Goal line officials (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Did anyone notice that it looked like the ref who awarded united's goal tonight V Basel? Goes to show those officials behind the goals are pointless. He just stood there doing nothing, and certainly isn't as good as what goal line technology would be!!

MatthewWallis

I seen him stand up straight when they appealed as if to say no goal but it clearly crossed the line. What's the point in them, I don't think I've ever seem them give something

wingy

Totally agree SW,and inthe home of that numpty tha truns the world game,thinks he's royalty you know.

Did anyone notice that it looked like the ref who awarded united's goal tonight V Basel? Goes to show those officials behind the goals are pointless. He just stood there doing nothing, and certainly isn't as good as what goal line technology would be!!

SW,

That so called goal line official must be blind as a bat - he was 4 yards away and the ball was his side - he looked, he dithered, a good job the ref was at hand to administer justice.

PUSB

AngryAnt

Aren't they like, sub par refs in the first place? I seem to recall something about them only being able to advise and not actually give a decision. I.e if they say its gone over and the ref doesn't think so, he can just ignore their opinion (as opposed to a discussion taking place he can just wave on).

Not really worth them being there, but it makes Septic Bladder look good because he's "challenging goal line technology!". That's the real reason they are there.

egastap

Sorry guys, but the signal we had in Canada showed the 5th official talk to the ref over his mic. I think he gave the ref the 'goal' decision. Either way, it didn't do ManU much good did it?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Egastap, no it didnt and oh how that made my night :)

One did have to make decision in the Spurs game last week which was a correct decision, so they do somethijg but since their introduction, they have done very little to justify their appearance fee!

wingy

I thnk when they were first introduced ,they had impact in that they cut out all the tugging holding grappling in the area ,you only had to see the stoke /Everton highlights to see the lack of control by the ref ,and the pundits excusing it on the premise that there would be 20 pens in a match ,in reality stoke got away with murder.Back on point i want to see total integration of any technology that prevents injustice ,cheating, feigning injury,refs talking behind their hand,i just don't get the desire to cling to archaic neanderthal outdated practices by an archaic outdated self proclaimed king from gnomeland .

Users who are viewing this thread