Giblet leaving the CET (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

I don't mind Gilbert. Gets a lot of stick that's undeserved really. His book was a great read.

Good luck to him.

Esoterica

This was the sticking point in the new contract agreement at the Ricoh with Boddy playing hardball over it, forcing Wasps to prove just how far their reach into the CT goes.
giphy.gif

hill83

Don’t really give a shit to be honest, but good luck to him of course.

oucho

It does make you wonder whether the CT will have any staff soon.

This is a trend repeated elsewhere; my local rag, the Lincolnshire Echo, used to have dozens of staff. Now it has 3; the rest of the work gets done by people paid on a hourly basis or by people on part-time contracts contributing photography, copywriting, design etc.

There's just no money in local news to pay actual journalists to do actual reporting, which is a shame as there's a lot going on. Take Coventry....I'm not one of the CT-bashers but in particular in summer 2016 their football output was pathetic, every day it was headlines like "Mark Venus happy to bide time in transfer market", "Mowbray lines up his target list" etc. No actual news, although there must have been some. Same with the Ricoh/Wasps rent deal....we know things are going on behind the scenes, but the CT haven't done their job in ferretting out what's going on. No wonder fewer and fewer people read their stories.

shmmeee

his replacement.

To be fair, Andy Turner never seemed to get any shit, well none of the CT journos did. Not sure if it’s because all the Sisu bollocks wasn’t about or because the CT was an actual paper and not My First Buzzfeed. Probably a bit of both.

clint van damme

To be fair, Andy Turner never seemed to get any shit, well none of the CT journos did. Not sure if it’s because all the Sisu bollocks wasn’t about or because the CT was an actual paper and not My First Buzzfeed. Probably a bit of both.

think his warning about posting CET content on here when he clearly did the reverse was a tad hypocritical as well.
I wish him all the best however.

Users who are viewing this thread