getting left behind already (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

Well I know Preston have completely revamped their squad, don't think many other teams have signed players yet though.

ccfcway

Well I know Preston have completely revamped their squad, don't think many other teams have signed players yet though.

Bournemouth
Brentford
Bury
Chesterfield
Exeter
Hartlepool
Notts Couinty
Oldham
Preston
Rochdale
Scunthorope
Thamere
Wallsall
Yeovil

All signed players in the past week or so...

kg82

Bournemouth
Brentford
Bury
Chesterfield
Exeter
Hartlepool
Notts Couinty
Oldham
Preston
Rochdale
Sc-unithorope
Thamere
Wallsall
Yeovil

All signed players in the past week or so...

How many have they all signed?

Skybluestu

stu , i think kg82 was asking generally and not arguing the point, so you've either misunderstood his question or you have totally over-reacted.

The Rev

Misunderstood it I hope! Suppose I'm so used to people on here actually arguing with there own shadow! My point is still valid tho..... Even if they all sign one, it's probably more than we will!

johnwillomagic

If some are new contracts then you could easily argue we are ahead of the game as we tied up McSheffrey, Bell, Baker & McPake up on new contracts before last season ended!??? Keogh is still under contract and we are discussing terms with Crainie right now, whether we get him to commit is another matter!

Also you have to look at the quality of some of those signings.....Reuben Reid for example has swiched clubs after being released from low/mid table league one side Oldham.....hardly one to make me sit up and take notice......big Ben Burgess very ordinary player, personally would rather we did wait......not that we have much choice at the moment..... and sign quality rather than quantity. As said earlier the season does not start tomorrow it starts in August...let's see where we stand at the end of this month.

ccfcway

Reuban Reid and ben Burgess would both improve our squad

Not in any way saying we should sign them, but when you would rather have reuban Reid than your 2nd choice striker, Sean Jeffers, you know your in trouble

muners

don't want to give off too many negative vibes before the seasons even started but we're already looking like cannon fodder once again. Pants.

Brighton Sky Blue

Reuban Reid and ben Burgess would both improve our squad

Not in any way saying we should sign them, but when you would rather have reuban Reid than your 2nd choice striker, Sean Jeffers, you know your in trouble

He's tussling it out with Roy 'The Goal Machine' O'Donovan for the no. 2 slot. Hibs want ROD as well as McPake, by the way.

skybluegod

yes they may have signed players but i doubt there any good they may have tied down players but there not that great if there signing fot mid table league 1 teams

Sbarcher

I said last July I was alarmed that we were getting left behind. Don't worry threaders said, there's plenty of time. Was there bollocks!! And last year we didn't have an embargo. Let SISU show me the money and I'll show them mine... some hope.

Sky Blue Sheepy

the Transfer window hasn't opened yet. Hopefully we can sort ourselves out and get a few half decent free agents soon. No harm hoping

johnwillomagic

I would argue that in league 1 rod has a better goals to game ratio than Burgess or Reuben Reid.....?? Happy for someone to look it up and prove me wrong mind!

If you are going to be a panic merchant suggest you list all the players signed so we can see if in reality we are getting left behind......imo I

dongonzalos

If some are new contracts then you could easily argue we are ahead of the game as we tied up McSheffrey, Bell, Baker & McPake up on new contracts before last season ended!??? Keogh is still under contract and we are discussing terms with Crainie right now, whether we get him to commit is another matter!

Also you have to look at the quality of some of those signings.....Reuben Reid for example has swiched clubs after being released from low/mid table league one side Oldham.....hardly one to make me sit up and take notice......big Ben Burgess very ordinary player, personally would rather we did wait......not that we have much choice at the moment..... and sign quality rather than quantity. As said earlier the season does not start tomorrow it starts in August...let's see where we stand at the end of this month.

that's what we are doing, waiting to sign quality. Cool, sneaky tactic pretending it is an embargo when really it is a cunning plan. :)

dongonzalos

Ben burgess would be in my 4 strikers he was good for Blackpool in The championship. Prefer him to jefers and Daniels. Younger version of Platt.

Grendel

Ben burgess would be in my 4 strikers he was good for Blackpool in The championship. Prefer him to jefers and Daniels. Younger version of Platt.

He scored 5 goals in 45 for Notts County in League One in two seasons. Far too similar to Clive Platt I think.

dongonzalos

He scored 5 goals in 45 for Notts County in League One in two seasons. Far too similar to Clive Platt I think.

I think his role would be to wreak havoc and hold the ball up for us when we are under pressure.

Do you know what his record was for Blackpool. I genuinely don't know.

Grendel

I think his role would be to wreak havoc and hold the ball up for us when we are under pressure.

Do you know what his record was for Blackpool. I genuinely don't know.

23 in 126 games - we need someone to get that many in a season

dongonzalos

23 in 126 games - we need someone to get that many in a season

I know, fingers crossed cody can. Just also want another striker on the pitch and 2 hungry and experienced ones on the bench and the the likes of jefferes and Daniels as support. Not part of the main boys

ccfcway

I would argue that in league 1 rod has a better goals to game ratio than Burgess or Reuben Reid.....?? Happy for someone to look it up and prove me wrong mind!<br />
<br />
If you are going to be a panic merchant suggest you list all the players signed so we can see if in reality we are getting left behind......imo I
<br />

That would take too long going through each club.

If you don't think we are getting left behind then fine, but already there is debate that Ben burgess is better than what we have (Cody aside) so clearly some of the business being done is making other teams in our league more competitive.
<br />

bulkoskyblue

your spot on ccfcway we are been left behind big time already. i am starting to fear the worst already, even though it is only June! Its the sisu effect i think.:jerkit:

The Reverend Skyblue

Absolutely typical response. Ask a question, get shot down. No wonder I'm posting less on here.

kg82, i did post to stu a couple of posts later than his, that i thought he had misunderstood your question, or he had actually totally over-reacted, but don't post less kg, your definately one of the better posters on here ,so don't lose heart just post more.

The Rev

Users who are viewing this thread