Good headline from Guardian paper (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

@david_conn: Court judgment on Coventry City damning of owners Sisu; their refusal to pay rent from April 2012 continually described as a "rent-strike."

A great thing about David Conn is his maintained interest in the Coventry City debacle, despite the shit-storm that descended from Sisu after his article last November. Few journalists south of Ryton or north of Nuneaton have kept this saga in national profile in the way that DC has. Top bloke.

vincy

I could crush a SISU grape

Lads having a bit of a meltdown here. F*** me, having a mare. So angry at these c****. (That's SISU to clarify :whistle:)

Is there a link to the article as couldn't see it on the website.

Going to send out to as many people as I can.

HELP!!!

:pimp:

lewys33

Careful gents - friends of Les seem to have lost their sense of humour this week. A small jest I re-quoted yesterday was 'bordering on libel' apparently.

Just been reading that very comment. What a load of shit. Do they not realise they don't get retweets on the forum??

Lads having a bit of a meltdown here. F*** me, having a mare. So angry at these c****. (That's SISU to clarify :whistle:)

Is there a link to the article as couldn't see it on the website.

Going to send out to as many people as I can.

HELP!!!

:pimp:

I think AFC is actually referring to a series of Tweets rather than a Guardian headline. @David_Conn is well worth following if you're on Twitter. He re-tweeted the CT reports yesterday and has commented further. DC has about 77.7k followers, just a few more than me! (77.5K more in fact).

Just been reading that very comment. What a load of shit. Do they not realise they don't get retweets on the forum??

I'm told that GMK (which I don't read on principle) is having a collective hissy-fit over the whole JR miscarriage of justice.

lewys33

I'm told that GMK (which I don't read on principle) is having a collective hissy-fit over the whole JR miscarriage of justice.

Oh dear. Bet they had a little sex wee over the "judge got it wrong" comment then.

Please tell me someone has started spouting about the judge's opinion. I love those ones!

edgy

Provide a link to this hissy fit. All I can see is a thread where posters are predicting the worst.

Oh dear. Bet they had a little sex wee over the "judge got it wrong" comment then.

Please tell me someone has started spouting about the judge's opinion. I love those ones!

Well certainly Timmy seems to be next in line for the job of Lord Chief Justice given his profound legal knowledge. If only Mr Justice Hickinbottom had consulted Tim during the trial, could have saved himself a whole load of bother. Except it seemed that not even Joy was talking with Tim over the 3 days and he had to content himself with Keiran Crowley for company.

hotrod

@david_conn: Court judgment on Coventry City damning of owners Sisu; their refusal to pay rent from April 2012 continually described as a "rent-strike."
So why do not ACL sue Sisu for unpaid rent?

Regards.

chiefdave

So why do not ACL sue Sisu for unpaid rent?

They went to court twice regarding unpaid rent and ACL won both time, from memory SISU didn't even attempt a defence. The issue then was if ACL chose to enforce the judgement it would have impacted on the club through either administration or liquidation as it was technically the club that owed the money. Think they even got given the option to freeze the clubs bank accounts at one point.

hotrod

Would this not be the way to go? it would get rid of Sisu as surely the FA would see them as unfit owners and then the FA could sell the Golden Share to new owners who could also come to an agreement about the rent.

Regards.

A further series of Tweets from @david_conn is up on Twitter today. David is worth a follow if you don't already and spread the word to other Sky Blue Twitter users. I also recommend Daniel Taylor of the Guardian.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Careful gents - friends of Les seem to have lost their sense of humour this week. A small jest I re-quoted yesterday was 'bordering on libel' apparently.

You didn't assert he wasn't an award-winning journalist did you? How very rude.

For the purposes of clarity; he is an award-winning journalist. I know as it declared as such on his Twitter account.

And again, so no ambiguity reigns: he is an award-winning journalist. That's better

You didn't assert he wasn't an award-winning journalist did you? How very rude.

For the purposes of clarity; he is an award-winning journalist. I know as it declared as such on his Twitter account.

And again, so no ambiguity reigns: he is an award-winning journalist. That's better

Thank you for pointing out my criminal behaviour. Clearly I am fortunate that it was only a libel-action threatened. :whistle:
For the avoidance of doubt, I am sure the award was well deserved.

torchomatic

olderskyblue

Has "award winning Les Reid" tweeted anything about the court judgement?

Users who are viewing this thread