Going behind (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

Following yesterday we've now conceded the first goal in 14 of our 25 Championship games so far this season. At home it's 8 of 12. Our record at coming from behind this season has been good, but surely we an't keep surrendering the lead to opposition game after game, especially at home.

Gynnsthetonic

Really cheesed off about yesterday and too pissed off to comment until now but I said exactly the same at half time yesterday, we always seem to be on the back foot chasing the game, how many times have we gone in at half time 1 or 2-0 up and go on and take a foothold of the game,Peterborough last week is about the only one I can think of.

cowboy1850

Some of our players aren't good enough for the top half of the championship.
The defenders didn't have loads to do in the box yesterday but when the two QPR chances came they took them.
We also don't take advantage of our possession and opportunities in the final third.
Allen should have scored one or two.
A replacement for Hyam or McFadzean and a goalscoring midfielder are needed in the summer if we are to challenge.

SkyblueTexan

The defenders didn't have loads to do in the box yesterday but when the two QPR chances came they took them.
We also don't take advantage of our possession and opportunities in the final third.
A replacement for Hyam or McFadzean and a goalscoring midfielder are needed in the summer if we are to challenge.
If Rose wasn't injured I would have played him instead of Hyam as he tends to be a little suspect at times. I felt Moore could have done better for the first goal and our marking for the second was poor. I agree we need a CB, goal-scoring AM and need to get rid of Hillsner, Da Costa as soon as we can.

wingy

If Rose wasn't injured I would have played him instead of Hyam as he tends to be a little suspect at times. I felt Moore could have done better for the first goal and our marking for the second was poor. I agree we need a CB, goal-scoring AM and need to get rid of Hillsner, Da Costa as soon as we can.
Im not sure ,it was either a bit of wizardry out on our right prior to the second,but we had 3 lads over there to deal with it , just felt like a bit like chasing shadows (the ball)rather than staying in shape/position.🤔

Last edited:

Legia Sky Blue

Watching their goals back we lost our shape and concentration too easily for their second goal. Both McFadzean and Clarke-Salter got sucked in too far across the pitch watching the same player. Ideally Clarke-Salter should have been where Bidwell ended up losing out to Adomah. Moore should have perhaps seen it all unfolding too. Poor communication all round!

Users who are viewing this thread