Goalkeeper Simon Moore expected to sign according to the Bladesman. (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

He wasn’t in the 25 man squad last season and didn’t go out on loan. He’s barely played for 4 years. Hardly suggests a desire to play or an in demand player for that matter.

I’ll back him once he’s here and hopefully he’s better than Wilson. But it’s not a signing that gets you excited is it?
I’m just naive I think and like a puppy any new signing excites me as there is always the potential for something to happen that was different from before

Sky Blue Pete

Moore has as much Championship experience as Max Biamou over his career. I’m not sure this is the win you think. Of course Biamou’s experience is more recent.

I’d rather sign a might be than a never has been.
That’s a bit harsh too. He’s not 40

shmmeee

I’m just naive I think and like a puppy any new signing excites me as there is always the potential for something to happen that was different from before

Maybe I’m reading tea leaves here mate, but we started the summer being linked to the kind of player we’ve always gone for under Robins: young, potential, up and coming, good stats.

Now preseason has started, we’ve signed no one, and all the rumours are about 31 yo out of contract players who haven’t made the grade at other Championship clubs and are floating about on a free.

Concerned that the great plan for CCFC has hit the rails this summer and we are missing the funds to carry it on.

I don’t want us to end up back in L1 with a massive wage bill and a bunch of shite worth nothing is all.

mr_monkey

Maybe I’m reading tea leaves here mate, but we started the summer being linked to the kind of player we’ve always gone for under Robins: young, potential, up and coming, good stats.

Now preseason has started, we’ve signed no one, and all the rumours are about 31 yo out of contract players who haven’t made the grade at other Championship clubs and are floating about on a free.

Concerned that the great plan for CCFC has hit the rails this summer and we are missing the funds to carry it on.

I don’t want us to end up back in L1 with a massive wage bill and a bunch of shite worth nothing is all.

But how many of those links were true though

We need more experience this season and we can't afford top quality league players (like we could in league one) so we have to go for solid championship players, not as exciting of course but will allow us to progress as a club

baldy

We've signed Sheaf,nowhere near 31,plus this Moore's on his way - people were frothing with excitement about wanting Westwood back & how old's he? Just relax ffs

bawtryneal

Calm down and be patient

MR and DB have been on holiday for two weeks. Pre season testing just being completed and training in earnest doesn't start until next week

Next 10 days are key to the recruitment process plus any Premier League loans will not happen until early August

mr_monkey

We've signed Sheaf,nowhere near 31,plus this Moore's on his way - people were frothing with excitement about wanting Westwood back & how old's he? Just relax ffs

It's surely a no brainer between Moore and Westwood for any sensible people

shmmeee

But how many of those links were true though

Theres no smoke without fire. I know you’re shtick is out the most positive spin on it but I’m just being honest.

Maybe a bunch of randoms were making up rumours and we’d actually abandoned our model out of choice and not because we’re getting outbid at every turn. I just find that unlikely. Seems to me we don’t have the cash to compete and are stuck with players no one else wants.

Last season we looked like trending to Brentford and Barnsley, this season seems more Portsmouth and Sunderland.

mr_monkey

Theres no smoke without fire. I know you’re shtick is out the most positive spin on it but I’m just being honest.

Maybe a bunch of randoms were making up rumours and we’d actually abandoned our model out of choice and not because we’re getting outbid at every turn. I just find that unlikely. Seems to me we don’t have the cash to compete and are stuck with players no one else wants.

Last season we looked like trending to Brentford and Barnsley, this season seems more Portsmouth and Sunderland.

😂 Tell that to the efl zone pages that literally make shit up

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

2bh I don’t mind 1/2 31 year old experienced championship players. Waghorn for instance would be alright

we were crying out for experienced heads all last season.

I don’t think Moore will be on massive wages and, 31 is kind of peak age for a goalkeeper. I don’t foresee anymore than 2 30+ players coming in

KenilworthSkyBlue

Really unsure about this one. The majority of Sheff U fans are in the agreement that Moore's level is League One. Then again this could be garbage and they simply don't remember seeing him play due him playing so few games over the past few years.

If true though you have to wonder if this is a slightly sideways move? Hope I'm wrong but it feels as this isn't an upgrade.

baldy

Really unsure about this one. The majority of Sheff U fans are in the agreement that Moore's level is League One. Then again this could be garbage and they simply don't remember seeing him play due him playing so few games over the past few years.

If true though you have to wonder if this is a slightly sideways move? Hope I'm wrong but it feels as this isn't an upgrade.

It could be a slight upgrade on Wilson

bawtryneal

The vast majority of SUFC fans and people at the club who I have spoken to over the last few days rate him highly

If the CCFC recruitment team believed him to be League ! level they would have kept Marosi

KenilworthSkyBlue

The vast majority of SUFC fans and people at the club who I have spoken to over the last few days rate him highly

If the CCFC recruitment team believed him to be League ! level they would have kept Marosi

Really? I'd recommend you have a look at their forum. Whilst they hold him in high regard, most are of the opinion that his level is top end League One which essentially is what we had in Marosi.

Sky Blue Pete

Ah I see. Keepers are different. Waghorn is a surprise to me. I’ve not heard from anyone I recognise as hearing from the horses mouth that we are in for him. That said he’s an upgrade on max and baka and knows his way around the division.

If he was the only one I think it could be a master stroke. I share your concern

mark82

First heard Moore was an option on 20th May, so think despite other links he's been high on our list of options.

SBT

It doesn’t sound like this guy is a standout keeper at the Championship level, but Robins clearly doesn’t place much value on the GK position, and it’s been alluded to elsewhere that his main priority is the other end of the pitch. I’m perfectly happy for the resources to go there instead.

KenilworthSkyBlue

There ya go then,if it's an upgrade on Wilson we've not lost out

I would've liked an upgrade on both Wilson and Marosi. Otherwise what was the point in moving Marosi on? Like I said this very much feels like a sideways move but we'll see. More than happy to be proven wrong.

matesx

Really? I'd recommend you have a look at their forum. Whilst they hold him in high regard, most are of the opinion that his level is top end League One which essentially is what we had in Marosi.

Maybe Marosi was moved out after an alleged bust up with Robins rather than for his lack of ability?

mr_monkey

Maybe Marosi was moved out after an alleged bust up with Robins rather than for his lack of ability?

Or the fact that the step up to the championship was obviously too much for him (hence why he has ended up at a mid table league one club)

stupot07

Distinctly underwhelmed. Blades fans sound like we did when we released Max or Baka “lovely lad”, bit of a worry he’s barely played for years as well. And he’s not exactly young.

Hope we’re going to make an exciting signing this summer and not all average players in their early 30s looking for a last payday. The rumours don’t fill me with confidence though.
Same here, last 3 seasons

20/21 4 appearances
19/20 2 appearances
18/19 19 appearances

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread