Getting us back to the Ricoh remains simple (1 Viewer)

simple_simon

Oh Michael. And there was me thinking that you’d grown tired of all the spin and moved on from trying to misrepresent other people’s views.

I am loath to write more as you do seem to have this habit of cherry-picking a few choice words of mine, removing the context and then spinning off and then when I go into some depth to reply and try and engage in a discussion – so we could maybe find some common ground and work together…fans unity and all that – you disappear off and we don’t really move forward.

However, here I am still, asking you to read what I write here and try an engage in a discussion or at least give a reason why not. (Unless your only motive for pulling out a distorted view is a ham-fisted attempt to pull a ‘here’s an extremist view’ &/or ‘it’s depressing that fans could think this’ trick in tomorrow’s Sunday sermon email.)

You’ve picked 7 words out of over 700 I wrote yesterday as part of a reasonable discussion between schmeee, myself and a few other posters.

For starters, I didn’t ‘reject’ it and I have offered many other options for negotiation. At least try and attempt to have a fair discussion and use the words I write in context:

“Sticking to only having a rental deal offer just seems to be trotting out the same Council-favoured deal that Sisu aren't going even consider.”

You’ve also completely ignored the other 700+ words I wrote including the sentence that followed the one you lifted from, where I actually say I agree with you!

“I completely agree that accepting a rent deal would be the quickest way to get us back to the Ricoh but it does not, based on all of the recent history and available evidence as to motives, seem remotely likely to happen.”

Apart from the already discussed issue of Sisu not wanting to support ACL in any way, the simple reason that a ‘rent-and-negotiate’ deal won’t fly is because by accepting that deal – no matter how ‘good’ it is to us – they will immediately put themselves in a weaker negotiating position. No organization, be they charity, co-operative, council or commercial would willingly do that would they?

It’s like your earlier idea for Joy to just give the club to ‘the fans’ or the idea from others expecting the council to just give the stadium to Sisu. (I’ve heard this suggested and I totally disagree with the idea!)

They would all get us a speedy return and they might all be ‘good’ for the ‘fans and the team’ but they are all completely impractical no matter how hard people might want to wish for them to happen.

This is why GCBTTR call for negotiations with all options on the table. I won’t re-iterate what I’ve already stated on previous pages about this but I really wish you’d read back through those and then offer some discussion on everything I’ve written – and the comments relating to that from other posters – rather than just misrepresenting what I say. You are better than that and you have the letters after your name to show that you are smarter than that too :)

Let’s play nice, eh?[/

No one trusts FIsher or Labovitch and they need to make the first move to show a willingness to try and get the fans back on side.

Last edited:

Grendel

Do you work for the SISU group?
No one trusts FIsher, Laboivitch or anyone connected to them.

Why do you have multiple identities to post on here?

Astute

Oh Michael. And there was me thinking that you’d grown tired of all the spin and moved on from trying to misrepresent other people’s views.

I am loath to write more as you do seem to have this habit of cherry-picking a few choice words of mine, removing the context and then spinning off and then when I go into some depth to reply and try and engage in a discussion – so we could maybe find some common ground and work together…fans unity and all that – you disappear off and we don’t really move forward.

However, here I am still, asking you to read what I write here and try an engage in a discussion or at least give a reason why not. (Unless your only motive for pulling out a distorted view is a ham-fisted attempt to pull a ‘here’s an extremist view’ &/or ‘it’s depressing that fans could think this’ trick in tomorrow’s Sunday sermon email.)

You’ve picked 7 words out of over 700 I wrote yesterday as part of a reasonable discussion between schmeee, myself and a few other posters.

For starters, I didn’t ‘reject’ it and I have offered many other options for negotiation. At least try and attempt to have a fair discussion and use the words I write in context:

“Sticking to only having a rental deal offer just seems to be trotting out the same Council-favoured deal that Sisu aren't going even consider.”

You’ve also completely ignored the other 700+ words I wrote including the sentence that followed the one you lifted from, where I actually say I agree with you!

“I completely agree that accepting a rent deal would be the quickest way to get us back to the Ricoh but it does not, based on all of the recent history and available evidence as to motives, seem remotely likely to happen.”

Apart from the already discussed issue of Sisu not wanting to support ACL in any way, the simple reason that a ‘rent-and-negotiate’ deal won’t fly is because by accepting that deal – no matter how ‘good’ it is to us – they will immediately put themselves in a weaker negotiating position. No organization, be they charity, co-operative, council or commercial would willingly do that would they?

It’s like your earlier idea for Joy to just give the club to ‘the fans’ or the idea from others expecting the council to just give the stadium to Sisu. (I’ve heard this suggested and I totally disagree with the idea!)

They would all get us a speedy return and they might all be ‘good’ for the ‘fans and the team’ but they are all completely impractical no matter how hard people might want to wish for them to happen.

This is why GCBTTR call for negotiations with all options on the table. I won’t re-iterate what I’ve already stated on previous pages about this but I really wish you’d read back through those and then offer some discussion on everything I’ve written – and the comments relating to that from other posters – rather than just misrepresenting what I say. You are better than that and you have the letters after your name to show that you are smarter than that too :)

Let’s play nice, eh?

So what is there to negotiate when you know that SISU won't accept any sort of rental agreement?

The idea of negotiating is to find a middle ground for everyone. To find something that is of benefit to everyone. Not for one side to give in to every demand. And when an agreement is made for all sides to keep to it. But none of this seems to be the SISU way. So we will be stuck in Northampton for longer.

dongonzalos

Rob due you agree that the club should publicly request a temporary rent deal matching Northampton, whilst they negotiate?

Users who are viewing this thread