Goals (1 Viewer)

Deity

It was very noticeable last night that when Vik pulls wide and beats his man we do get bodies in the box but their movement is not that of a goal scorer.

When big Vik doesn’t score we don’t really have that final cutting edge.

The Waggy over Tavares decisions will continue to surprise us all. Not because Tavares is a better player than Waggy ( we don’t know yet ) but because Waggy absolutely isn’t the answer, so a young fast goal scorer won’t do any worse.

we certainly need another striker this window ….

we also need our wing backs to be more productive going forwards. You can’t play 5 at the back but have wing backs that don’t chip in with assists and the odd goal.

Bidwell is solid but no where near the threat of Maartsen.

PVA

We do need another striker but the problem is that would leave us with 6 on the books, which is too much for a team that usually plays with one up front.

Unless we can unload one or two (just not Gyokeres!) then I don't think we will sign one.

How long till Godden is back?

clint van damme

It was very noticeable last night that when Vik pulls wide and beats his man we do get bodies in the box but their movement is not that of a goal scorer.

When big Vik doesn’t score we don’t really have that final cutting edge.

The Waggy over Tavares decisions will continue to surprise us all. Not because Tavares is a better player than Waggy ( we don’t know yet ) but because Waggy absolutely isn’t the answer, so a young fast goal scorer won’t do any worse.

we certainly need another striker this window ….

we also need our wing backs to be more productive going forwards. You can’t play 5 at the back but have wing backs that don’t chip in with assists and the odd goal.

Bidwell is solid but no where near the threat of Maartsen.

Isn't Godden due back soon?

slowpoke

Lack of goals from elsewhere other than Vik has to be a concern you Might laugh but our next likely scorer after Vik is Panzo from a set piece or corner, the O’Hare injury a big blow but with the window coming up with or without the King takeover there’s a chance with the loan market to tweak things and add another striker we can’t wait for Godden he’ll be a bit of a bonus in a month or so. Reckon Vik and a mobile partner alongside him will cause havoc to opposing defences, they struggle with Vik on his own as it is.

Sick Boy

Regardless of whether Vik is here or not next season, we desperately need to strengthen upfront. There’s not another one of the strikers that I’d bother keeping now.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Problem is, at the moment at least, we don't have the personnel to come off the bench and change the game.

How about this, tell Tavares to play on the wing and use his pace to attack the fullback.

ccfc1234

Regardless of whether Vik is here or not next season, we desperately need to strengthen upfront. There’s not another one of the strikers that I’d bother keeping now.
Agree, with COH out for the season we need to either sign a direct replacement (as Allen and Palmer are not going to be productive enough as a pair) or revert back to 2 up top again and find a goal scoring partner for Vik who is mobile and will create space. In today's market it probably easier and cheaper to find a fast skillful forward than a creative/ goalscoring number 10.

shmmeee

Desperately need another AM and wingbacks who can threaten at the moment.

I don’t think we’ll sign a striker just because Godden and Walker are back at the end of the window and Walker and Waghorn will continue to suck wages until the Summer when I think Vik will go and we’ll get a couple in.

I suspect the same is true at RWB with Dabo and Kane.

So reckon the best we can hope for attacking wise is a forward thinking LWB to offer and option for Bidwell and a goal scoring AM, then I wouldn’t be surprised if the other two are a GK and a CB.

Hertsccfc

Desperately need another AM and wingbacks who can threaten at the moment.

I don’t think we’ll sign a striker just because Godden and Walker are back at the end of the window and Walker and Waghorn will continue to suck wages until the Summer when I think Vik will go and we’ll get a couple in.

I suspect the same is true at RWB with Dabo and Kane.

So reckon the best we can hope for attacking wise is a forward thinking LWB to offer and option for Bidwell and a goal scoring AM, then I wouldn’t be surprised if the other two are a GK and a CB.
We need another forward if Godden isn't going to be fit soon. The last two matches opponents have largely nullified the impact of Gyokeres with good defending but they can only do this if we don't have any othe threat up front.

If Gooden or Walker are going to be fit soon then yes another AM would be the priority. Plus another defender because we are only one injury away from real difficulties in that area. Wing backs are fine.

SBAndy

See if Newcastle want more game time for Elliot Anderson. Been around their first team for the first half of the season, may benefit from a solid 5 months’ playing opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread