Goals Forest match. (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

They were terrible just saw highlight can nobody put a challange in. deegan shouted at bell when he didnt tackle for the second goal and they scored. then clarke just backed off aswell for the first goal awful.

stupot07

The worst offender for the first was Norwood as he didn't go across to close him down. Clarke backed off (along with the whole back 4) because he had a man out wide, had he committed himself earlier, mccleary would have just slipped the ball out to the unmarked wide man. Norwood just had to come across 10 yards to cover the space and close him down.

Don't know what Christie was doing for the 2nd.

Otis

I know a fair few people think our defence isnt' that bad overall. Well I would say it's pretty god damn awful. The softest, most ridiculous, pathetic goals you will ever see, week afetr week after week.

It is getting very embarrassing. Hardly a game passes without a howler from someone.

No good in a player playing well for 89 minutes every week but then being responsible for the daftest goals.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

I know a fair few people think our defence isnt' that bad overall. Well I would say it's pretty god damn awful. The softest, most ridiculous, pathetic goals you will ever see, week afetr week after week.

It is getting very embarrassing. Hardly a game passes without a howler from someone.

No good in a player playing well for 89 minutes every week but then being responsible for the daftest goals.
I agree, been saying this for the past few months. I don't think we have bad individual defenders but for the majority of the season I have felt the selection has been wrong of the back 4. We probably have among the poorest full backs in the league with Christie and Clarke (out of position) at the moment and doesn't help that Hussey and Herman are injured, Cranie is ok but tbh I would rather get Wood or Cameron alongside Keogh and mover Cranie to full back.
Best back 4 for me
Cranie--Keogh--Wood--Hussey

oakey

Agree with Otis,
Our defence has escaped a lot of flak this year. People prefer to blame the midfield for everything... A pattern I have seen repeated for, oh...40 years!
Cannot remember many midfielders that didn't receive constant criticism.
Having said that we need to get behind all our players during matches and save criticism until later, hard I know.
PUSB

stupot07

I agree, been saying this for the past few months. I don't think we have bad individual defenders but for the majority of the season I have felt the selection has been wrong of the back 4. We probably have among the poorest full backs in the league with Christie and Clarke (out of position) at the moment and doesn't help that Hussey and Herman are injured, Cranie is ok but tbh I would rather get Wood or Cameron alongside Keogh and mover Cranie to full back.
Best back 4 for me
Cranie--Keogh--Wood--Hussey

Your brave saying Christie is one of the poorest fullbacks in the league....

Otis

He's still very much learning his trade.

He'll be a very good player in time.

stupot07

I agree Otis. Lots of potential but still very raw. However some of the posts on here and gmk would make you think that he's the best rightback in the league.

StevieM

If we persist with playing Cyrus I would like to see him playing right midfield if we are keeping to 4-4-2.
He is a big lad and if he was starting from a more advanced position up the pitch he could do some damage with his direct running-more so than Bell and stronger in the tackle than Baker.
I read somewhere that he said this was his first season as a defender, I don't know where he played whilst in the academy.
More worrying for me is the fact that every game on or about 70 minutes he has to take on glucose from the physio-I know he isn't the only one who does this but I would think that for a young lad he wouldn't need that sort of stuff or am I just a bit "old school" ?

Paxman II

I have to say Christie has been one of the better players at the moment. He gets forward and puts in dangerous crosses and defends well at times getting in vital blocks. His energy level is very good too, with pace to go past players and put opposition defences under pressure.

Now Cranie has no pace, unable to beat a man and at times his distribution is shocking. He is prone to schoolboy errors and lacks height in a central role.

Hussey is no Danny Fox but will come good. He has off days more than good ones but better than and right footer being played there!

Centrally Wood and Keogh should be the central pairing. I see them complimenting each other the same way as Keown and Adams did at Arsenal.

Now if I'm right this defense has never been tried has it?

Christie Keogh Wood Hussey.

If you want balance in a side then that's it.

mark82

Christie has impressed me in the games I have seen this year. Seems a promising young kid. Got a bright future ahead of him.

Users who are viewing this thread