Godden - Huddersfield (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Its a tough one as he is 30 but seems to be hitting his best form/entering his prime now. 20 goal a season striker at this level if he can stay fit, going off BBD going for 8.5m, realistically I reckon between 2.5-3.5m.

and yes when I said 5.5m earlier I was taking the piss
Lol why are even discussing this, its not going to happen.

alexccfc99

People think our players are worth a lot more than they are, the only asset we have in my opinion that is worth north of £5m is Gyökeres, possibly O’Hare

Londonccfcfan

People think our players are worth a lot more than they are, the only asset we have in my opinion that is worth north of £5m is Gyökeres, possibly O’Hare
When you are a club percieved to be a club in distress then naturally the percieved value of your assets gos down.

End of July nobody would have thought we knocked back bids of 2.5M for Hyam. We didnt even entertain it or feel the need to share with anyone look at us we declining bids x, y or z.

Before the pitch fiasco. I dont buy into the fact some thought we were in need of a desperate sale. August screwed us.

Behind the scenes we dont know what bids we have rejected if any. Personally feel we have rejected a fair few (ohare being common knowledge).

torchomatic

110 posts on a rumour no-one has even said is true. we are desperate nowadays.

alexccfc99

When you are a club percieved to be a club in distress then naturally the percieved value of your assets gos down.

End of July nobody would have thought we knocked back bids of 2.5M for Hyam. We didnt even entertain it or feel the need to share with anyone look at us we declining bids x, y or z.

Before the pitch fiasco. I dont buy into the fact some thought we were in need of a desperate sale. August screwed us.

Behind the scenes we dont know what bids we have rejected if any. Personally feel we have rejected a fair few (ohare being common knowledge).

£2.5m for Hyam would have been fair for me, however Blackburn quite clearly had us by the balls as they knew we needed a quick buck so we had no real bargaining power

Shouts of £5m for Hyam were totally absurd

usskyblue

JesusChrist

I remember the good old days when you needed, at the very least, a source to post shit.. even a dodgy one*

*Some twatonTwitter doesn’t count

Shouldn’t bother a few on here anyway.. the ones who argued up & down that Walker was better.

AOM

I can't wait for the pictures out of Ryton today...

Here come the keepers!

Welcome back Toddy!

Here comes Tyler... Looking good!

That's all for today... Don't forget to buy a ticket for tomorrow!

Carl Baker warming up in the background

KenilworthSkyBlue

I totally agree to the fact that we need to improve our cash flow. But to insinuate our CEO is ringing clubs offering our best players is just mental.

It's not naivety - it's just common sense.

The reasons I put above are likely why a club such as Huddersfield might be interested in Godden. Same for Hyam - Blackburn know that we're in a weak position financially with the 3 home postponements/paying to rent Burton for a game so they came back with an apparent lower offer and got their man.

Does that mean I think we're right in what we're doing? No.
Do I agree that we need more money? Yes.
Do I think it's absolutely mental for to think that a CEO is calling clubs to sell our better players? Jesus christ yes. Just the same made up nonsense in peoples heads.

If you're in DBs position, needing more money and you have two options, what do you do?

* 1. Call clubs to offer our best players to plug cash flow issues, knowing that you're going to piss off your manager, 13.5k season ticket holders and a wider section of the fan base who've only recently come back to the club after MR and his teams achievements over the last few years.

* 2. Ask Joy for some cash to cover the loan knowing that we can claim compo from Wasps to retrospectively improve the cash flow.

If people seriously think DB is such a loon that he'd rather sell our best players than ask his boss for more cash, I think I'm done here.

What's more likely?

I appreciate it's speculation. But the Blackburn's DOF's comments are pretty telling. With interest all but dry in other players was it Boddy that got back in touch with Blackburn to enquire if they were still interested in Hyam? Why did we accept a lesser fee than what was tabled previously if they were so keen to bring Hyam in?

The whole situation reeks of desperation on the club's behalf.

edgy

giphy.gif

robbiekeane

However, we still have to consider the possibility of the lease being surrendered. Its seems still no announcement (if they'd got the Finance sorted than I am sure it would be announced) and the clock is really ticking now.

As in wasps surrendering the lease to CCC because of their financial difficulties? What would that mean for us

thekidfromstrettoncamp

As in wasps surrendering the lease to CCC because of their financial difficulties? What would that mean for us
If the lease was surrendered it would go back on the market Sisu would not have the money (or inclination) to buy it and someone would come in and pay the going rate something Sisu have never wanted too .They alway want something for nothing .

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

I appreciate it's speculation. But the Blackburn's DOF's comments are pretty telling. With interest all but dry in other players was it Boddy that got back in touch with Blackburn to enquire if they were still interested in Hyam? Why did we accept a lesser fee than what was tabled previously if they were so keen to bring Hyam in?

TBF, I didn't see/read those comments. But by the gist of what you're saying, could it be a club trying to unsettle a club in the same division by throwing a grenade amongst the fans? Who knows.

Agreed, it doesn't look good regardless if we don't know the whole situation.

Tommo1993

Reeks of a WUM firing off rumours with fans already biting their nails for the window to slam shut.

torchomatic

LOL. The only "situation" is the one created on here and Twitter. We've sold a player, hold the back page.

KenilworthSkyBlue

TBF, I didn't see/read those comments. But by the gist of what you're saying, could it be a club trying to unsettle a club in the same division by throwing a grenade amongst the fans? Who knows.

Agreed, it doesn't look good regardless if we don't know the whole situation.

There wouldn't be much reasoning for that. I think the Blackburn DOF is just an egotistical arsehole who loves the sound of his own voice. If it wasn't true the club would be well within their rights to demand the statement was redacted.

I think it certainly poses the question of which party got in touch with the other first.

edgy

Apologies if I've missed this but where is it stated we've accepted a lesser fee?

KenilworthSkyBlue

LOL. The only "situation" is the one created on here and Twitter. We've sold a player, hold the back page.

We've sold a player for apparently less than what was initially quoted in July and none of the fee will be designated to Robins for investing in a replacement. He's openly admitted to that.

Another is likely on their way either over the next few days or at best in the January window as the sale of Hyam will only just about plug the cashflow shortfall of this month along with the pitch repair costs. There's still transfer instalments due, operational costs to cover and the EFL loan looming.

Last edited:

MacReady

Late to the party here. Couldn’t find anything online about this anywhere. Is this one of those ‘my mates, dogs, grandparents tortoise’ gossip type situations?

torchomatic

Late to the party here. Couldn’t find anything online about this anywhere. Is this one of those ‘my mates, dogs, grandparents tortoise’ gossip type situations?

Don't even think it's had that much thought.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

According to @Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue he knows some contacts up in Blackburn. Boddy was allegedly sitting in a bar when he called their Director of Football to initiate the sale.

I would like to know more about this, as that part does actually sounds like it could be bullshit! The other comments are floating around in official statements though, with it certainly looking like we did make the first move and broadcast that we wanted to sell.

ccfc1234

At the right price this would be a good idea. He is injury prone and unlike the big 4 will not likely increase in value. 2m would seem reasonable if Robins got 50% for the replacement .

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I imagine most Championship clubs will be planning friendlies anyway, can't see them wanting to go back right into the league calendar with most of their players having not played for a month.
I'm not saying they won't want friendlies, just would they want them against us on that potential injury-trap of a CBS pitch. They'd probably prefer it at home or to play someone else.

I think at best we might suggest a split of revenues and costs at their ground. Though if Boddy's negotiating skills this week are to be believed it'll end up with us paying them for every ticket sold.

torchomatic

According to @Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue he knows some contacts up in Blackburn. Boddy was allegedly sitting in a bar when he called their Director of Football to initiate the sale.

I would like to know more about this, as that part does actually sounds like it could be bullshit! The other comments are floating around in official statements though, with it certainly looking like we did make the first move and broadcast that we wanted to sell.

Was he tapping on a calculator and singing "money makes the world go 'round" too?

Users who are viewing this thread