Goal or no goal (1 Viewer)

Goal or no goal

• Goal

Votes: 105 76.1%
  • No goal

Votes: 33 23.9%

• Total voters

clint van damme

It is impossible to judge from a still image from a low quality stream while the ball is in the air.

I thought I had a decent view at the game and didnt think it was a goal but looking at the stills I'm convinced it was. Ref was a c**t either way.

SeaSeeEffCee

I thought I had a decent view at the game and didnt think it was a goal but looking at the stills I'm convinced it was. Ref was a c**t either way.
It certainly looked in with the naked eye, definitely can’t dispute that, but just have to trust that the goal line tech did its job and got it right. It would be a huge anomaly for it to have gotten it wrong. Liverpool had a goal not given vs Man City in 18/19 because it wasn’t fully over the line by 11mm. These margins can be mega tight and the angles they shoot the match from are never going to give a clear picture. What we really need is the in goal camera perspective, but they haven’t shown it for some bizarre reason.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Question.
if we had goal linetech and VAR (I presume they still work concurrently indivisions where VAR is?), if VAR could override a glaring error and watch malfunction such as this one, why can't the officials using their common sense and BLOODY EYES!?

Officials had a mare tonight and this tops it off blaming technology again, as Oliver did when it failed in the Premiership the other year too (along with the O'Hare putting the ball out for a Coventry corner 🤷🏼‍♂️😂)

SBT

Not really , villa stayed up on a failed goal line tech decision

I mean it’s pointless debating it if we have technology that can categorically show if the ball crossed the line - whether or not it worked in the moment.

Evo1883

I mean it’s pointless debating it if we have technology that can categorically show if the ball crossed the line - whether or not it worked in the moment.

It crossed the line though didn't it

MalcSB

That was in, bounced up and off the back of the Hull player way over the line, and then rolled back towards the line and cleared before it got to the line, Definitely should have been given as a goal.

higgs

No goal confirmed all of ball didn't cross the line fuck technology

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Now do an angle from the side and you will see the top of the ball is level with the line. As much as we'd love it to be a goal it's not. There's literally technology for it

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
it's clearly over the line you aldi sausage

MalcSB

Now do an angle from the side and you will see the top of the ball is level with the line. As much as we'd love it to be a goal it's not. There's literally technology for it

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
There’s literally a line that has been fully crossed.

pusbccfc

Interestingly, the referee didn't call the goal for O'Hare on Saturday until the defender kicked it in.

hill83

I know I'm clearly being out voted here, but my mind is blown.
Are you lot the same people that scream when the ball isn't in the correct place for a corner as well?

It's not where the ball touches the floor. And all the images posted the ball is in the air.

No goal.

Marty

The ball is obviously a sphere, so will show grass without crossing the line, It's too hard to tell from those angles.

Users who are viewing this thread