Good News Story #3 - Discount On Away Kit Now Too (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

The club will offer a 'trade in' value for the 2014/16 Puma away kit in exchange for the new Nike away shirt...
Coventry City Football Club will offer supporters who purchased last season’s away shirt a discount on the 2015/16 away strip.

The white away kit was earmarked to be worn by City for the 2014/15 and 2015/16 seasons but the club has changed kit supplier to Just Sport Group, which will see the home and away strips manufactured by Nike.

The new designs are set to be revealed this month but chief executive Steve Waggott said the club recognised the issue around last season’s away kit and would offer money off to anyone wanting to ‘trade it in’ for the new away kit.

He said: “The full intention was to wear the current away kit for two seasons just as we have the current home kit but, because of the change of supplier, it means that’s simply not possible.

“We are very excited by the new partnership that will see our kits manufactured by Nike and we believe supporters will be too.

“But it’s only right that we recognise that supporters buying the white kit thought it was going to last for two seasons rather than one. We are working through all the detail around prices for the new kit at the moment and that will help to shape the discount we offer. I’d advise fans to keep their receipt or have some form of proof of purchase for when we announce the offer.”

He added: “I am confident that the new deal with Just Sport Group will see an even better service on offer to our fans through our retail department.”

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...oventry-city-2483808.aspx#vGKi2GJ3YffHVgfp.99

Astute

So how many people have kept the receipt from buying the top?

chiefdave

Depending how strict they are going to be I would guess most people pay using a card of some sort and would be able to show their statement, even if they don't have the ones posted out they'll be able to download them. Also anyone who ordered online will have it in their account history.

torchomatic

Good point. I'll just get me lad to wear it when we get the new one. What more proof do they need!?

ccfcway

a very clever move by the club this !

when some guy walks in with 16 shirts and cant provide a reciept, they will have caught the thief !!

Nick

Administrator
I should have bought that one last season they had with the misprint on the bargain shelf for my daughter, she could have been James for a few months and then got a cheaper new one :)

Astute

Good point. I'll just get me lad to wear it when we get the new one. What more proof do they need!?

So you want them to take the shirt off his back? It is a trade in they are offering.

ajsccfc

I won't have the receipt and it's not listed against my season ticket as they used to be, but that bank statement thing's a canny idea. Of course the new one could be horrible in which case I'll stick with my wet t-shirt competition effort anyway.

Astute

I should have bought that one last season they had with the misprint on the bargain shelf for my daughter, she could have been James for a few months and then got a cheaper new one :)

Would have been easier to change her name to James.

torchomatic

I thought that when I wanted to get a personalized number plate. My surname is now KU06KHN . It was a lot cheaper.

Would have been easier to change her name to James.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I thought that when I wanted to get a personalized number plate. My surname is now KU06KHN . It was a lot cheaper.

I've noticed a dramatic rise in "vanity plates" in the last couple years....I just don't get it...its like me paying good money to personalise the Serial Number on my fridge.....

mrbluesky87

I don't want to trade in the away shirt as I'm a saddo and keep all my shirts and box them up in the loft to show grand kids many many many years from now, just a £5 voucher against the new shirt would all that needs to be done.

Astute

I've noticed a dramatic rise in "vanity plates" in the last couple years....I just don't get it...its like me paying good money to personalise the Serial Number on my fridge.....

I got mine because it says COV on it. What bloody vanity you accusing me of? :thinking about:

Makes me laugh though when someone asks what it stands for :)

torchomatic

tevs13

I don't want to trade in the away shirt as I'm a saddo and keep all my shirts and box them up in the loft to show grand kids many many many years from now, just a £5 voucher against the new shirt would all that needs to be done.

Same. My shirt was a present too so I don't have a receipt or proof of purchase, so I hope this isn't going to be a problem.

The same thing happened when we moved from Kit@ to Puma and the club shop cut the label on the black Kit@ away shirt to stop you redeeming the discount more than once on the red Puma away shirt.

shmmeee

With the increasing popularity of Audis and BMW it's a handy, at a glance guide to where the cunts are on the road. Much like Burberry caps once did for pedestrians.

Noggin

So you want them to take the shirt off his back? It is a trade in they are offering.

I'd be surprised if that were true, I feel like it's just a poorly written article, the traded in shirts would be worthless to the club and they get less good will from doing that. Quite significantly less, in fact some people might actually be annoyed to swap a shirt they love for one they potentially like less especially if they then (and this is probably the case) have to add cash.

If they really were trade in I think they would be canny enough to be more clear about it and to announce that the shirts you hand in are going to charity right from the official announcement.

You could argue that because you didn't get what you paid for your entitled by law to a full refund and they are much more likely to have bolshy people demanding they know their rights with a trade in, with a simply discount I suspect it's just outright good news to everyone and they wouldn't get any of that.

Noggin

I tweeted them and asked, the response suggested they don't actually know (or arn't sharing at this point)

J

Jack Griffin

These are Clarkson's new plates.
o-TOP-GEAR-570.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread