Golden share (1 Viewer)

pb2875

Not sure if this has any real baring on anything but the former name of CCFC Holdings was CCFC Ltd. does this have anything to do with who owns the Golden Share?

J

Jack Griffin

Quick shuftie at Companies House
Name & Registered Office:
COVENTRY CITY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED
RICOH ARENA
PHOENIX WAY FOLESHILL
COVENTRY
WEST MIDLANDS
CV6 6GE
Company No. 03056875
Previous Names:
Date of change Previous Name
16/02/1996 C C F C LIMITED
30/05/1995 CLUBON LIMITED
Accounting Reference Date: 31/05
Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/05/2011 (FULL)
Next Accounts Due: 28/02/2013 OVERDUE

COVENTRY CITY FOOTBALL CLUB (HOLDINGS) LIMITED
RICOH ARENA
PHOENIX WAY FOLESHILL
COVENTRY
CV6 6GE
Company No. 00094305
Previous Names:
16/02/1996 COVENTRY CITY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED(THE)
Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/05/2011 (FULL)

Mmmmmm... no changes to their registered offices.

For completeness
SKY BLUE SPORTS & LEISURE LIMITED
4TH FLOOR
1 RED PLACE
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM
W1K 6PL
Company No. 06414248
Previous Names:
23/11/2007 BAULDER SPORTS & LEISURE LIMITED
Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/05/2011 (GROUP)

OTIUM ENTERTAINMENT GROUP LIMITED
4TH FLOOR
1 RED PLACE
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM
W1K 6PL
Company No. 07612487
Previous Names:
No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.
Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due: 21/01/2013 OVERDUE

Last edited by a moderator:
S

skyblue2k

It could have if the company registration number for CCFCH is held by the league and registered against the golden share?

But then who knows its not like anyone is telling us anything

rob9872

Email it to fisher and save 10 points!

theferret

Not sure if this has any real baring on anything but the former name of CCFC Holdings was CCFC Ltd. does this have anything to do with who owns the Golden Share?

Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Limited was incorporated in 1907 as COVENTRY CITY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED(THE) and the name change came in 1996, and it has been the trading arm of the club since it was formed over a century ago as far as I am aware. Not sure why the Golden Share wouldn't be with this company, but hey, what do I know.

Coventry City Football Club Limited was only incorporated in 1995.

In other words, Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Ltd is by far the older company, and is actually the original company.

Maybe, this is where the confusion is, the league saying the share is with COVENTRY CITY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED(THE) which is actually CCFC Holdings, not CCFC Ltd.

Last edited:

pb2875

Lets hope this is what's causing the confusion and there is no points deduction and the club are blaming the FL as well as the FA and everyone else but themselves!

ajsccfc

The more people talk about the Golden Share, the more it sounds like something Indiana Jones should be poncing around an abandoned temple to find.

theferret

Can you imagine after all this the FL & ACL had to come out and say the share is with CCFC Holding after all? What a schoolboy error that would be. It's there for everyone to see. They're not that stupid surely?

J

Jack Griffin

Thank you, I must remember to sue my rhinoplasty practitioner next time I see him.

S

skyblue2k

But the golden share would have existed prior to the formation of the premier league, but what about the FA registration? Surely that is in the original companies name?

theferret

But the golden share would have existed prior to the formation of the premier league, but what about the FA registration? Surely that is in the original companies name?

Hence why I think the club genuinely believe the GS lies with CCFC Holdings. I can't see why they would state that publicly if they didn't have good reason to. I think the confusion over this is genuine and it is not clear-cut, it's certainly fuzzy enough for the administrator to state they need to 'investigate'. Not sure we've heard the last of this.

TheHellion

Would it though? Remember the Premier League was formed of clubs breaking away from the Football League in 1992 forming their own league. In that case, we probably wouldn't have had a share in the Football League because we didn't become members again until 2001. Surely that would have been when our share was issued?

Clear as mud isn't it? Just a horrible situation all round, confusing even those who are supposed to be experts.

S

skyblue2k

Yes but we would have been registered members of the league?

TheHellion

Yes but we would have been registered members of the league?

To be honest, you could see both of those points being right. Our share may well have existed anyway because we'd been in the League. But I just wondered if because we were founder members of the Premier League (which is an entity of it's own and seperate from the Football League) that our share may well have been taken until such a time we rejoined it (in 2001). You could be right, you could be wrong. It's such a complex situation it's just impossible to know for sure.

coundonskyblue

Original company being Singers FC Ltd?

The name of the company issued to is irrelevent. Its the company registration number that it is issued to is the crux of the matter.

CCFC Ltd 1995 (the one in admin) will have a different registration number to CCFC Ltd 1907 (now CCFC Holdings).

They could change the company name to MUFC Ltd for all the league care, but it still belongs to the same company they issued it to.

I don't get why it is unclear who holds this golden share - surely the FL will have a documented record of a company name?

From the outside, it looks like somehow the club has spilt with one half having the stadium lease and the FL share, and the other the player registration. It also looks like this may have happened without the knowledge of the FL which could mean that Coventry has technically been using unregistered players.

Now this is all perhaps a misunderstanding, and I may be wrong, but if there has been a deliberate attempt to outwit the FL to avoid administration points docking, then a serious penalty could follow.

I am not saying this should happen, nor as a fan of your next opposition would I want it to, but what I really don't get is why the facts seem so difficult to establish?

You, the fans of CCFC have my sympathy. The situation only briefly affects DRFC in passing but is with you until resolution. I hope we can play on Friday and at the Ricoh, and let the wider situation be resolved off pitch.

coundonskyblue

I don't get why it is unclear who holds this golden share - surely the FL will have a documented record of a company name?

From the outside, it looks like somehow the club has spilt with one half having the stadium lease and the FL share, and the other the player registration. It also looks like this may have happened without the knowledge of the FL which could mean that Coventry has technically been using unregistered players.

Now this is all perhaps a misunderstanding, and I may be wrong, but if there has been a deliberate attempt to outwit the FL to avoid administration points docking, then a serious penalty could follow.

I am not saying this should happen, nor as a fan of your next opposition would I want it to, but what I really don't get is why the facts seem so difficult to establish?

You, the fans of CCFC have my sympathy. The situation only briefly affects DRFC in passing but is with you until resolution. I hope we can play on Friday and at the Ricoh, and let the wider situation be resolved off pitch.

I said on another post that I think this also shows the league in a bad light.

You would think the league would have all this info on a database where it would take them 5 minutes to check it.

I said on another post that I think this also shows the league in a bad light.

You would think the league would have all this info on a database where it would take them 5 minutes to check it.

I agree, especially if the correct company registration numbers are recorded.

It would be better if the facts were known, even if the details made for unpalatable reading..

theferret

The 'split' wasn't recent. CCFC Holdings has existed since 1907 and would have held the original share. CCFC Ltd was formed in 1995, but CCFC Holdings has continued to be the trading company and it is difficult to understand why the GS is with CCFC Ltd as ACL believe (and the FL have apparently confirmed). It was suggested earlier the confusion may be about the original name of CCFC Holdings which was CCFC Ltd (The). Who knows, but others claim in 2001 the share was reissued to CCFC Ltd. No idea. As Coundon says though, it is the company reg number that is the important factor, and this must surely be documented.

Either way, I don't think there is anything sinister here.

S

skyblue2k

This is what I posted at the start of this thread and is what I believe is causing the holdup.

It could have if the company registration number for CCFCH is held by the league and registered against the golden share?

But then who knows its not like anyone is telling us anything

Users who are viewing this thread