GMK (1 Viewer)

Old Warwickshire lad

GMK killed itself. Unless you were in the click, if you dared to post you were abused, or worse totally ignored.
Many people just gave up and left the half dozen or so regulars to it.
You would see dozens of people viewing posts but few people commenting, hence it died. RIP

Otis

Nothing will ever beat the rivals system of just being able to jump on at any club and stir shit up.
Yes.

I remember going on the Leicester board and they were so full of themselves and so I went on to Wikipedia and edited it and said it had been announced that they were merging with the Sky Blues and that they would get to keep the City part of their name and we would get to keep the Coventry bit of ours.

I got banned from Wiki after that.

larry_david

Who was killer rumble.

There was killer87 who was usually alright but I think had a tenancy to get drunk and course chaos.

Then one day remember they did a model show feature cov women. Covettes? One was called Samantha rumble and of course posters were saying stuff like, oh bblah blah would get it etc. Someone then joined claiming to be this one's husband threatening to knock people out and stuff and then killer_rumble turned up. Whoever it was, it was funny at first but they went too far and just started spamming every cov thread with shit. Pretty sure most people left after that, board was dying a death when one day it just turned off.

JimmyHillsbeard

Didn't he have an R8?

alan wasn’t funny most of the time (mostly pointless lies about driving an Audi R8, being a professional gambler and living in Kenilworth) but very occasionally he’d fall into golden territory. His plans to go to Garfunkel’s for a tip-top steak dinner while in London (we’d been drawn away at Spurs in the FA Cup) were magnificent.

Ring Of Steel

the characters "1" and "l" were identical on gmk, anyone foolish enough to have either of those in their username were soon 'cloned' and then had to watch helplessly as their username appeared on multiple threads making grotesque & offensive statements. I also remember at least two well known users who had their password the same as their username, that ended very messily

NorthernWisdom

the characters "1" and "l" were identical on gmk, anyone foolish enough to have either of those in their username were soon 'cloned' and then had to watch helplessly as their username appeared on multiple threads making grotesque & offensive statements. I also remember at least two well known users who had their password the same as their username, that ended very messily
Coventry was a remarkably popular password, too...

Travs

I whole-heartedly agree with the USSkyblue post above...

GMK in the glory days was the absolute best. Absolutely full of characters, and the ability to login to other boards on the same network made for some chaotic exchanges.

Obviously the whole Rivals network was on a downward slope. But what really did it for the GMK site was it became known as the hideout for "SISU lovers". In fact the attitude was similar to here now... that all are to blame, some more than others... but in that era, anything other than unquestioning hatred towards SISU alone, was not the accepted view for City fans. Who would have thought that those opinions and views which were ridiculed by so many, are now the general consensus (well at least on here anyway...!)

So it dwindled. Was a shame.... at Sixfields i stood behind Knowl, TexasHoldem' and the other GMK die-hards, and occasionally saw them at the Ricoh on our return, like ghosts from the past.

Absolutely no disrespect to any posters on here, or indeed to Nick, but GMK in it's heyday was a different level.

Nick

Administrator
Absolutely no disrespect to any posters on here, or indeed to Nick, but GMK in it's heyday was a different level.

I agree to be fair, some of the humour was amazing!

I did offer to fix it and bring it back to life for them for that reason :(

Ring Of Steel

Anyone remember on Rivals the Leicester City forum when they were relegated to League 1:

'Though your heart is aching...'

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Funnily enough I don't recall any interaction between the Sunderland & Cov boards, you would have thought with this "intense rivalry" that it would have been a warzone, I don't remember much fighting with them on rivals though.

Otis

I do remember my "having Latvians for Christmas dinner" got a lot of interest

Otis

Funnily enough I don't recall any interaction between the Sunderland & Cov boards, you would have thought with this "intense rivalry" that it would have been a warzone, I don't remember much fighting with them on rivals though.
Nope. Indeed not.

Leicester and Hull predominately.

fernandopartridge

I can't remember if it was GMK or another forum I used to frequent but it had a poster named Blind Man. Every post was unintelligible. I found it funny anyway.

Ring Of Steel

Nope. Indeed not.

Leicester and Hull predominately.

I don't remember the details but one guy got really wound up as the bus back from an away game left early leaving him no time to go to hobbycraft- I was laughing for days after that one, he got slaughtered & kept on about hobbycraft.

Sometimes my better half would ask me- "what are you laughing at", but how the hell do you even try to explain it?

JimmyHillsbeard

I don't remember the details but one guy got really wound up as the bus back from an away game left early leaving him no time to go to hobbycraft- I was laughing for days after that one, he got slaughtered & kept on about hobbycraft

Gaz got left behind at the services iirc.

SDunne87 drove a Fiat Multipla (this was important for some reason), loved wrestling (there was a 2,000 post thread on the Oggy) and went to Hobbycraft with the family rather than attend City matches. Eventually he back a moderator. He banned Problem Chimp for quoting a line from 'In Bruges' which SDunne87 took as apersonally insult of his children.

Otis

I don't remember the details but one guy got really wound up as the bus back from an away game left early leaving him no time to go to hobbycraft- I was laughing for days after that one, he got slaughtered & kept on about hobbycraft.

Sometimes my better half would ask me- "what are you laughing at", but how the hell do you even try explain it?
Yes, I remember, but for the life of me I can't remember who it was.

Ohh, hang on, was it sdunne?

JimmyHillsbeard

Loved GMK but gotta say I like it here too. Nick does a great job, the site works and we seldom have problems with 'it's only a bit of casual racism' bollocks that used to infect GMK occasionally.

Ring Of Steel

Gaz got left behind at the services iirc.

SDunne87 drove a Fiat Multipla (this was important for some reason), loved wrestling (there was a 2,000 post thread on the Oggy) and went to Hobbycraft with the family rather than attend City matches. Eventually he back a moderator. He banned Problem Chimp for quoting a line from 'In Bruges' which SDunne87 took as apersonally insult of his children.

lol- this is what I mean, try reading that out to someone as justification as to why you're laughing, and people would think you were losing the plot, but if you were there on gmk it all made total (non)sense :) It was like a sitcom

SDunne87, thats it! He spent days justifying why he loved going to hobbycraft

The Great Eastern

Then there was the person who inadvertently insulted Smilers daughter as she was dating another poster on GMK. (was that Curtis ?) Smiler was going to rip his head off and spit down the hole if he could ever have found out who he really was ! Was hilarious to read the obviously quite serious exchanges !

Users who are viewing this thread