Giles (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

I’ve been looking at things in training and the other day he was absolutely unbelievable on the right, that’s his natural position, on the right or left, he’s played as a number 10 and wing-back is a position he’s played since Nuno Espirito Santo went in Wolves and play the formation that they play.
Thanks Mark

Magwitch

He looked a natural midfielder tonight and remember this was his first in midfield for us. That left foot of his is like a wand he will bag goals I’m certain of that.

larry_david

It sorta worked. I think he looked better on the left, he did their guy a treat who then pushed him over. Work in progress is Giles but he has pace and if Hamer had played him in properly first half he was one on one. Instead it was 5 yards heavy and forced him wide

Samo

Oh my god, a player played out of position!
Write to your MP, jump up and down, sack Robins, boycott the club, pray to your god!
This cannot happen! It does not compute!
Aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!

Jamesimus

It sorta worked. I think he looked better on the left, he did their guy a treat who then pushed him over. Work in progress is Giles but he has pace and if Hamer had played him in properly first half he was one on one. Instead it was 5 yards heavy and forced him wide

This. He defo looked better on the left.

Magwitch

Oh my god, a player played out of position!
Write to your MP, jump up and down, sack Robins, boycott the club, pray to your god!
This cannot happen! It does not compute!
Aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!
I’m not so sure where he started last night is out of position depends on whether we play back three or back four.

stupot07

I thought he offered little when he was on the right but looked much better on the left.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SBT

I think he's a much better winger (on either flank) than he is a LWB. Played on the wing for most of last season and did great by most accounts - we're experimenting with him as a wing back partly as a favour to Wolves, can't be too surprised or upset if it doesn't fully work out. The idea that he could play as a 10 was really never that outlandish either.

andrew.roberts

Great energy and very pacey but I´m still not altogether convinced. His decision making seems to let him down frequently shown last night when on more than a couple of occasions he went for a shot when the pass was on. Just my opinion chaps.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I’ve been looking at things in training and the other day he was absolutely unbelievable on the right, that’s his natural position, on the right or left, he’s played as a number 10 and wing-back is a position he’s played since Nuno Espirito Santo went in Wolves and play the formation that they play.
Unsure if people hadn't realised this was a Robins quote, so hoping to bump it so those who were saying it was so outrageous get outraged.

edgy

Great energy and very pacey but I´m still not altogether convinced. His decision making seems to let him down frequently shown last night when on more than a couple of occasions he went for a shot when the pass was on. Just my opinion chaps.

Dont forget he's only 20.

Got a lot of potential. A left footer, who can play in a few positions. With time on his side to improve. If given any opportunity, I'd sign him permanently.

cc84cov

Robins saying he used Giles on the right in training and he was unbelievable last week maybe we will see him further forward permanently now

Greggs

Robins saying he used Giles on the right in training and he was unbelievable last week maybe we will see him further forward permanently now
No chance. Nuno Espitio Sanchez says he has to play LWB and LWB only. That's a fact

cc84cov

No chance. Nuno Espitio Sanchez says he has to play LWB and LWB only. That's a fact
Doubt we’ve agreed to that term tbh hence why he was right wing last night & let’s face it he’s never getting near their first team and will probably end up here permanently after this season and his contract ends there

Greggs

Doubt we’ve agreed to that term tbh hence why he was right wing last night & let’s face it he’s never getting near their first team and will probably end up here permanently after this season and his contract ends there
I thought we'd decided that it's impossible for players to play in different positions thoough?

Hertsccfc

I agree with this. There's a lot to like about Giles but I worry about end product in the more forward role. He has had a lot of shots this season but I have never felt he would score. Crossing can be good but is inconsistent.

shmmeee

He’s got a year left after this season

CanadianCCFC

I thought it was just me. I didn't think it worked at all
I think it worked when he was playing left wing/left attacking midfield whatever you want to call it, but not really on the right. Yeah he was a good outlet on both sides but he looked quite uncomfortable cutting inside and shooting (can hardly blame him as he’s a left wingback)

Users who are viewing this thread