Godden (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Might have to redo my meme. I think I was far too kind to Twitter.
I genuinley can't believe what I read on twitter , its absolutely mental .

" I rate godden , but I think its time to drop him "

Games 6
Goals 4

Coventry city fans
Twitter 2023

Nobody will ever convince me that he doesn't get unfair stick on social media , its Jacob murphy weird at this point

shmmeee

Games 6
Goals 4

Coventry city fans
Twitter 2023

Nobody will ever convince me that he doesn't get unfair stick on social media , its Jacob murphy weird at this point

Im not goddens biggest fan. But 4 in 6 is undroppable for whoever you are.

Terry Gibson's perm

I’m not a modern day football scientist but given our midfield issues could we play Wright, Simms and Godden together and go more direct. Bypass midfield and this backwards, sideways possession altogether

Not likely to happen as when we had the three up yesterday our dopey goalie decided to tell the ball boy to slow the game down rather send it long at their back line with about two minutes left.

Macca

Can’t remember how many times I’ve said I’d take a goalscorer who put the ball on the net even if he did nothing else. Godden does both at the mo

theferret

Games 6
Goals 4

Coventry city fans
Twitter 2023

There really aren't that many people that think that though. There will.always be weird takes, and they are more likely to appear on a feed as they generate the most reaction.

It really is a tiny number of people posting on twitter regularly anyway.

Deity

Im not goddens biggest fan. But 4 in 6 is undroppable for whoever you are.
I agree with this.

for most of the match he was totally anonymous. It was like playing with 10 men BUT he scores and it’s a very good finish. I wouldn’t drop him.

covcity4life

There really aren't that many people that think that though. There will.always be weird takes, and they are more likely to appear on a feed as they generate the most reaction.

It really is a tiny number of people posting on twitter regularly anyway.
Yup this is true. Sign out of it and don't even see the minority opinions

fatso

I agree with this.

for most of the match he was totally anonymous. It was like playing with 10 men BUT he scores and it’s a very good finish. I wouldn’t drop him.
The weird thing is that people want to drop our top scorer and play 2 new boys who have only 1 goal between them!

fernandopartridge

The clamour to drop Godden now is just bizarre, he's doing what he needs to do which is get on the end of chances.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Grendel

The clamour to drop Godden now is just bizarre, he's doing what he needs to do which is get on the end of chances.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I think that Neil White bloke was on the phone saying that - Oggy was trying to politely point out we’d be at the bottom without his contribution

pusbccfc

First penalty miss in a competitive game for us in 12.

But also the second penalty he's missed in just over a month if you include the one in pre-season...

covcity4life

First penalty miss in a competitive game for us in 12.

But also the second penalty he's missed in just over a month if you include the one in pre-season...
I don't like it when such a delay before a pen

I'm sure i saw him do a mock run up and shot which showed he going to the right aswell?

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't actually think it's a bad penalty.

People on twitter are making out that he's passed it down the middle.

It's an excellent save.
That was my thought at the time and the replay confirms it, he needs to put his left arm up to adapt to the height of the ball. Not a routine save.

Greggs

It needs clamping down on. If kicking the ball away is a yellow for time wasting why aren't refs dishing out yellows for all the fucking around every time there's a penalty
I thought the delay was to allow us sing that new song

rexo87

I wasn't at the game so only managed to watch on Ifollow but I actually didn't think he was anonymous. Thought he made a few good touches and linked play quite well on the halfway line. Actually think that part of his game is improving

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

skybluecam

This will be a debate all season. Godden is a poacher. His only real contributions to the build up are linking up play, he's not going to drive us forward like Wright or Palmer can. And with Simms poor he's not going to be taking his place.

I do wonder whether we might have dealt better with their press with an extra man in midfield though.

steve cooper

If I understand this correctly, yesterday was only the second penalty Matt has ever missed. When you think the XG for penalties is around 0.7 that's not a bad record, 16 out of 18.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Games 6
Goals 4

Coventry city fans
Twitter 2023

That guy who thinks he’s really cool cuz he posts about having a beer at 9am every day also spouting shit about Godden on Twitter

Users who are viewing this thread