Gloucester City vs Cov XI (1 Viewer)

CDK

Amazed at Leon Clarke playing for them ,this CH alabi the triallist is playing far more than the rest of them on trial.

Alkhen

Notes on the game:

Abel Alabi looks OK, very raw. Definitely one for the youth team. Good physicality and in the air. One moment stood out when Leon Clark was holding the ball up and Abel was able to out muscle him and dispossess him. He did look a bit off in terms of positioning and the Goalkeeper Bell was constantly in his ear telling him where he wanted him. Reminded me of Nathan Cameron.

Rus looks very tidy technically, lots of nice turns when receiving the ball. Needs to bulk up a lot.

It was a very young squad and it showed against a mens team. Technically they looked fine just a bit off physically especially in midfield.

Was weird seeing Leon Clarke getting a trial at Gloucester, did nothing of note in 45 mins. Not sure why he would continue if he has to drop that low?

Jordan Young got a deserved MOM was clear he had a point to prove, good luck to him

Gloucester City fan "in peace." Just a thank you to all the Coventry faithful who travelled to us yesterday, only our second match in front of a live crowd since returning to Meadow Park 13 years after the 2007 floods. The "new" stadium is very much a work in progress so apologies for any rough edges. Your guys were a bit underpowered for what was more or less a full strength Gloucester team containing a few gnarly old pros but they stuck to their guns and knocked the ball around nicely, specially in the second half. Like others on this forum I thought your 25 looked a very decent prospect and the 43 too. We are hopeful about Jordan Young We had him and Jack Burroughs on loan last season - Jack was very impressive, looks like you've renewed his contract. But Jordan's also done well so far and at our level could be quite an acquisition. None of us understand the Leon Clarke thing: it's said he lives in Bromsgrove and wants to see out his career playing locally - well good luck with that as our away games include Blyth, Gateshead and all stations North. But then again if he scores 20 goals and makes chances for others I won't be complaining. He didn't exactly over exert himself yesterday. Good luck for the season!

Alkhen

Gloucester City fan "in peace." Just a thank you to all the Coventry faithful who travelled to us yesterday, only our second match in front of a live crowd since returning to Meadow Park 13 years after the 2007 floods. The "new" stadium is very much a work in progress so apologies for any rough edges. Your guys were a bit underpowered for what was more or less a full strength Gloucester team containing a few gnarly old pros but they stuck to their guns and knocked the ball around nicely, specially in the second half. Like others on this forum I thought your 25 looked a very decent prospect and the 43 too. We are hopeful about Jordan Young We had him and Jack Burroughs on loan last season - Jack was very impressive, looks like you've renewed his contract. But Jordan's also done well so far and at our level could be quite an acquisition. None of us understand the Leon Clarke thing: it's said he lives in Bromsgrove and wants to see out his career playing locally - well good luck with that as our away games include Blyth, Gateshead and all stations North. But then again if he scores 20 goals and makes chances for others I won't be complaining. He didn't exactly over exert himself yesterday. Good luck for the season!

I was impressed by the stadium, and a smart move with the pitch. I live over in Stroud so know the Gloucester City story well. Really glad things are looking up for you guys, was terrible luck with the floods, as a Cov fan I know what a pain the ground shares can be.

What happened with the club badge, branding and kits, you guys were the tigers with yellow and black kits when I was going up? Oddly I won a prize as a kid back in the 90s, I sent some kits designs in and the club sent me some tickets and passes for the players lounge. Fond memories!

Will be keeping my eye on results in the coming season.

Users who are viewing this thread