Google+ (1 Viewer)

So it's google+ release day today. I know some of you oldies (Houch) are not into social networking, but for those of you that are, will you be signing up?
Do you think it'll be as popular as facebook or even wash facebook to the side, as Facebook did with the once popular Myspace?

I've had a look and it's difficult to realise the potential of it when there are no other people on there, but it could be good. The downside for me is I already have my friends on Facebook so why would I want to start all over on google+?

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I've been on google+ for awhile but not really used it at all yet. I think it has the potential as I use nearly all the google software products out there and guess it's going to link into them quite well.

Bertola

I got an invite when it first started, but thought it was rubbish so deleted my acct. Will stick to FB and twitter

Nick

Administrator
It still isn't available for businesses who pay to use Google Apps, missing out on a large chunk of the market I think.

egastap

So it's google+ release day today. I know some of you oldies (Houch) are not into social networking, but for those of you that are, will you be signing up?
Do you think it'll be as popular as facebook or even wash facebook to the side, as Facebook did with the once popular Myspace?

I've had a look and it's difficult to realise the potential of it when there are no other people on there, but it could be good. The downside for me is I already have my friends on Facebook so why would I want to start all over on google+?

Yes Rich......yawn:laugh:

cornoccfc

Should FB 'do a MySpace', Google+ will undoubtedly take over.

FB is doing its fair share of things to annoy its users (almost monthly interface changes) though I think FB has a stronger grasp of things than MySpace did, which was a horrific social network of irritating songs and flashing backgrounds.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
The new stuff on facebook today is really irritating! It's just asking people to leave for google+

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

Oooo! Rich! That hurt! :laugh:
I may be an old fart, but I'm no techno-phobe! I love all things to do with computers, stripping them down, building them, I used to write programs of my own, I taught I.T. etc, etc,. I use Facebook regularly, but I have stated on here before that I won't use twatter. I just can't see the point of it. However, I have also looked at Giggle+ and am similarly disappointed with it. But if Faecesbook keeps changing things without letting users know, then I may be tempted to have a closer look at Giggle+
Hmmmpppfff!! Bloomin' youngsters today! I dunno... :D

gouldberg

Facebook seems to be making itself more complicated and less fun to use as the days go by. First impressions of Google+ are promising. Nice and easy to navigate, simple to arrange all your friends, already a couple of fun games on there and the ability to follow the likes of Photographers and Artists is quite appealing to me.

All in all I certainly can see Google+ challenging Facebook in the future, especially with the Book making the Myspace mistake of starting to transition towards music based additions.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Just spent 20 -30 minutes playing with Giggle+. Not sure that I like it. Needs a hell of a lot of work. Tried uploading a pic from my HD webcam. It couldn't bloody find it! Shite! I'll try again in a month or two.

Users who are viewing this thread