GOD (1 Viewer)

Samo

Today's goal was class, just when we needed it he had the composure to do what needed to be done, he got his team out of a hole with help from Giles.
How many can he score this season?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

As soon as you bring another strikers name into it you look like you’re making background political points, but you compare a) his all round ability and b) his goal record to other fan favourite strikers and its genuinely remarkable how criminally underrated or at least under appreciated he is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mds

The man finishes every chance hes given. Worth his weight in gold
No he dosnt, and no he isnt, he missed plenty last season and some that looked very simple opportunities from the stands.
But he`s ours and i would rather him up front than some of the dross we`ve had that have passed for footballers in recent years.
16-20 if we or he is lucky.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2477

Its a nice feeling having two strikers at the club who you expect to score rather than having four who you expect to miss

Saddlebrains

No he dosnt, and no he isnt, he missed plenty last season and some that looked very simple opportunities from the stands.
But he`s ours and i would rather him up front than some of the dross we`ve had that have passed for footballers in recent years.
16-20 if we or he is lucky.

Fair, but since his double hat trick last season nothing sticks out for me. Must have bagged at least 90% of his chances

clint van damme

I said on another thread that Sky were bigging up Dykes whose scored 2 pens but questioning Godden who has 2 from open play! Morons.
I think he'll get at least 15 which is a great return from a player playing his first full season in the Championship.

procdoc

At the risk of being laughed at. Best finisher at the club since Armstrong? Keane even?

By that i mean whats he missed? Can anyone here pick out a godden miss when he should have bagged? Because i cant.

I’m sure he missed a sitter against Tranmere at home, a game where everyone seemed to miss a sitter!

Sky Blue Harry H

At the risk of being laughed at. Best finisher at the club since Armstrong? Keane even?

By that i mean whats he missed? Can anyone here pick out a godden miss when he should have bagged? Because i cant.

He's great but of course he's missed some he should/could have scored. Away at Bristol Rovers last season (think it was the Cup?) and he failed to connect with one last week at Brizzle. Doesn't matter as he's a really good finisher and I'm still buzzing over last night's result.

AFCCOVENTRY

God is on top form. All through pre season and onto the league he can’t stop scoring. The likes of Giles crossing will give him more opportunities in the air. Against Oxford last season he scored a lovely headed goal.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Apart from the ones he doesn't. Missed a chance or two vs Bristol. He had a bit of a reputation before coming here of being a bit 'feast and famine' - would go on amazing purple patches then long droughts.

Not saying he's not very good, but let's not get carried away. Before you know it he'll miss an easy sitter that costs us points and you get a massive overreaction to that miss because he 'scores every time'.

Danceswithhorses

Pre season, there were quite a few on here who doubted Godden would be good enough for the Championship - you know who you are ;)
It's early days, but imho, he looks more than up to the task - joint top scorer with 'all penalty goals' Lyndon Dykes

Last edited:

Samo

Basically what it boils down to is... God is on our side.

Mucca Mad Boys

Walker isn't anywhere near ready but it speaks volumes that Godden stayed on. Going forward second half we had them on fucking toast.

Walker will eventually be a starter. I still maintain that we could probably play 2 up front in the current setting. A potential negative of our setup is that, judging from last season, there aren’t many goals in that team. Our midfielders and WBs need to chip in with more goals from open play, and we need more set piece goals. Last night was a good start.

Gooden does have the variables to be a decent Championship striker. He’s a natural goal scorer and uses his movement in the box to get in those goal scoring positions. We’ve seen players who have natural goal scoring ability be able to score in all the leagues from NL to Premiership.

10-15 goals is a very doable target for Gooden this season.

Users who are viewing this thread