Giving up on opinions... (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Over the past two weeks I’ve finally realised I know fuck all about football. Literally fuck all..over the season I’ve said
“Don’t rate Ostigard... defensively ok but can’t direct headers”

“Robins doesn’t have the tactical nous to keep up”

“Gyorkeres is shit, he’s worse than Biamou”

keep going Lads - keep making me eat my words

procdoc

Over the past two weeks I’ve finally realised I know fuck all about football. Literally fuck all..over the season I’ve said

We’ve all said stupid things mate, it’s what CCFC do to us!

cov donkey kick

Message boards they make us all out to knowing nothing about what we think we know all about the beautiful game.

Macca

I thought we were done. I was wrong. I love being wrong. What a turnaround, what bottle and grit. MR is close to legendary status

procdoc

I thought we were done. I was wrong. I love being wrong. What a turnaround, what bottle and grit. MR is close to legendary status
I think he’s already there. I had a blip in my faith after the QPR game and I was wrong to doubt him

Brighton Sky Blue

We’ve all said stupid things mate, it’s what CCFC do to us!

The last week we've been in the fucking Twilight Zone, rewind back to last Thursday when the team sheet came out
  • Wilson put in for Marosi, goes on to keep two solid clean sheets and the save of the season tonight
  • Da Costa in at RWB, improves with each game and looks like he's found his homing device
  • Kelly enters his goal of the season contender to be thwarted by Johansson in the half of his life
  • Hyam breaks the net with a first time volley against Barnsley
  • 3 strikers score tonight to double our away win count in a week, after twice being pegged back
All goes back I think to the team meeting held after QPR, whoever led that must have resurrected Churchill on the basis of what we've seen since.

procdoc

The last week we've been in the fucking Twilight Zone, rewind back to last Thursday when the team sheet came out
  • Wilson put in for Marosi, goes on to keep two solid clean sheets and the save of the season tonight
  • Da Costa in at RWB, improves with each game and looks like he's found his homing device
  • Kelly enters his goal of the season contender to be thwarted by Johansson in the half of his life
  • Hyam breaks the net with a first time volley against Barnsley
  • 3 strikers score tonight to double our away win count in a week, after twice being pegged back
All goes back I think to the team meeting held after QPR, whoever led that must have resurrected Churchill on the basis of what we've seen since.
Gary Neville nipped into Ryton for a quick chat with them

Brighton Sky Blue

Gary Neville nipped into Ryton for a quick chat with them

All about having the self-confidence to go anywhere in this league and play for the win. Didn't mind what I saw at Bournemouth, we were trying to do the right things and with more clinical attacking play would have bagged a few.

Evo1883

We will break 65 points next season , keeping with the year on year improvement

(My potentially silly opinion )

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Not many of us can give an objective view, it's too emotive. Long may it continue as this board would be dull without it
Yeah the erratic arguments make it fun 😂 if you haven’t been called an idiot, moron, sisu sympathiser, Council shill or any other derogative name once a day then quite frankly you’ve wasted the day

kg82

With that in mind, how do you feel about the playoffs next year? Be as negative as you like!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

With that in mind, how do you feel about the playoffs next year? Be as negative as you like!
We’ll definitely make the play offs (hoping I’m totally wrong and we’ll have the league wrapped up by February)

that being said I did a predictor last week saying we’d lose to Rotherham and draw to Stoke and Barnsley...

I went on to say we’d beat Preston and Millwall, and drawing to Huddersfield, sonot expecting much on Saturday

SBT

As someone who couldn't watch the game tonight, I feel confident that my opinions about Gyokeres being anonymous and Wilson being shit held up just great. What did I miss?

procdoc

As someone who couldn't watch the game tonight, I feel confident that my opinions about Gyokeres being anonymous and Wilson being shit held up just great. What did I miss?
Wilson made the best save I’ve seen in years and Gyo ran them ragged when he come on.

clint van damme

Wilson has definitely made me eat my words after a couple of poor performances earlier in the season. But I still think we need a more commanding keeper as priority.

RegiswasGod

More than happy to eat my words on some of this. I feel our rantings were at times justified; the negative tactics and strange team selections were our downfall in a number of matches. But the turnaround has been stark and astonishing. Fair play to Robins and the players for the way they've turned this season on it's head. If we can go the rest of this season unbeaten and then box clever in the transfer market, this will give us a positive platform to start next season.

Otis

Not many of us can give an objective view, it's too emotive. Long may it continue as this board would be dull without it
So much goes on behind the scenes and we don't see what is going on, on the training ground. This is why I don't get annoyed at team selections.
So, you see the likes of say Hamer playing instead of Sheaf etc and I just wonder if they weren't showing enough in training. I just accept the management team know better. Depends on the manager though of course. You have to have faith in him in order to accept stuff.

We also see players on the bench who we think should be playing, but you never know if they are carrying a bit of a knock and maybe the manager doesn't wish to risk them for the full 90 mins.

So, for me, I think I hardly ever mention about lineups when they come out. Even if they look odd, I always think there must be some logic behind the apparent madness.

I have had faith in McCallum and O'Hare and Godden and Walker and Hamer all season long, but have had constant doubts about McFazdean and Hyam and I still don't think Biamou is good enough for the Championship.

I am not sure Kelly is either. Not to compete at the higher end of the division.

We all have opinions on players, but some this season have been way OTT I think. Especially on the likes of Walker and O'Hare.

Seems to me though, we need pace at the back and pace up front. Two key areas.

Otis

I think QPR was so bad there was no excuse anyone could make. That said it was a truly bizarre selection
We did go a goal down within a minute though didn't we. I don't think that comes down to team selection. Robins clearly had a plan, but that was undone barely before we had even kicked off.

Brighton Sky Blue

We did go a goal down within a minute though didn't we. I don't think that comes down to team selection. Robins clearly had a plan, but that was undone barely before we had even kicked off.

Perhaps, but the same happened at Bournemouth and while outmatched we didn’t look like we’d given up. That’s what concerned me most at QPR, they looked passively accepting of what was going on.

procdoc

Perhaps, but the same happened at Bournemouth and while outmatched we didn’t look like we’d given up. That’s what concerned me most at QPR, they looked passively accepting of what was going on.
That’s why they had a massive meeting after the game, probably said a few home truths and ever since we have looked a determined beast. The Bournemouth game we didn’t do anything inherently wrong, just got outclassed by a team on fire

fatso

Fair play to you mate, at least your not one of the bell ends who waits till game 43 to have a pop at fans who gave opinions at christmas!

Users who are viewing this thread