Good Season this Season? (1 Viewer)

marcus87

I mean we have decent squad if we keep Keogh and loan a couple players we should easily reach the play offs , i think Mcdonald will come good this season and baker and sheffers will do well in this leauge , This could be the best season since we were relegated from the premiership.

kg82

To be honest, it needs to be. For the sanity of our fans we need to finish top 6.

CCFC_Charlie

What have you done? HOW DARE YOU POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ON THESE FORUMS! Don't you know we're going to get relegated, liquidated and then start again as a Sunday League team

marcus87

I think a cup run would be nice aswell Johnsons paint trophy should be a target and promotion 1st time is a must

dojer

It depends on the context. I don't really know how strong our squad is compared to the rest of League 1. The pessimist in me thinks that mid-table would be a good finish, the optimist thinks that we could challenge for top 2. I also think people's expectations will depend on the strength of the squad be the first game/end of transfer window as well as how the first few games go. If we start well and don't make the play-offs then the season's a failure but if we struggle at the start and come good in the final few months and just miss out on the play-offs then it's a good season. There's too much up in the air at the moment, even after the new signings, for me to have properly formed expectations instead of wild hopes.

smileycov

Facebook User
Yes.....loving the vibe!!

I too think we will do okay, the league is full of poor teams. I refuse to believe we are that bad, however do need to see the squad/team come kick off in August. But overall i think we have decent players at this level.

wingy

Baker will get 12+ goals. you heard it here first

Call me Deluded but assuming he's given the chance i think he can deliver,We've seen glimpses Forrest away apart ,but for the injury V blues he was showing it and over those Christmas games as well,up to Derby, then Dropped .:)

Grendel

One word...

Bury

I assume you mean the cup last season? Could also add Sutton, Northampton, Rochdale etc. to that one but over 46 games superiority will show.

dongonzalos

I assume you mean the cup last season? Could also add Sutton, Northampton, Rochdale etc. to that one but over 46 games superiority will show.

Or injuries and a lack if depth. Come on city sign at least 4 more and give us a crack at the playoffs

Nonleagueherewecome

Call me Deluded but assuming he's given the chance i think he can deliver,We've seen glimpses Forrest away apart ,but for the injury V blues he was showing it and over those Christmas games as well,up to Derby, then Dropped .:)

He was injured, not dropped.

Last game of the season was pretty much Carl Baker versus Southampton, just as every week he was pretty much carrying the Stockport team. I'm hoping he'll thrive more as a senior player, and he's certainly more than proven in this division. That said, if he does start the season well, he'll probably be snapped up by a lower-Championship club for a crafty undisclosed 200k that SISU "Just couldn't turn down".

D

Deleted member 4232

Compared to Rangers, we are going to have a screamer.

Honestly very excited, and I do think we have a chance of promotion.

Hateley's Heed

Still believe we lack a bit of pace out wide to really threaten at the top. For all the nice on the eye 'tippy tappy' football played at times last season our opponents knew we couldn't hurt them with pace to get in behind. McSheff, Baker and Bell rarely break past the full back and give the centre half a decision to leave his man (leaving space for the strikers for a ball inside) and cover the wide area.

Whether AT will use the loan market to address this i'm unsure but the likes of Jamal Campbell Rice (moved to Notts Co) and David Cotterill (moved to Doncaster) on free's could possibly have provided that outlet.

aodea

i am letting myself get a little excited as well. we have a few players who hopefully at this level will score. mcdonald will score consitantly i think. Mcsheffery will surely chip in with a good few this year, Baker, Elliot and fleck will also hopefully chip in. Dont know if we will challenge the automatic places put play offs would be nice. need to get a winning mentailaty back at the club. we are a big club in this division we need our players to act like they are big players in this division as well.

Users who are viewing this thread