all the Euro football hype at the moment but what I ask myself are they doing in return? as far as I can see, they are open to offers for all players, rapidly reducing the wage bill and other costs, ensuring with an embargo that no others can come in. All this and rumours would suggest the £ million plus they raised from ST sales has already been borrowed against and spent 2011-2012. I just don't trust these sneaky bastards, I can still see them pulling the plug if they don't get their own way on the Arena negotiations.

I can see them pulling the plug anyway!!! then what will all of you that have bought your tickets do?.....unless you've paid by credit card of course.:eek:
I'm not telling anybody not to buy ST's, just wait till late as possible to do it.
As they say....forewarned is forearmed

Last edited:

torchomatic

I'll translate: "I'm not telling anyone not to buy STs, I'm just saying they are stupid if they do"

What will leaving it as late as possible achieve? What will paying on the day achieve?

Forewarned is formarmed about what? The idea of admin/liquidation that you love to circulate and mention in every post?

I can see them pulling the plug anyway!!! then what will all of you that have bought your tickets do?.....unless you've paid by credit card of course.:eek:
I'm not telling anybody not to buy ST's, just wait till late as possible to do it.
As they say....forewarned is forearmed

Grendel

The club clearly would prefer season tickets to pay on the day customers as the higher percentage who buy them makes revenue and budgeting much easier.
Most people buy tickets because they wish to support the team they support. Although a huge percentage on here adopt the refusal stance until sisu have gone in the real world out of here most will want them gone but see it is as a separate issue. I want new owners with a new vision but I will not let that in the interim stop me doing something I choose to do.

dongonzalos

Torch do you think we are in a transfer embargo because

a) The owners do not have the money to give us a budget, so we cant submit the books we are skint
b) They have a budget but they have not yet submitted the books
c) They have 2 budgets one if they agree a deal for the stadium and one if they dont.
d) another reason I have not considered

Grendel

A without any doubt.

Grendel

So how have they got money to buy out the higgs?

Investmentors want the ground not the club and that will be consistent across Finland and china.

dongonzalos

So duffy are saying. Different investors putting money into SISU who will also be forced by the council to invest in the team

or

Are you saying same investors who have the money but just wont use it on the team at the moment?

Grendel

So duffy are saying. Different investors putting money into SISU who will also be forced by the council to invest in the team

or

Are you saying same investors who have the money but just wont use it on the team at the moment?

I'm saying anyone interested in buying the club wants ground ownership as that represents the primary asset. Investment in the playing side will be an after thought.

dongonzalos

I'm saying anyone interested in buying the club wants ground ownership as that represents the primary asset. Investment in the playing side will be an after thought.

I agree, but SISU have placed a bid. Where do you think the money is from current investors who are refusing to give a budget for the team at the moment. Or new investors?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just Shitsu and the board manipulating the facts to make things look better

Delighted ticketing manager Dan Walker said: “That actually puts us slightly ahead of the same point last year, which we are obviously pleased about.
he was referring to the time until the end of the early bird offer I think.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...irm-4-000-season-ticket-sales-92746-31084134/

This was 31st May

I think the early bird for last season season ended much earlier like early May time, so what he meant is as of 31st May 2012 we have sold more tickets than we did up to early May 2011

Either that or they were just blatantly lying.

Users who are viewing this thread