Goals Against (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

Averaging two goals conceded per game at the moment with only one clean sheet. We really cannot be relying on having to score +2 goals per game in order to get something if we want to have a decent chance at staying in this division. Doubt the constant chopping and changing has helped but we really need to get this sorted ASAP.

cc84cov

Averaging two goals conceded per game at the moment with only one clean sheet. We really cannot be relying on having to score +2 goals per game in order to get something if we want to have a decent chance at staying in this division. Doubt the constant chopping and changing has helped but we really need to get this sorted ASAP.
Said it pre season I can’t see where the goals are coming from

cc84cov

It would help if we didn’t need to score 3
Defence is worrying the one department I felt we was ok this year clearly management did also,Osti has become the best of them,soon as mcfadz was in chase I knew we had blew it god knows why he wasn’t sent off,but I still don’t see where the goals are coming from

Last edited:

shepardo01

Bentley > Marosi
Lumley > Marosi
Walton < Marosi
Begovic >Marosi
Raya > Marosi
Woodman > Marosi
Kaminski - Marosi
Betinelli > Marosi
Cabral > Marosi (not on the night though!)
Samba > Marosi

Is he Championship standard?.......
I know a few don't think so.....

covmark

Bentley > Marosi
Lumley > Marosi
Walton < Marosi
Begovic >Marosi
Raya > Marosi
Woodman > Marosi
Kaminski - Marosi
Betinelli > Marosi
Samba > Marosi

Tonight's defeat had fuck all to do with Marosi

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

Bentley > Marosi
Lumley > Marosi
Walton < Marosi
Begovic >Marosi
Raya > Marosi
Woodman > Marosi
Kaminski - Marosi
Betinelli > Marosi
Samba > Marosi

How many of our goals conceded this season would you say are down to Marosi?

fernandopartridge

Despite the goals conceded, I think we're actually going in the right direction defensively. We've not been pulled apart by anybody of late we just need to cut out the lapses in concentration and indiscipline.

I've calmed down now after last night and you've got to say there were more positives to take from the game than negatives. Their winner was a calamity, the first goal was just fortuitous. Let's not panic.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Despite the goals conceded, I think we're actually going in the right direction defensively. We've not been pulled apart by anybody of late we just need to cut out the lapses in concentration and indiscipline.

I've calmed down now after last night and you've got to say there were more positives to take from the game than negatives. Their winner was a calamity, the first goal was just fortuitous. Let's not panic.

I agree and disagree with this. Yes, over the course of a game the defence isn't necessarily poor, however you just can't excuse that on average we're conceding 2 goals per game. So, personally I find it difficult to know where to stand with the defence.

I think without stating the obvious the key element to tightening the defence and reducing the number of goals conceded is to improve on discipline and to cut out the silly, but frequent, mistakes. Equally, I think we need to be quicker to the ball, especially in our own box. My head says this will improve, as such issues are both identifiable and rectifiable under good management. Also, it's of my opinion that our defenders thankfully have the ability and quality to improve and iron out these irksome issues.

I think in all fairness, what is a particular learning curve for our defenders this season is that mistakes are now being punished far more frequently than in the League One - as expected in a higher division - and the pace is far quicker which inevitable takes some getting used to and in the early stages of the season will cause and generate mistakes from players regardless of position.

There's no question that the Championship has been a considerable jump in quality and as such our players need time. Injuries haven't helped either so whilst yesterday was a huge kick in the teeth, a season is swings and roundabouts and results such as last night's are an unfortunate inevitability in football. So, I'd like to think that we'll get our just desserts at some point over the course of the campaign.

Agreed that it's positive we're beginning to create more chances, especially 'on goal'. Hopefully the injury Godden sustained isn't too serious as I feel he would be a big loss.

Liquid Gold

I think we’ll improve as the season progresses and our young defenders get used to the division. One of the main problems i see is that our older head and leader at the back is prone to fucking up way too often.

Marosi isn’t a problem at all, can’t think of any goals he’s been the cause of and we wouldn’t have beaten Reading without two excellent saves from him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I agree with the overall assessment but the thing about being a defender is you can be immense for 90 minutes, lapse for one second in injury time and lose the game. We're doing that too often. It was to a certain extent there last season but we got away with it as the lower level players weren't taking advantage as much. Not at a higher level they are more frequently and it's really hurting us. Players will be more willing to go down once they feel the touch even if they could stay on their feet, so we have to teach them to stop this push in the back that we've given away two penalties and got a red card for totally unnecessarily.

I think we've got a team that on the whole can compete with most at this level but if we make these occasional sloppy errors and lapses in concentration we won't pick up the points we should. The games against the likes of Brentford and Bournemouth were disappointing but it's the games like Barnsley and last night that will ultimately decide our fate. We should've taken at least four points from them - we've only taken one.

I'm hoping that as the season goes on and the experience of what players wlll do will help reduce the errors, along with training, and the fitness will even out after our long break. But it needs to happen quite soon or before we know it we've played a lot of games and are running out of time to sort it.

chinamans view

To stay in this league this season only, should we try the sweeper style and forget pretty football: marosi, sweeper faz then ,rose osti hyam
wing backs callem and giles, 2 in midfield o,hare and hamer then the 2 tall forwards forwards available. if it ment we stay up should we.

Liquid Gold

To stay in this league this season only, should we try the sweeper style and forget pretty football: marosi, sweeper faz then ,rose osti hyam
wing backs callem and giles, 2 in midfield o,hare and hamer then the 2 tall forwards forwards available. if it ment we stay up should we.
While we're at it can we get big sam in, muddy up the pitch, get the players addicted to fags and bitter for half time and get some sex offenders back on tv.

cc84cov

Who are your 2 tall forwards ?

Users who are viewing this thread