Glass deep in finger (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

Yesterday I decided to investigate a lump on my finger that had a sharp sensation whenever pressure was applied to it.

After googling online I believe its a shard of glass thats deep enough in my finger that I cant get it out with tweezers. I wouldnt be that arsed about it, but when typing on it all day it does cause serious pain.

Any of you had this before, and any of you know any remedies to coax that pesky glass out so I can grab it.

clint van damme

Yesterday I decided to investigate a lump on my finger that had a sharp sensation whenever pressure was applied to it.

After googling online I believe its a shard of glass thats deep enough in my finger that I cant get it out with tweezers. I wouldnt be that arsed about it, but when typing on it all day it does cause serious pain.

Any of you had this before, and any of you know any remedies to coax that pesky glass out so I can grab it.

Years ago I worked in a sawmill. If any one got a deep splinter we'd soak our finger in meths to draw it nearer the surface then get it out. I was always sceptical about how effective this was and no idea if it would work with glass but might be worth a try.

SBT

Put an empty metal dustbin in your garden, put some old fish and chip wrappings in said dustbin, place a plank leaning against dustbin, leave it overnight then on the morning you should have any glass near your house in the dustbin so poor in some thinners and set light to it, problem solved.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Smash your finger with a hammer, thus smashing the splinter into dust in the process.

You're welcome.

Sbarcher

Wrap it in a poultice that should draw it out.

hill83

Weirdly, I had a piece of glass in my finger for easily 5/6 years that I finally managed to get out last month.
It only occasionally caused an issue, but when I did catch it it was agony.

Rich

I always get a sterilised needle and dig deep splinters and the like out. When it's at a certain depth it's not gonna work it's own way out.

Johnnythespider

What you need to do is stick the affected finger into a bottle until it becomes stuck fast, then start a thread titled "finger stuck deep in glass bottle" and I'll be able to help.

Greggs

Put an empty metal dustbin in your garden, put some old fish and chip wrappings in said dustbin, place a plank leaning against dustbin, leave it overnight then on the morning you should have any glass near your house in the dustbin so poor in some thinners and set light to it, problem solved.
i've not got any thinners

Greggs

• hydrogen peroxide.
  • Epsom salt mixed with water.
  • baking soda mixed with water.
  • lavender oil.
  • honey.
  • warm water.
Don't drink them, soak finger in them. Might help to draw the fucker out.

Ccfcisparks

Something has been retrieved from my finger... A THORN! (To clarify, that is the kind that Mother Nature has inflicted on us, not the former CCFC Manager/Scout)

Greggs baking soda trick, combined with Rich’s suggestion of digging with a needle, created a bloody but successful ending to this saga.

Users who are viewing this thread