Gillingham match thread (1 Viewer)

Samo

I will bow to your superior knowledge of the game seeing as I didn't play at a good standard of football against good teams like Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Dunfermline, Hibs, Motherwell, and Wolves first team including Britains second Million pound player Steve Kindon, Kenny Wagstaffe, Kenny Hibbert, Phil Parkes in goal,etc,etc,etc at Cov Sporting, or play in the FA Cup, against Tranmere, and Peterborough............ Oh wait a minute! ;)

At least this confirms the belief that footballers are not the brightest. :D

Terry Gibson's perm

I will say this, he's a nice guy but all elbows on the pitch, cut me under the left eye, but no hard feelings towards him. Glad we were playing these guys as they were all making comebacks from injuries and at different stages of recovery, and we drew 3-3, and I'm proud to say Kindon didn't score(I was marking him) ;)

I can't really remember what he was like but didn't elbow me off the dubbed do good in my eyes and I was quite young at the time and didn't know who he was but my dad knew him.

I played in the same side as James Quinn the old blues and Blackpool striker and in different teams Maddison's dad and the Kelly Evans's dad and Ronnie Farmers son.

Gazolba

So the only player we had on the bench who could come on and make a difference was a player earlier deemed too exhausted to start - and yet 45 minutes later he was thrown on anyway. Why is Cole on the bench? Why is Fortune on the bench?

SkyBlue_Bear83

So the only player we had on the bench who could come on and make a difference was a player earlier deemed too exhausted to start - and yet 45 minutes later he was thrown on anyway. Why is Cole on the bench? Why is Fortune on the bench?
I'd say Cole and Fortune are players to come on when you are winning and want to see the game out. You bring them onto slow the play down, Fortune to hold it up of upfront and Cole to give us a bit of control and composure to see the game out.

Neither players now are ones you would particularly look to when in need of a goal.

Gazolba

My report on today's draw with Gillingham is now available to read here...

https://mattyroper.wordpress.com/2016/04/02/gillingham-0-0-coventry-city/

PUSB

You can check out my blog here - mattyroper.wordpress.com

Not a bad article but spoiled by lack of proof-reading. There are a number of errors in the text. Players name spelt wrong (Bigirimina) etc.

"The referee got proceedings underway" - shouldn't it be one of the teams?

"Jodi Jones was a bright spark yet again until he was substitutes"

"The forward was then left with only Nelson to beat but he couldn’t direct his strike onto the bar from 10 yards"

"the ball fell fortuously back into the Burundi international’s path." (spelling error)

"one of those games of football whereby either side could have grabbed a winner" ('whereby' grammatically incorrect)

"Clearly, The Latics will be a tough side" (the)

Sky Blue Kid

You did also say there were 20.000 at Highfield road in the Cup and it turned out to be 8,000 so it's fair to say your memory probably isn't what it was.

How much was it again...You know... the amount of those Dann, Fox, and Turner, transfers that the website "Estimated" that you portrayed as "Factual Figures" on this forum again?

Ian1779

Not a bad article but spoiled by lack of proof-reading. There are a number of errors in the text. Players name spelt wrong (Bigirimina) etc.

"The forward was then left with only Nelson to beat but he couldn’t direct his strike onto the bar from 10 yards"

"the ball fell fortuously back into the Burundi international’s path." (spelling error)

"one of those games of football whereby either side could have grabbed a winner" ('whereby' grammatically incorrect)

Jeez man - give the lad a break. He's churned it out pretty much after the game

fernandopartridge

The referee does get the game underway, his whistle starts the game you sanctimonious sausage.

ccfcway

the good news is, we will be able to sing "we are top (of the 2nd half of the league), say we are top (of the 2nd half of the league)"

Users who are viewing this thread