Match Thread Gillingham Away (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Not at all bothered about losing that and I don't think Robins will be either.

Bigger picture, I don’t think Robins cares that much. However, you look at how we dominated the game, the opposition didn’t offer much, yet we somehow threw it away - he’ll be annoyed by that.

Quality minutes for Dabo, Rose, Sheaf, Walker (and more) is a good thing.

Essexrobbie

Cant honestly see the point in this cup, other than giving the reserves a run out. With no gate receipts coming in its more cost going out of the club to turn on flood lights and travel to away games. Wolves or stoke will play their reserves next round to, and none of the prem clubs put out decent sides until they get to the semi final anyway.

Covstu

Don’t care about going out but annoyed at the lack of ability to convert chances. Bossed the game and threw it away

Tommo1993

Ok then, if you give a penalty every time a defender holds a players shirt you will have double figures penalties a game.

There was not enough there to make the attacker fall over.

Still I don't know what rules you are playing with.

Shirt pulling is an offence. Said offence happened in the penalty area.

Not Gillingham’s fault the ref picked it right out of the rule book.

larry_david

The Mason bottle tackle reminded me of grimmer vs County on the home leg when he slide in that massive puddle and missed the ball completely. Mason came piling in, then stopped and jumped out the way. His fault I'm afraid.

Monners

Disappointing to lose of course, but another decent performance. Once the shooting boots are on we will be fine.

Tommo1993

sound tommeh we'll give pens every time it happens it'll be like a rugby score.

you are never knowingly right

You must’ve never seen a penalty given for shirt pulling. Football isn’t your thing, it’s okay. These aren’t my rules, they’re the FA’s. Get over it.

cc84cov

Godden has immense pressure on him this season he will be the difference in us staying up we need him to have a blinder
Of a season,

“if only we took our chances we would of won” same story against Bristol

Mucca Mad Boys

Mason is too small and weak been saying it since the Rotherham game his times up here robins just needs to get another in to move him out as we are short there

That played no role in the goal being conceded.

oscillatewildly

Can I be the first to say, now we can concentrate on the league?
Well, I think the players were already gearing up for that before conceding that deep IT penalty equaliser.
Sloppy.
I'm tempted to say this result won't define our season but the low goal scoring per game appears to be a theme.
Disappointing if only for the opportunity to further and collect more prize money.

larry_david

I thought we were seeing the game out really well. Mix of attacking and playing it around. Alarm bells on about 87. Mason threw it to JT who wasn't looking. Then it went wrong.

If we'd seen that out MR would say iit was a composed, controlled performance. As it is, well it's a lesson

BornSlippySkyBlue

Mason is too small and weak been saying it since the Rotherham game his times up here robins just needs to get another in to move him out as we are short there
Don’t get the constant berating of Mason. He started last season as first choice, none of us were saying he should be replaced (quite the opposite as memory serves) and then McCallum broke through. Mason has always done a job when asked, and has made the occasional error (possibly because he is a human being), and now he’s not even good enough as a back up. Apparently.

He didn’t have his best game tonight (in fact I can’t remember him having many worse games) yet he still wasn’t ‘that’ bad. Ok, he bottled a challenge, bollocking behind closed doors (heard that phrase before) and work on it in training.

If people think we’re getting a better second choice left defender than Mason I’d love to know where the money is coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread