Good for English Football, bad for England. (1 Viewer)

pastythegreat

So, it's a great advert for English football. 4 English teams in European cup finals. Absolutely fantastic. But wait. Not 4/5 days after these finals are played, England are playing the Dutch in the League of Nations semi final.
So I started thinking about how many ppl would we be missing.
I put together a list of people who we'd be missing.
*Disclaimer* I understand certain names wouldn't generally make the squad/team (ie lallana/Sturridge etc) but with so many 1st teamers out, would maybe of been given a shout.
The list looks like this:
Harry Kane
Deli Alli
Eric Dier
Harry Winks
Danny Rose
Keiren Trippier
TAA
Jordan Henderson
Daniel Sturridge *
Joe Gomez *
Adam Lallana *
James Milner (although I seem to think he's retired)
Danny Welbeck
Maitland-Niles *
Hudson-Odoi
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Ross Barkley
Gary Cahill

That leaves us very thin on the ground. Maybe a chance for Madders and Wilson to show what they can do?!
Still, I'm not sure I'll be putting on any money for England to win anyways.

ajsccfc

If there's a 4/5 day gap surely they'd still play for England also, that's a fairly normal gap between games during the season when you play in Europe as it is.

MatthewWallis

If there's a 4/5 day gap surely they'd still play for England also, that's a fairly normal gap between games during the season when you play in Europe as it is.

Yep and also keeps them match fit as they don’t have to go as long without a game. Players like Kane could do with a game before it also

CJ_covblaze

Injuries aside I’m almost 100% certain that both finals will not effect our squad selections. If anything it could be perfect timing and Kane could get some minutes before our games too. You’ve also missed one other player (probably the most key one) from our semi that will be playing in one of the finals.

covcity4life

if not injured they will play for england

enjoy it, we are on top of world currently and hopefully can win nations league to add to it

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Jeez!! These are fit footballers ferchrissakes! Couple of hours training a day then a match at the week-end! Really heavy work, that! I used to play five-a-side on a Friday night and a full game on a Sunday! And I was 42 when I hung up me boots! And that was all after a 38 hour week at work!
Really hate it when these poor loves have to "rest" or are simply worn out after just one game and can't play for another week!

bringbackrattles

Injuries aside I’m almost 100% certain that both finals will not effect our squad selections. If anything it could be perfect timing and Kane could get some minutes before our games too. You’ve also missed one other player (probably the most key one) from our semi that will be playing in one of the finals.
Was that you on five live this morning ?
Nicky Campbell show. If so who out of the 4 clubs were you implying shouldn't be there? When pressed you never said !
Liverpool ?

rob9872

I'm more concerned about the Super-cup. Winners of these two games play a one-off … in Istanbul!
It could be Arsenal v Spurs!

Recipe for disaster. Surely now is the time to say, look guys you can have it next year, but we're switching this one to Wembley.

skybluesam66

we used to look at the spanish and say they had CL experience

Add in maybe Man C players to that list and you then have a quality team with experience

GK ?
TAA
Rose
Gomez
Stones
Ali
Barkley
Loftus cheek
Hudson odoi
Sterling
Kane

rob9872

Don't forget the Dutch have key players playing in these too.

CJ_covblaze

Was that you on five live this morning ?
Nicky Campbell show. If so who out of the 4 clubs were you implying shouldn't be there? When pressed you never said !
Liverpool ?

He didn't like that did he! They rang me asking for my opinion so I gave it to them.

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Users who are viewing this thread