Gillingham Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

ccfc_Tom

Eccles motm. So many missed chances. Keeper looked a solid back up, didnt have to do a lot but did the basics well. Mason got forward well.

speedie87

Bilson spectator during match absolute nightmare Peter Shelton style on pens
Dabo 7 just pacing himself
Rose 6 marked down for pen and pen
Drysdale 8 assured
Thompson 6 poor late in 2nd half
Mason 6 good cross for goal piss poor tackle led to equaliser
Sheaf 9 class
Eccles 8 decent
Bagapa 7 lively
Baka 6 got tos core first half
Walker 6 disappointing got to score first half

SleepyGinger

Billson 6- didn’t have a save of note to make but a couple of good punches/catches. Didn’t cover himself in glory for the pens

Dabo 6- good to see him get 75 mins steady but tired towards the end

Rose 5- not his best game. Good to get 90 mins

Drysdale 8- love how he drives into the space, good at passing between the lines to midfield, played well.

Thompson 7- thought he was finished here but played well and seems to have taken over Williams in pecking order

Mason 7- looked much better going forward but mistake for the goal. Good assist

Sheaf 7- great set pieces and very good passing range, little bit sloppy in possession a couple of times but can see he will fit our system very well

Eccles 8- always showing for the ball, hardly misplaced a pass, great ball to mason for the goal. Happy with him as 4th choice CDM.

Bapaga 8- really lively, goes past players with ease, good pass to Walker for the chance he missed. Still got filling out to do. Big future.

Bakayoko 5-worked hard as always and caused them a few problems, seemed to be dropping too deep at times. Should of scored

Walker 6- can tell he’s a bit rusty, can see the player in him but would stick with him as sub for godden for a while.

Biamou 7- brilliant header, as long as he’s happy to be 4th choice then I’d keep him around.

larry_david

I would moan at some of their decision making but I just paid £10 to watch that so glass houses and stones
I had a tenner on us in play so my decision making needs to be questioned. Although I justify it as we should have won that by 3

Blind-Faith

Bilson - 6 did the basics well, regarding the pens I think he was standing his ground to try and save the penalty hoping it would be closer to him

Dabo 7 solid come back

Rose 5 gave a pen away and then missed one

Drysdale 8 looks a class act, really like him!

Thompson 7 he looks like one of those clumsy footballers but was solid, just a few mistakes late on

Mason -6.5 first 80 minutes 8 and the last 10 Minutes 5

Sheaf 8 he’s going to be a good player , use of both feet very impressive and has a touch of class about him

Eccles 8 MOTM , all this talk of needing another dcm on loan, we don’t need one! We have this lad

Bagapa 7 lots and lots of potential, hope he’s not injured to badly

Baka 6 has to put that one away, but did put himself about, atleast the effort was there

Walker 5 same as Baka in he needs to score that chance , looked very rusty and a bit off the pace. I’d put that down to lack of game time so not to worries about it atm

fernandopartridge

Bilston 6
Rose 5 (can't excuse such indiscipline from one of the more experienced players exacerbated by a poor pen)
Drysdale 7
Thompson 7
Dabo 7
Mason 6 (-1 for their goal, naivety)
Eccles 7
Sheaf 7
Bapaga 7
Baka 6
Walker 6 (very rusty)

Subs
Biamou 6.5 (scored then pretty much vanished)
Burroughs 6

stupot07

Bilson 6
Dabo 6
Rose 6
Drysdale 8
Thompson 7
Mason 7
Sheaf 7
Eccles 8.5
Bapaga 8
Baka 5
Walker 6

Subs
Biamou 7
Burroughs 6

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

mark82

Billson - 6 - Didn't have a lot to do in all honesty.

Dabo - 6 - Looks short on minutes but good to see him back.

Rose - 5 - Like Dabo, looks a bit rusty. Bad decision making for their penalty.

Drysdale -7 - Again, looks a decent backup option. Good on the ball.

Thompson - 7 - Looked solid enough.

Mason - 6 - Good cross for the goal. Apart from last minute mistake didn't do much wrong.

Sheaf - 8 - looks a classy player. Hopefully will start Friday.

Eccles - 8 - very good. Hopefully he can take a step up this year. Would maybe loan him to league one for game time, certainly looks the part.

Bapaga - 8 - 17 years old and looks an incredible talent already.

Bakayoko - 6 - Did ok, ran the channels well. Should've scored.

Walker - 5 - Like Baka, should've scored. Everything seemed to just bounce off him to an opponent 10 yards away. Doesn't look match sharp yet.

Biamou - 7 - Came on. Scored what should have been the winning goal. Always think he gives us something a bit different when he comes on - a focal point.

Burroughs - n/a

harvey098

Biamou 7- brilliant header, as long as he’s happy to be 4th choice then I’d keep him around.

You’re right in that biamou clearly is considered 4th choice but I just don’t get how. He finished the season ahead of Baka, I don’t know what happened in the off season that suddenly saw him relegated in status

Sky Blue Pete

Eccles was excellent. The speed of his passing and the accuracy was brilliant. Real shining light. Walker and Baka missed chances won’t have helped confidence. Rose passing was excellent too.

Really need a result on Friday to get the season up and running.

Lots of positives all be it not the win we deserved

ccfcway

keeper - ok apart from pens
defence - great apart from the end
Midfield - dominated
up front - poor until max came on

fatso

Eccles had a very good game, I think he could save us some money.
Baka and Biamou can be moved on, (and kastaneer) and another striker brought in.

shmmeee

Bilson - 6: Did the little he had to do well, seemed comfortable with the ball. Was slow for pens but will let him off on his pro debut.

Rose - 5: Cost the game. Silly foul for the pen and poor pen in the shootout. Arguably the least stand out of the three. Not match fit yet.

Drysdale - 8: Looked excellent bringing the ball out with a couple of great runs forward. Assured in defence, his best game since the Rangers match, looked a capable back up.

Thompson - 8: Really surprised me. Looked very good on the ball and assured in defence. Thought he looked a decent prospect today, hope he carries on in the vein.

Dabo - 7: Excellent first 60 mins. Tired towards the end but my god we’ve missed him on the right.

Sheaf- 7: Looked classy, two good feet and some lovely passes.

Eccles - 8: Another surprise, has got excellent players in the squad in his position to learn from and looked as good as Sheaf at times. I’ve said he should go out on loan but I was wrong. He’s developing nicely.

Mason - 6: Some outstanding crosses in including the assist, good defensively but just lacks that forward mindset Dabo and Giles have to push us forward. A couple of times you wanted him to beat his man and get down the line and he checked back instead.

Bapaga - 7: Still raw but an exciting talent. Needs to watch how easy he is to wind up and bulk out and he’ll be some player.

Baka - 7: Should have scored, some great link play and he was everywhere at times.

Walker - 5: Poor. Touch isn’t there yet, running isn’t there yet. He’ll get better but if I were Godden I wouldn’t be worried right now.

Max - 6: He scored. Not sure he did much else. Passing was poor a few times slowing down the attack and lack of pace let him down a couple of times. Looked a level below the rest of the team technically.

Burroughs - N/A

Saw lots of positives tonight. Good young players, first teamers looking close to ready, a consistent brand of football throughout where players know their jobs.

cc84cov

Bilson - 6: Did the little he had to do well, seemed comfortable with the ball. Was slow for pens but will let him off on his pro debut.

Rose - 5: Cost the game. Silly foul for the pen and poor pen in the shootout. Arguably the least stand out of the three. Not match fit yet.

Drysdale - 8: Looked excellent bringing the ball out with a couple of great runs forward. Assured in defence, his best game since the Rangers match, looked a capable back up.

Thompson - 8: Really surprised me. Looked very good on the ball and assured in defence. Thought he looked a decent prospect today, hope he carries on in the vein.

Dabo - 7: Excellent first 60 mins. Tired towards the end but my god we’ve missed him on the right.

Sheaf- 7: Looked classy, two good feet and some lovely passes.

Eccles - 8: Another surprise, has got excellent players in the squad in his position to learn from and looked as good as Sheaf at times. I’ve said he should go out on loan but I was wrong. He’s developing nicely.

Mason - 6: Some outstanding crosses in including the assist, good defensively but just lacks that forward mindset Dabo and Giles have to push us forward. A couple of times you wanted him to beat his man and get down the line and he checked back instead.

Bapaga - 7: Still raw but an exciting talent. Needs to watch how easy he is to wind up and bulk out and he’ll be some player.

Baka - 7: Should have scored, some great link play and he was everywhere at times.

Walker - 5: Poor. Touch isn’t there yet, running isn’t there yet. He’ll get better but if I were Godden I wouldn’t be worried right now.

Max - 6: He scored. Not sure he did much else. Passing was poor a few times slowing down the attack and lack of pace let him down a couple of times. Looked a level below the rest of the team technically.

Burroughs - N/A

Saw lots of positives tonight. Good young players, first teamers looking close to ready, a consistent brand of football throughout where players know their jobs.
You’ve given Thompson 8 but Dabo 7 ? Can’t say I agree with that one mate Eccles defo worthy of a 9 also

shmmeee

You’ve given Thompson 8 but Dabo 7 ? Can’t say I agree with that one mate Eccles defo worthy of a 9 also

All about normal levels innit? Thompson has an 8 for Thompson, it was the best I’ve seen him play for us. Dabo had a decent game for Dabo, but we know there’ll be more to come.

Mucca Mad Boys

All about normal levels innit? Thompson has an 8 for Thompson, it was the best I’ve seen him play for us. Dabo had a decent game for Dabo, but we know there’ll be more to come.

Thompson had a couple of dodgy moments in the last 10-15. Overall, he handled himself well in an unfavored role on the left of the 3 centre backs.

I don't want to be doom and gloom about this result. Had there been ET, we would have probably won the game.

larry_david

Similarly if we'd won on pens we'd say good perforce, shocking error at the end but deserved to get away with it.

Evans won't believe his luck tonight

Users who are viewing this thread