Goalkeeper (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

Stockdale for me provern quality, experienced, confident and would have crucial supporter support too and bring in another, younger number two. Wages ? If we want to compete at the top we have to pay and goalkeepers, good ones, are an expensive item in any team.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Stockdale for me provern quality, experienced, confident and would have crucial supporter support too and bring in another, younger number two. Wages ? If we want to compete at the top we have to pay and goalkeepers, good ones, are an expensive item in any team.
Would have support until his first mistake....
Then all hell will let Loose a again.

Grendel

He’s on around £30,000 a week

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Yes they would look at other players that have come in had a couple of games and ripped a New one.
I think with the keeper situation it might be somewhere in between. Some are so glad to be rid of Burge that they will defend the new keeper to the hilt regardless of some mistakes, others will slaughter him from the get-go. You only need to look at how Sterling was treated after a few games to realise what our fanbase can be like.

fatso

Any new keeper would almost certainly make us favourites for promotion next season.

torchomatic

Would have support until his first mistake....
Then all hell will let Loose a again.

Nope, not true. All players make mistakes: Burge makes more than the rest of the team and more than any goalkeeper I can remember playing for CCFC.

skyblue025

It looks like our top wage is circa 4k a week if that's what was allegedly offered to Willis. Need someone who is class who is prepared to come in on that money. All this talk of Stockdale and Westwood is pie in the sky.

Skyblueol

We have been linked with lower league goalkeepers a lot recently. Which i think is better. Look at Luton how many of their players were people being released by clubs and dropping down the league. If we start taking lower leagues better players that surely outlines intent for
promotion.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just been mentioned that Ben Garratt of Crewe has been released after stalling on signing a new contract 25 years old and over 200 games played, I am sure he has played against us a few times and had decent games would be a good option as second choice at least

stevefloyd

He’s still contracted to Birmingham
I would think that if he dont ask for a transfer he would be paid up, he is possibly not going to get another big money deal so maybe the sweetner is a lower wage coupled with his pay off and the possibility of gk coach... who knows

stevefloyd

My guess would be get shot of Addai bring in a development keeper and an experienced one so they can learn off one another

the rumpo kid

I would think that if he dont ask for a transfer he would be paid up, he is possibly not going to get another big money deal so maybe the sweetner is a lower wage coupled with his pay off and the possibility of gk coach... who knows
Guess playing and coaching would have two wages too.

Evo1883

Any keeper that can do the basics is an improvement on what we’ve had over the last 3-4 years , this is an easy replacement job for sure

Users who are viewing this thread