Google plus (1 Viewer)

Covstu

I noticed this has been released, whats the crack with it? I heard it was a FB rival??

I'mARealWizard

It's still new.

I'm not won over.

Maybe when others crack on to it and use it more it might be better.

I'm starting to resent how you are coerced by numerous external influences to have a fb/google+/twatter etc...

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
havent tried it yet dunno if irish generation will change from fb takes alot to get people to change from something they are settled with but i might check it out.

gouldberg

Still not been invited to use it yet. Getting a little annoying now, the beta testing has been going on forever. Want to try it out but can't sign up.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Much the same as Inyerfacebook and Twatter!

Houch with you living down there FB would be a great way to stay in touch with family/friends that are still up here. I even found my biological Mum (I'm adopted) on there about 3 years ago.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Houch with you living down there FB would be a great way to stay in touch with family/friends that are still up here. I even found my biological Mum (I'm adopted) on there about 3 years ago.

Rich, I actually use FB. I go on pretty much every day. It's just Twatter I don't like the sound of. Also, I am REALLY selective of who my "friends" are on FB. I don't just add any old bugger I don't know, even though I've had loads of requests from friends of friends of friends etc.... If I don't know you, I don't add you! (I have 71 on my friends list and am quite happy with those :) )
I've seen people on there who have 1,000+ friends?? What?? No way! They are usually complete strangers who they add just to build up their status listing of so-called friends. God! All those people that can see what you're up to! *shudder*!!

shmmeee

No, that's the +1 button, part of Google+ but not the whole thing.

It's quite a clever take as it replaces the functionality of blogs, Twitter and FB in one site. I'm waiting on my invite, but I like it a lot. Fastest growing social networking site ever, but as always it'll rely on people like your mum using it when it goes live. I think FB has too much momentum now, but I'll probably use G+ as a blog and Twitter replacement.

Gray

No, that's the +1 button, part of Google+ but not the whole thing.

It's quite a clever take as it replaces the functionality of blogs, Twitter and FB in one site. I'm waiting on my invite, but I like it a lot. Fastest growing social networking site ever, but as always it'll rely on people like your mum using it when it goes live. I think FB has too much momentum now, but I'll probably use G+ as a blog and Twitter replacement.

cool, just had a look at it. looks promising. Though it all depends how many of your mates join up to it i suppose as to how good it makes it

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Looks like it could be good! Definately better than facebook feature wise but I doubt anything could rival it. Its too embedded into peoples minds socially now.
I think I can give invites out if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread