Good luck on the takeover. (1 Viewer)

CARDIFF CITY FC

Wishing you good luck on the take over and hope you loyal fans get what you deserve.

We are in a terrible situation ourselves and on tuesday there is a board meeting being held which will make or break our club. Worrying times to be a CCFC fan.

ATB.:wave:

CARDIFF CITY FC

Thanks fella / lady, whichever you may be.

not good seeing clubs in financial difficulty (unless it's Birmingham that is :) ).

Hope both CCFC's get their finances sorted prompto
it's fella.;)

Yes i'm hoping we can both pull through successfully and one day we can both get what we deserve.:p

Brighton Sky Blue

You've been spending money you haven't got for years now-countless play off finishes earnt by reckless overspending sanctioned by Ridsdale and then the Malaysians. Don't wish your club to suffer but I don't wish it success either.

kg82

Not the fans fault though BSB. Clubs can do what they like, it's the masses that suffer.

Brighton Sky Blue

The fans are happy to enjoy the bubble while it lasts though KG-it's all fair and well building your dreams on sand but you can't suddenly cry wolf when people want their money back. Leicester are in a worse situation and for the arrogance being spouted by their fans at the moment I've absolutely no wish to see them succeed either. Where do people think the money comes from?

Sutty

The fans are happy to enjoy the bubble while it lasts though KG-it's all fair and well building your dreams on sand but you can't suddenly cry wolf when people want their money back. Leicester are in a worse situation and for the arrogance being spouted by their fans at the moment I've absolutely no wish to see them succeed either. Where do people think the money comes from?

Have people not been demanding SISU spend money we can't afford?

CARDIFF CITY FC

cheers pal least ye are going in the right direction unlike us ;)
I wouldn't say we are in the right direction if i'm honest, we are all over the shop.

We could not survive without further investment so our owners have proposed to;

Invest a further £100 million which would be turned into equity for team strenghtening and couldn't become debt,
Increasing the stadium capacity from 27,000 to 35,000 by 2013/14.
Build state-of-the-art training facilities and club officials have visited Man City, Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc to seek inspiration,
Pay off all existing debts and loan notes.

But all that will cost us changing the club's traditional colours from blue to red (to increase sales in Asia because red is lucky out there and the owner VT believes blue will not get us promoted), a complete change of club crest and nickname from 'the Bluebirds' to 'the Dragons' which is obviously our nation's icon but we will still keep the name 'Cardiff City FC'.

Then a lot of our fans were crying, complaining, burning Malaysian flags, throwing racial abuse towards the owners etc.. because they are changing a 104 year tradition. That has sparked a lot and has forced him to make a U-turn and has confirmed nothing will change next season. So now, the Malaysians are not on our side because of abuse that a certain minority has hurled at them and they have said the club cannot survive without this whole revamp.

On tuesday there is a huge board meeting with the owners and then decisions and compromises will be made.

So what would you rather, A whole revamp similar to that heading in the right direction at the cost of losing the club's identity or heading down potentially into liquidation or administration but keeping all club traditions?

For me it is the future of the club that is important and to head in the right direction you have to make sacrifices. We would still be Cardiff City FC with the revamp and in my heart we would still be the Bluebirds.

CARDIFF CITY FC

You've been spending money you haven't got for years now-countless play off finishes earnt by reckless overspending sanctioned by Ridsdale and then the Malaysians. Don't wish your club to suffer but I don't wish it success either.
But without the Malaysian's we may not be a club today, nobody knows. They have been brilliant. And this after this seasons revamp I never expected play offs, we over achieved with a squad on paper wouldn't have been capable off play=offs.

Brighton Sky Blue

Without the Malaysians you'd have folded under the unpaid tax bills and whopping loans you hadn't paid-that's for sure. Reading your club's latest accounts shows a £12 million loss last year-a loss which I assume will be much greater this year in keeping with your increased expenditure. I don't want clubs to go out of business, of course I don't, but at the same time, I don't want them gambling their future with massive loans in an attempt to buy immediate success; which is what the Malaysians have tried to do (as well as the Thais at Leicester). Those loans and subsequent debts provide just as big a risk to the club as the ones which were paid off a few years ago.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
use the fuckers haha get the revamp let them get you promoted then when ye are up an stay up turn on them demanding yer orignal club colours back lol.

its a tough one ill give ye that but its a decision we dont have al we can do is pray to good sisu sell up and we get a transfer kitty for next season plus a good manager, its like a soap with ccfc at the moment we dont know what way this going to pan out by end of the summer!

CARDIFF CITY FC

Without the Malaysians you'd have folded under the unpaid tax bills and whopping loans you hadn't paid-that's for sure. Reading your club's latest accounts shows a £12 million loss last year-a loss which I assume will be much greater this year in keeping with your increased expenditure. I don't want clubs to go out of business, of course I don't, but at the same time, I don't want them gambling their future with massive loans in an attempt to buy immediate success; which is what the Malaysians have tried to do (as well as the Thais at Leicester). Those loans and subsequent debts provide just as big a risk to the club as the ones which were paid off a few years ago.

But there is one loan note to be paid off (which is very close to being done) to old Sam Hammam which is £26m, and this £100m investment that has been proposed will be turned in to equity which cannot lead to debt.

CARDIFF CITY FC

use the fuckers haha get the revamp let them get you promoted then when ye are up an stay up turn on them demanding yer orignal club colours back lol.

its a tough one ill give ye that but its a decision we dont have al we can do is pray to good sisu sell up and we get a transfer kitty for next season plus a good manager, its like a soap with ccfc at the moment we dont know what way this going to pan out by end of the summer!

Yes that would be great haha!

Yeah it's very tough, and I hope to God SISU will sell up for you, you all deserve something!

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm just reading what's in the official accounts pal; losses up £12 million in a single year-it's not sustainable. Our club has suffered through trying to run itself to a budget-yours benefits from massive overspending; it just doesn't seem right. Clubs should not be punished for trying to run themselves properly!

CARDIFF CITY FC

I'm just reading what's in the official accounts pal; losses up £12 million in a single year-it's not sustainable. Our club has suffered through trying to run itself to a budget-yours benefits from massive overspending; it just doesn't seem right. Clubs should not be punished for trying to run themselves properly!

Yeah we were losing £1m a month. And with this Financial Fair Play coming in is it next season or season after? But with that coming in you may see quite a few clubs shutting up shop.

Brighton Sky Blue

FFP's been shelved till 2013/4 because West Ham threatened a judicial challenge were it implemented next year (wonder why?). Just gives clubs another year to gamble their futures on a punt to the PL-football just isn't sustainable the way things are, and the likes of CCFC and Pompey are far from the only ones near the brink I'm sure.

CARDIFF CITY FC

FFP's been shelved till 2013/4 because West Ham threatened a judicial challenge were it implemented next year (wonder why?). Just gives clubs another year to gamble their futures on a punt to the PL-football just isn't sustainable the way things are, and the likes of CCFC and Pompey are far from the only ones near the brink I'm sure.

Yeah agreed. But so sad to see football a business nowadays rather than what it was like years ago. All these sponsorships and TV rights have ruined the majority of it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep, it's turned into such a money dominated sport that's geared towards commercial success for the PL to profit from its brand. Aside from United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelski, Man City (title successfully bought), and perhaps Spurs, the other teams just make up the numbers as far as Scudamore's concerned; and if that's the level we're aspiring to, I don't see what's so great about it. Then again, do I want years and years in the second and third tier either? At the end of the day, we all probably just want a well run club.

kg82

Well yeah, that's what football fans do. Most football fans aren't interested in the financial side of things, just the football. It's ignorance, but surely that's forgivable when the reason you get into football is because you enjoy watching and/or playng the game? Not because you want to scrutinize the books of a football club.

DD_Daphne

I agree with Brighton Sky Blue, the Premier League is so uncompetitive. The likes of Stoke, Bolton and Fulham to name a few have achieved in the last few years the limit of what they can realistically achieve. They will never win the league or qualify for the Champions League but they keep spending and getting into debt chasing the dream. The dream of what? Ultimately with time, like CCFC, they will be relegated and face financial meltdown that life outside the Premier League brings after years of overspending.

For me a sustainable club in the Championship, well league 1 for now is just fine!

Brighton Sky Blue

My point was that you've got to take the rough with the smooth in football-spend more than you can afford and eventually it'll catch up with you. Fans knowing more about their club's finances probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

derbyskyblue

I agree with Brighton Sky Blue, the Premier League is so uncompetitive. The likes of Stoke, Bolton and Fulham to name a few have achieved in the last few years the limit of what they can realistically achieve. They will never win the league or qualify for the Champions League but they keep spending and getting into debt chasing the dream. The dream of what? Ultimately with time, like CCFC, they will be relegated and face financial meltdown that life outside the Premier League brings after years of overspending.

For me a sustainable club in the Championship, well league 1 for now is just fine!
Come on now daphne, if we had just got promoted to the prem, you would be dancing in the street like all of us. And dont even try to deny it !;)

Brighton Sky Blue

Of course we would! But without a deluded trillionaire, we'd never reach the pinnacle of the game which is what every club in theory is aiming for. Is there much fun in making up the numbers at Old Trafford? Better than making up the numbers at Crawley I admit...

derbyskyblue

Of course we would! But without a deluded trillionaire, we'd never reach the pinnacle of the game which is what every club in theory is aiming for. Is there much fun in making up the numbers at Old Trafford? Better than making up the numbers at Crawley I admit...
I accept we would just make up the numbers, but have you forgotten we are ccfc? A similar club to stoke, norwich etc. We are, and i truly beleive this coventry city fc, a club with a stadium to big for division three football.
We are where we are because thats where we belong for now ,but for me its just a blip in our history. Our time will come again, and maybe thats only to make up the numbers with the occasional half decent season, but it will come again. Have faith.
All this talk of finding our level in lge one is bullshit. We are coventry, be proud of who who we are, despite all the crap of this season.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't disagree with you at all there-my point though is that without hundreds of millions behind you, mid-table PL is the limit of most clubs' expectations, which is an unhealthy state for the game to be in. Clubs aren't too big to go down, but they're usually too big to stay down-which is why I'm confident that we'll be back up from L1 in the next few seasons, if not next.

derbyskyblue

I don't disagree with you at all there-my point though is that without hundreds of millions behind you, mid-table PL is the limit of most clubs' expectations, which is an unhealthy state for the game to be in. Clubs aren't too big to go down, but they're usually too big to stay down-which is why I'm confident that we'll be back up from L1 in the next few seasons, if not next.
It doesnt take hundreds of millions to get back to where we once was. I doubt Norwich have spent anything like that or stoke for that matter. For me we are bigger than both of them. I think relegation is starting to hit me, albeit a bit late....and i'm fookin angry now!

kg82

My point was that you've got to take the rough with the smooth in football-spend more than you can afford and eventually it'll catch up with you. Fans knowing more about their club's finances probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

But my point in the first place was it's not the fans fault, nothing to do with taking it as it comes. We've had to do that, most football fans do! It doesn't stop us complaining about the running of our football club!

Personally, I have no interest in knowing more about our finances - I know we're in the crapper, but the football side of it is depressing enough for me currently!

Brighton Sky Blue

Never blamed the fans kg :) My criticism's levelled mainly at the clubs for running themselves so recklessly.

Users who are viewing this thread