Good Enough For The Play-Offs? (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

With Elvis having worked his magic in the transfer market and Leon now at the Dingles, it looks like this is our lot for the rest of the season: (Praying the Moose and Christie stay tomorrow)

Murphy

Christie Webster Seabourne Adams

Baker Thomas Fleck McGeouch

Moose
The Fonz/Donnelly

Subs
Burge
Willis
Clarke
Barton
Daniels
Slager
Wilson (Assuming Elvis eases him back into the team when he returns)

So what do we all think?

Personally I believe that the standard of the League (as it was last season) is dire, with Brentford being the only team in my opinion that could compete in the league above (In terms of the quality of squad they have and the football they play). With that I think that the Play-offs are still within reach

runner

Not a chance I'm afraid, hte only way that was possible was if Callum was still fit ... Leon gone and Callum out for another 5 weeks, means the top 6 is gone now.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Probably still just out of reach, never know though. Would need all 3 signings to be a success and hit the ground running.

ricohman

I think we could manage it, earlier today id of thought no, but those 2 signings have given me hope.

I quite excited, then get Wilson back with a nice rest and that speed and he will run all the tired legs ragged.

stupot07

40 point from 19 games required which is 2.10 points per game. We currently average 1.63.

Very very unlikely now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

malkitccfc

Don't think we'll make it now but be nice to have a good end to the season for once. Get Wilson fit and ready for the world cup when he gets called up and we'll go again in August hopefully with 0 points on the first day

LJC_CCFC

Pace is pivotal at this level and now with McGeouch and The Fonz (potentially Mark Marshall) we have it in abundance, having rarely had it in previous seasons

@richh87

40 point from 19 games required which is 2.10 points per game. We currently average 1.63.

Very very unlikely now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

2 games in hand on 6th place Walsall, and 12 points behind them. With Clarke and Wilson it was possible. With the new signings needing time to gel I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@richh87

Pace is pivotal at this level and now with McGeouch and The Fonz (potentially Mark Marshall) we have it in abundance, having rarely had it in previous seasons

Yeah. Possibly the quickest City team I'll have ever seen.

Can't wait for Notts County away now - and not just because there's a Hooters round the corner.

Last edited:

Seaside-Skyblue

We will probably get so far and then lose the game that would take us into the top six. I just can't see it. Having said that, its amazing how perceptions change after a couple of wins so we'll see.

@richh87

It's unlikely but unsurprisingly the most negative fans in the world are saying it's impossible. That losing mentality eh?

When you're used to losing that's what happens. Give us a promotion and we'd all turn into optimists!

junglej13

We will be a lot closer to the playoffs by the end of March I think. We have a run of games which doesn't look too daunting. April looks a lot harder.

dancers lance

It's unlikely but unsurprisingly the most negative fans in the world are saying it's impossible. That losing mentality eh?
I think you mean the most poorly treated, lied too, taken for granted, disrespected....yet most loyal, passionate, stubborn, hard wearing, loud, funny, committed and proud fans in the world can be forgiven for having a small bitch.........once in a while?

Astute

I have just put £20 on us getting promoted at 22/1.

And before anyone takes the piss does anyone remember last season when I backed Yeovil at longer odds and some took the piss? :D

stupot07

I have just put £20 on us getting promoted at 22/1.

And before anyone takes the piss does anyone remember last season when I backed Yeovil at longer odds and some took the piss? :D

Good for you astute. Just a quick look at the table, Yeovil were 4 points behind and 1 game in hand at the same stage last season, and had 8 more points than we currently have.

Hopefully you'll get the chance to come on and gloat about your winnings.....

Jonny

I think it may be just out of reach. I'm calling for this Saturday's game to be postponed, then the team gets more chance to gel. Knowing in our luck, we'll come 7th and miss out on goal difference though.

Littlewood CCFC

With Elvis having worked his magic in the transfer market and Leon now at the Dingles, it looks like this is our lot for the rest of the season: (Praying the Moose and Christie stay tomorrow)

Murphy

Christie Webster Seabourne Adams

Baker Thomas Fleck McGeouch

Moose
The Fonz/Donnelly

Subs
Burge
Willis
Clarke
Barton
Daniels
Slager
Wilson (Assuming Elvis eases him back into the team when he returns)

So what do we all think?

Personally I believe that the standard of the League (as it was last season) is dire, with Brentford being the only team in my opinion that could compete in the league above (In terms of the quality of squad they have and the football they play). With that I think that the Play-offs are still within reach

I honestly think Pressley will stick Mcgeough behind Fonz/Donnelly and move moussa back to Left Mid. I do however think that team is more than good enough to reach the playoffs and i really think that it's possible.

Astute

Good for you astute. Just a quick look at the table, Yeovil were 4 points behind and 1 game in hand at the same stage last season, and had 8 more points than we currently have.

Hopefully you'll get the chance to come on and gloat about your winnings.....

I'll be too pissed to gloat :D

RoboCCFC90

If we are to manage it we need to beat Walsall tomorrow, they're sixth and we have two games in hand on them, a win against them would make things interesting.

ccfcmustang

If we are to manage it we need to beat Walsall tomorrow, they're sixth and we have two games in hand on them, a win against them would make things interesting.

Agreed, also I think Elvis is aiming for the play offs. Although we have made no permanent signings the signings we have made are of good quality- players that probably wouldnt sign for CCFC permanently in our current situation. We are a mid table team quite comfortably and i dont think that we would have paid part of these three players salaries if we were happy to sit in mid table for the rest of the season and then sign in the summer.

I honestly think if we can pull a few wins together now we could be right up there

If we dont have hope we have nothing

Heres to beating Wolves in the play off final

PUSB

ccfcmustang

February a massive month for us now, Beat Walsall Bradford and Carlisle at home plus getting results at Bristol City, Tranmere and Notts County, something I think we are more than capable of doing. We could be going into March 3 or 4 points outside.

Lorksalordy

Very, very, big ask now but what it does give us is the ability to look at a top 10 finish. Casting mind back to the start of the season is there any one of us that would not have been delighted with that ? Still hoping for the weather to help out and canning tomorrow's game. We will have a much better chance against them in a re-arranged midweek fixture in a couple of weeks and it is a key game.

Evo1883

i think without the 10 point deduction we would 100% make the playoffs , but sadly i think we will finish around 6 points off and in 8th place

torchomatic

Never say never. We can only give it a go and you can't ask for more than that.

Sky Blue 64

If there is a God - Wolves finish third we get the sixth berth. Play Wolves at Molineaux (return leg after 1-1 at six????). In the 88th minute they get a penalty - Leon takes it,and misses. 89th Minute through ball Wilson latches on to it 0-! - we go through and poor old Leon and Wolves are left to play another season in the division.
Well we can dream....can't we?

Ashdown1

Without the new 'signings' not a chance ! With them, I'm still not sure. Clarke had found form around the box and along with Callum was scoring for fun. Have we 'invested' in goals to replace these guys?

RoboCCFC90

Agreed, also I think Elvis is aiming for the play offs. Although we have made no permanent signings the signings we have made are of good quality- players that probably wouldnt sign for CCFC permanently in our current situation. We are a mid table team quite comfortably and i dont think that we would have paid part of these three players salaries if we were happy to sit in mid table for the rest of the season and then sign in the summer.

I honestly think if we can pull a few wins together now we could be right up there

If we dont have hope we have nothing

Heres to beating Wolves in the play off final

PUSB

Well we are 12 points off Walsall, a win against them and Bristol City leaves us with another game to play and halfing the defecit of before, we still have to play P'Boro, Bradford, Swindon, Port Vale and MK Dons again which are games we must win..

I still think its more than possible that we could make the playoffs. Every year at least one team that is in the top 6 has a shocking run and falls away. That is what we need along with a good run of matches ourselves.

Yesterday I was less positive but the new loans have lifted the gloom a little.

Marty

I think we can. Selling Clarke and bringing in the loan players I think we have got better. If we don't do it this year it wont be for a while. More cost cutting is only going to make us worse.

Ashdown1

Now Clarke has gone, rumour has it, that if you take Murphy and Baker out of the equation most of the rest are on peanuts anyway !

Users who are viewing this thread