Getting media attention. (1 Viewer)

thaiskyblue

lOOKS LIKE NOPM MORE CAMPAIGN IS STARTING TO SINK IN . TALK SPORT LAST NIGHT ( PRESS PASS SHOW ), PLENTY OF CHAT AND COMMENTS LIKE THE FL ARE SERIOUSLY LETTING "COV FANS DOWN ", AND THE MIRROR TODAY IS ANOTHER GOOD ARTICLE LOVE THE BIT AT THE BOTTOM TIMMY IS SAYING HIS USUAL NONSENSE, BUT MIRROR QUOTES " EVEN THE PROMISE OF THIS MANY GOALS WILL NOT CHANGE THE MINDS OF THE MAJORITY THOUGH ".
NOPM, SISU OUT, PUSB

MichaelCCFC

lOOKS LIKE NOPM MORE CAMPAIGN IS STARTING TO SINK IN . TALK SPORT LAST NIGHT ( PRESS PASS SHOW ), PLENTY OF CHAT AND COMMENTS LIKE THE FL ARE SERIOUSLY LETTING "COV FANS DOWN ", AND THE MIRROR TODAY IS ANOTHER GOOD ARTICLE LOVE THE BIT AT THE BOTTOM TIMMY IS SAYING HIS USUAL NONSENSE, BUT MIRROR QUOTES " EVEN THE PROMISE OF THIS MANY GOALS WILL NOT CHANGE THE MINDS OF THE MAJORITY THOUGH ".
NOPM, SISU OUT, PUSB

Cheers, Thai. It's been a long haul working on a lot of fronts: small scale events, big hits like the march and a lot of cultivating relationships with journos but coverage over the weekend was fantastic, and still can't believe Midlands Today broadcast the footage of people laughing at Fisher - priceless! But yeah, at long last the message is getting thru and we r getting massive media and public support

chiefdave

What happens next time there is a game in Northampton but no alternative event?

I see what you're saying but I can't see any huge jump in attendances at Sixfields. Those that wanted to go would have gone and from the sounds of things there were a lot of freebies, I would guess damage limitation knowing the cameras were there expecting a low crowd. There may be a few who will go over but equally there will be people who have already been who will not go every week.

Won't be easy. Living out of the city and in the spirit of NOPM having not renewed my Player sub I won't even be able to listen to the games so it will be following it on here and twitter.

RegTheDonk

What happens next time there is a game in Northampton but no alternative event?

A barbie with the radio on.

... Living out of the city and in the spirit of NOPM having not renewed my Player sub I won't even be able to listen to the games so it will be following it on here and twitter.

Same here dave, my subs run out next month so I'll subscribe to another team (you can still listen to the City).

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

The question was asked in the context of the media campaign. It'll be dead in the water soon enough by the sounds of the responses here.

Warwickhunt

fill the sixfields to bursting point and demonstrate because all the supporters cannot get in

L

longjohnskyblue

Cheers, Thai. It's been a long haul working on a lot of fronts: small scale events, big hits like the march and a lot of cultivating relationships with journos but coverage over the weekend was fantastic, and still can't believe Midlands Today broadcast the footage of people laughing at Fisher - priceless! But yeah, at long last the message is getting thru and we r getting massive media and public support

Certainly ironic, since Jan came out claiming categorically the trust have nothing to do with the campaign! Seems once more their tune is changing to latch on to more successful campaigns!

chiefdave

there's some great stuff in the Daily Mail article (there's a sentence I never thought I'd type!):

"To appease the fans, the club have laid on a coach from Pool Meadow bus station in Coventry to take them the 34 miles to their new home and eventually the Army, which resembles little more than a depleted Company, set off. Including the driver and a club official there are 19 people on board."

"When one of the passengers on the coach is asked if we can take a picture of him he replies: ‘You’d better not, someone might recognise me'"

Users who are viewing this thread