wingy

Just heard on CWR
the headliners I think being The Fun Loving Criminals
THE WOMBATS
and EMBRACE

Not too shabby I think In these Austere times

Otis

Lovely jubbly!

Fun Lovin Criminals should be cool. I like Embrace's first couple of albums, but don't know much at all about the Wombats.

Johnnythespider

Lovely jubbly!

Fun Lovin Criminals should be cool. I like Embrace's first couple of albums, but don't know much at all about the Wombats.
Are they the same wombats that used to knock about on Wimbledon Common ?
I'll get me coat

Otis

Saw embrace a good few years ago and they were a decent band live, love the good will out album too.

Bloody surprised myself.

Just thought I'd dust off a few CD's, cause I always try and play my 10 year old the stuff of whoever is coming to the festival and I found that I have 6 Fun Lovin Criminals albums and 5 Embrace ones.

:eek:

stupot07

Really looking forward to seeing Fun loving criminals and embrace, I like the wombats too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluetony176

Bloody surprised myself.

Just thought I'd dust off a few CD's, cause I always try and play my 10 year old the stuff of whoever is coming to the festival and I found that I have 6 Fun Lovin Criminals albums and 5 Embrace ones.

:eek:

I had no idea FLC did 6 albums. I bought the first one, well I assume it was the first one. The one with Scooby Snacks on but after that I assumed they'd split.

Otis

I had no idea FLC did 6 albums. I bought the first one, well I assume it was the first one. The one with Scooby Snacks on but after that I assumed they'd split.

Tis the first album and they did split, but then reformed.

And bringbackrattles, I love the FLC. Top band.

Shoot em up punk, it's the Fun Loving Criminals!

wingy

Try and see Slaves on Friday night. They will be huge.
I think you could be right there someone tipped me off about a year back
Unfortunately I've only heard a few snippets up to now but the do sound solid
Who else Is doing the Friday night?

CJ_covblaze

Sorry to rock the boat but I reckon the line up is pretty weak in my opinion. Why no hard rock bands ?

Next year we need a colab from Lemi, Ozzy and Slash to make up for the years of neglect of that genre. Tbf I'm sure if they go down to The Burges they could probably find quite a few lookalikes coming out of Impulse.

Johnnythespider

I think you could be right there someone tipped me off about a year back
Unfortunately I've only heard a few snippets up to now but the do sound solid
Who else Is doing the Friday night?
A version of "King" and the beat.

bringbackrattles

Who could they get In on the budget BBR
Who would fit the bill to appeal to the many or maybe they could dedicate one of the tents for say the Saturday afternoon / Evening
They like to have bands on that appeal to younger music fans and I guess seeing the majority that go are youngish that makes sense. But I'd love a tent on that is dedicated to us hard rock fans. But after all it is a family festival.

LastGarrison

Considering they are on about cutting this back to once every two years and for the fact that it is a FREE festival I would say that, that is a pretty good line up!

I understand what BRB is saying about a bit of diversity but unfortunately you are never going to please everyone!

I'm all for cheap beer Daz but that final year before they put up the fences where it was a free for all was getting a little bit naughty. Plus a little bottle of voddy down the front of your shorts is always a winner!

Sky_Blue_Daz

True enough Lg dont want anyine standing too close though
Hows things mate?

Rock Tent

Sorry to rock the boat but I reckon the line up is pretty weak in my opinion. Why no hard rock bands ?

Slaves will be huge and they're in the rock tent on Friday night, with more bands to be announced. The rock tent becomes the rhythm tent for Saturday though.

Remember it's all free so pretty good line-up me thinks.

Otis

Fun Lovin Criminals started the festival off nicely tonight. A bit slow getting into their set, but then it all seemed to really click into gear.

Heard a bit of Slaves as I walked past the other tent. They seemed to be going down a storm and sounded pretty good.

Back for Embrace on Sunday, as it's my daughter's birthday party tomorrow and therefore can't make it. Pity, as I usually try and make all 3 days whenever I can.

Johnnythespider

I can't believe they kicked FLC off before they did the fun loving criminals, only in Coventry !!

Otis

I can't believe they kicked FLC off before they did the fun loving criminals, only in Coventry !!

Think they had to agree to a strict curfew though, cause local residents were complaining about the 'thump, thump, thump and their windows rattling!'

Best solution is to have bands come on earlier, 8.45 instead of 9.15. then bands can do extra encores if they want.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Think they had to agree to a strict curfew though, cause local residents were complaining about the 'thump, thump, thump and their windows rattling!'

Best solution is to have bands come on earlier, 8.45 instead of 9.15. then bands can do extra encores if they want.

It's once a year, I don't live that far away I can hear it, but get over it!
Parking issues more annoying but that's going to be the case whatever time of day it's on.

Just driven past the park this morning & that rain last night will make it very boggy today didn't realise quite how much rain had fallen last night until I drove under the bridge by coat of arms bridge road is fully submerged on the bend!

Otis

It's once a year, I don't live that far away I can hear it, but get over it!
Parking issues more annoying but that's going to be the case whatever time of day it's on.

Just driven past the park this morning & that rain last night will make it very boggy today didn't realise quite how much rain had fallen last night until I drove under the bridge by coat of arms bridge road is fully submerged on the bend!

I know a few people who live round there and they definitely vehemently complain!! A woman lives in Davenport Road and says her windows nearly come out of their frames.

Davenport Road is right down the other end of the Memorial Park and on the opposite side of the road and set back.

People always complain!!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I know a few people who live round there and they definitely vehemently complain!! A woman lives in Davenport Road and says her windows nearly come out of their frames.

Davenport Road is right down the other end of the Memorial Park and on the opposite side of the road and set back.

People always complain!!

I know I am probably in the minority that it doesn't bother by me, people moaning for moaning sake. I don't go as I'm not a music or 'festival' fan but it's a good thing for the City!

Same sort of people that move by an airport & complain about plane noise or by a sports stadium and moan about floodlights.

Users who are viewing this thread