GIVE JOE HIS DUE - He deserves it (1 Viewer)

McGoldrick is scoring for fun, Woodie is our Braveheart, we are winning games, MR is our saviour BUT spare a huge thought for our unsung hero: yes Joe Murphy.

JM is pulling off magnificent saves each week and is much improved from last season accumulating points that win games where previously games would have been lost.

Keep it up Joe you're a star !!!

Last edited:

Davo

McGoldrich is scoring for fun, Woodie is our Braveheart, we are winning games, MR is our saviour BUT spare a huge thought for our unsung hero: yes Joe Murphy.

JM is pulling off magnificent saves each week and is much improved from last season accumulating points that win games where previously games would have been lost.

But what about Dunn? He should be given a chance??!

(I've no idea why, as murphy, as you say is doing fine and Dunn is unproven, but I'm jumping on the 'hate Murphy' bandwagon for no apparent reason)

wingy

McGoldrich is scoring for fun, Woodie is our Braveheart, we are winning games, MR is our saviour BUT spare a huge thought for our unsung hero: yes Joe Murphy.

I think you can see he's upped his game in the last four or five from a decent benchmark ,he's become far more commanding ,a change in coaching possibly?? The knee's on the mend JR???:p

pusbccfc

Finally some recognition!!
He's made some fine saves this season!

He makes far less mistakes than anyone else in the team, but always gets shot down.

Lamptey

Never really been taken by Murphy, but I think he is one of these players who if was to leave tommorow we would really miss him and go on how good he was. Superb on Tuesday night.

There has been a few occasions this season that i can remember where he has made a cracking save, then we have gone up the other end and scored. Which obviously would not have happened if he had not made the save.
Plus on Tuesday night he came out for more and got a couple of good punches on the ball, which he didn't seem to do before.
I have always thought he is a great shot stopper, but does not seem to come out for catches or punches on corners & crosses, but like i said he did that as well on Tuesday.
So well played Joe.

Bertola

He was excellent on Tuesday, and has improved a lot since Robins has come in, and talked about holding players accountable for their actions, and needing to make braver decisions.

I've slagged him off in the past, and maybe he was a victim of the slack attitude at the club, but recently he has performed a hell of a lot better.

Hope he can keep it up

I think you can see he's upped his game in the last four or five from a decent benchmark ,he's become far more commanding ,a change in coaching possibly?? The knee's on the mend JR???:p

Wingy,

I wouldn't wish this on my worse enemy - it's going to be a long painful job

BTW - I made it to the Crawley game thanks to Cloughie

Sky Blue Sheepy

He's been top this season, much more commanding of his area and vocal in terms of instruction as well as the royal rollicking of the defense on more than one occasion.

lordsummerisle

Not a bad keeper, never had a problem with him, always been a lot worse players in other positions to worry about than Murphy in goal.

Do wish he'd catch the fucking ball instead of punching it sometimes though.

Baginton

he been pulling off cracking saves all season, I really dunno why people have been slagging him off:facepalm:

Maybe he's trying to break his way back into the Irish set up:whistle::facepalm::p

Ireland's keeper has apparently retired from international football and his back up is spending a fair of time riding the bench for Sunderland - so who is it going to be the current Coventry keeper or the ex Coventry keeper!

Spagbol

I like the distribution as well, we seem to be mixing it up alot more. Alot of short throw outs and also boots when needed.

Very impressed on Tuesday with the distribution to Baker in the dying minutes, which he followed up with that woeful ball:(

But totally agree, improved across the board!!

PUSB

skybluesham

People seem to dislike because of his reactions to conceding a goal or a near miss. Why, surely it shows that he has the desire and hunger to keep a clean sheet which has got to be his first aim.
thought some of his long ball passes (not just clearances) on tues were excellent and was obviously something that has been worked on in training. hes got every right to have a go at defenders or midfielders as hes got the best view of wht is going on in front of him with the shape and positioning etc.

SkyBlueScottie

He's a decent keeper, just been unfortunate follow Westwood

Do you know what, it isnt that at all.

He was the prime example of not taking responsibility of a situation. So many times last year defenders would be chasing a ball back looking to him to accept the backpass, but he would often tell them to put it out for a throw, the worst case of this was when Christie was shifted to left back for 20 or so minutes and told him to clear it with his weakest foot, they promptly took the throw in and scored from the resulting play.

Now since Robins has arrived, he is taking back passes, he is venturing off of his line (punching is fine as long as its away from the goal which most if not all have been) he is helping out his defence. The more he does this, the more confident he is becoming, and the point blank saves are becoming more and more regular and long may it continue for him.

Ash

Have to say he was the only decent player against Brentford the other week, some of his saves were excellent and they (along with some shocking finishes from their forwards) kept it from becoming a cricket score!

TrakiaPlovdiv

I admit, I have been one of Murphy's biggest critics but credit where it is due, his performances have improved dramatically in the last few weeks.

The only dissapointment for me is that it has taken a new Manager to come in to the club to orchestrate this improvement.
His performances in recent games have shown that he is very capable at this level.

Which begs the question. Why now? Under the previous regime his place was not under threat. Now Robbins has come in he has seen that he has had to
up his game or Robbins will quickly bring in a replacement.

It won't do any of the players any harm to be under pressure to play for a first team shirt

wingy

I admit, I have been one of Murphy's biggest critics but credit where it is due, his performances have improved dramatically in the last few weeks.

The only dissapointment for me is that it has taken a new Manager to come in to the club to orchestrate this improvement.
His performances in recent games have shown that he is very capable at this level.

Which begs the question. Why now? Under the previous regime his place was not under threat. Now Robbins has come in he has seen that he has had to
up his game or Robbins will quickly bring in a replacement.

It won't do any of the players any harm to be under pressure to play for a first team shirt

Or after being coached by Oggy,MR has imposed a different set up re;defensive systems and Joe is now encouraged to dominate his box rather than stay on the line ,just an oppinion of course but possible.

Mucca Mad Boys

Do you know what, it isnt that at all.

He was the prime example of not taking responsibility of a situation. So many times last year defenders would be chasing a ball back looking to him to accept the backpass, but he would often tell them to put it out for a throw, the worst case of this was when Christie was shifted to left back for 20 or so minutes and told him to clear it with his weakest foot, they promptly took the throw in and scored from the resulting play.

Now since Robins has arrived, he is taking back passes, he is venturing off of his line (punching is fine as long as its away from the goal which most if not all have been) he is helping out his defence. The more he does this, the more confident he is becoming, and the point blank saves are becoming more and more regular and long may it continue for him.

That Christie scenario... I think the defence are to blame as they allowed that chance to happen, just coincidence that they scored from that throw in!

Users who are viewing this thread