Match Thread Gillingham v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 24th Sep (5 Viewers)

covcity4life

heres hoping for a win but would take a draw

yes we aint won yet but lets not pretend we are losing loads. away draws will be ok once we start supplementing them with home wins. we are not far off doing that in near future imo

but i feel we can win this one

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

yes we aint won yet but lets not pretend we are losing loads. away draws will be ok once we start supplementing them with home wins. we are not far off doing that in near future imo

You've just said on another thread that you haven't been to any games this season, how do you know we are not far off?

Your eternal optimism in pre season to now is baffling. If you went on Saturday you'd realise how fucked we are right now.

covcity4life

You've just said on another thread that you haven't been to any games this season, how do you know we are not far off?

Your eternal optimism in pre season to now is baffling. If you went on Saturday you'd realise how fucked we are right now.

im goign ourly by extended highlights and match stats/reports etc. as you say i am not pretending i have been to games etc

just think we will be ok

will go wimbledon game and see for myself

JeffB

Gillingham sort of mirror us! Last season went to pieces at the same time as us and haven't really recovered. I think it will be a draw. I think we will need to score to get a draw. I am going for 1-1.

oucho

Gills fan I spoke to says they are shipping goals for fun. Things have to turn around for us at some point - the run has to end. 2-0 City.

ccfc92

Gills are away to Spurs tonight in the cup, which hopefully will mean fatigue and knocks to deal with Saturday.

1-2 Cov

lifeskyblue

1-1 draw. A good result if we don't lose.
A heavy loss and I can see further calls for TM's head and the grey suits responding. Hope I'm wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covmark

Gills 5 down with 20 to go at spurs. A nice dent in their confidence.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ccfctommy

300 sold as of today the Club have confirmed. We nornmally do a coach from the Parkstone every away game, however lack of interest has caused it to not run this time. My dad and his mate had to go on Sky Blue Army bus...

skybluepm2

Gillingham are no better than Millwall, where we went and arguably should've won the game so I don't think we have anything to fear (despite our poor record there in recent years!). They have also come off the back of a 5-0 pasting at Spurs last night, which has hopefully totally obliterated their confidence as well as leaving them shattered, having chased shadows for 90 minutes!!

My tickets arrived yesterday so no getting out of this one now! Mowbray needs a bit of consistency in his lineups, in both formation and personnel. Go 4-4-2, get back to basics with Sordell and Agyei up top, Reid and Jones in their natural wide positions with McCann and Bigi in the middle. Page and Sterry full backs, Willis and Ricketts centre halves in front of RCC.

At this point, I'm optimistic of gaining a point or sneaking a 1-0 although in reality I can see us succumbing to a sloppy 84th minute goal, having missed a host of chances.

Lose this and winning the Wimbledon game becomes absolutely critical!

Otis

I haven't predicted a single result at all this season. Last year there seemed to be so much more optimism and certainty about.

This season so far you might as well just flip a coin.

Esoterica

I haven't predicted a single result at all this season. Last year there seemed to be so much more optimism and certainty about.

This season so far you might as well just flip a coin.

So that's where we are going wrong, it's a coin with only Lose or Draw on the sides.

oucho

My XI for Sat, assuming that Rose remains unfit. Subs: Burge, Ricketts, Harries, Gad, Reid, Tudgay, Wright.

Attachments

• gills team.PNG
    gills team.PNG
    212.3 KB · Views: 30

Esoterica

Pre-match interview to go like this, with Geoff not asking any of the right questions and TM again sounding as knowledgable about running a football team as Ken Dulieu in a Mowbray mask:

Geoff: Difficult week off the pitch for the club this week Tony?
Tony: Not really, I leave all that kind of stuff to Mark Venus.
Geoff: Ok, and how have things been in training during the week?
Tony: Really good, we had an extra afternoon now we have the full squad together and we decided to sit them down, finally introduce ourselves and try and get the players to all learn each other's names. I just felt that was important to us as a club at this point. We only actually trained on two mornings this week as compensation, as I didn't want to overload them.
Geoff: Luciano Becchio has been training with us this week, is he close to signing a contract?
Mowbray: Unfortunately for Luciano, even though he's only played 15 times in 3 years and had no pre-season, wasn't at the fitness levels we need. Plus I utilised my available budget on Name Tags for the training exercise.
Geoff: Ok, and looking forward to the Gillingham game, will you be sticking with 4-4-2 away from home?
Mowbray: I think so Geoff, I'm still teaching some of them how to play in that formation but Jordan Willis is already able to tie his own shoelaces so we're making good progress.
Geoff: Ok and confident of getting a result?
Mowbray: I think so Geoff, I've reminded the lads that we got a 0-0 there last year and even though it's a completely new squad, I've asked them to remember how they played because we were unlucky not to nick it.
Geoff: Ok, and any team news?
Mowbray: Well I don't want to give too much away yet but I'll definitely be making at least 6 unforced changes to the line up and playing a minimum of 3 players out of position over the course of the match.
Geoff: Ok. Thanks Tony. xxx

Last edited:

Suffolkskyblue

I'll be there with 2 others, believe it's pay on the gate - hope so anyway! Going for a 2-1 win, forever hopeful that the season will turn round for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oucho

Pre-match interview to go like this, with Geoff not asking any of the right questions and TM again sounding as knowledgable about running a football team as Ken Dulieu in a Mowbray mask:

Geoff: Difficult week off the pitch for the club this week Tony?
Tony: Not really, I leave all that kind of stuff to Mark Venus.
Geoff: Ok, and how have things been in training during the week?
Tony: Really good, we had an extra afternoon now we have the full squad together and we decided to sit them down, finally introduce ourselves and try and get the players to all learn each other's names. I just felt that was important to us as a club at this point. We only actually trained on two mornings this week as compensation, as I didn't want to overload them.
Geoff: Luciano Becchio has been training with us this week, is he close to signing a contract?
Mowbray: Unfortunately for Luciano, even though he's only played 15 times in 3 years and had no pre-season, wasn't at the fitness levels we need. Plus I utilised my available budget on Name Tags for the training exercise.
Geoff: Ok, and looking forward to the Gillingham game, will you be sticking with 4-4-2 away from home?
Mowbray: I think so Geoff, I'm still teaching some of them how to play in that formation but Jordan Willis is already able to tie his own shoelaces so we're making good progress.
Geoff: Ok and confident of getting a result?
Mowbray: I think so Geoff, I've reminded the lads that we got a 0-0 there last year and even though it's a completely new squad, I've asked them to remember how they played because we were unlucky not to nick it.
Geoff: Ok, and any team news?
Mowbray: Well I don't want to give too much away yet but I'll definitely be making at least 6 unforced changes to the line up and playing a minimum of 3 players out of position over the course of the match.
Geoff: Ok. Thanks Tony. xxx

mmwwahahahahaaha!!!

post of the year. thank you.

letsallsingtogether

I'll take the draw we will be ok.
You really are a clown.

Has to be a win we are getting stuck at the bottom.
BTW Don't bother going to Wimbledon it will show you that all those highlights you have seen are bollocks!
Any way 1-0 City win....

oucho

You really are a clown. Has to be a win we are getting stuck at the bottom.
100% agree LAST. We've not won all season, only scored 3 goals, bottom of the league...meanwhile Gills have conceded more goals than any team in this division. Who the hell would be happy with a draw here???

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
...Easy victory...double our league goals...I've got the champers on ice...:D

Oh hang on, I remember last week...0-0...warm lager again...:bawling:

covcity4life

You really are a clown.

Has to be a win we are getting stuck at the bottom.
BTW Don't bother going to Wimbledon it will show you that all those highlights you have seen are bollocks!
Any way 1-0 City win....

if you think we are in a relegation battle then we dont NEED to win. we wont get relegated with a loss on saturday

you cannot have it both ways,stop dealing in extremes.

weill be just fine you watch :)

letsallsingtogether

if you think we are in a relegation battle then we dont NEED to win. we wont get relegated with a loss on saturday

I have

I have been watching that is the problem :(

Generally Midfield

we have to be the only club where we struggle to keep a match day thread on the first page of the main club forum

Probably a sign of how things are. I'm not going tomorrow. After Millwall I thought we were getting on track but last week was poor and sad to say I can't see anything other than us losing. But this is City and I'll be very happy to be wrong!

bawtryneal

So, it's Saturday morning and my last day in Cyprus. Heading home tomorrow. After all the weeks doom and gloom I have woken up with my "Skyblue positive head" on and looking forward to listening to the match on Skyblue player. Just praying that Geoff Foster will not be commentating.
Think we will sneak a win today.
See you all up the Ricoh on Wednesday night. After last Saturday was never going again but must be in my blood.
PUSB and SOTV.
Get behind the lads today and sing your hearts out with positive chants.

Users who are viewing this thread