Get rid before next season starts (2 Viewers)

Otis

Go for the squad next season:

GK/RCC
RB/Lorentzson/Kelly Evans
CB/Loan CB/Martin/Willis/Harries
Stokes/Haynes
Vincelot/CM/Lawton CD
Bulgarian Bloke/Rose/Stevenson
Loan RW/Jones/Kelly Evans
AM/Thomas/Bilal
LW/Lameiras
ST/Loan ST/Sambou

7 signings, three loans.
No Rose?

One for the future TM says.

Otis

He's on the list.
Bloody hell! Even looked again after you typed that and still couldn't see him.

Maybe it is this poor sight that stops me from appreciating the greatness of Andy Thorn, people person, man manager, visionary.

steve82

He has improved immensely as the season has gone on.
It was a mistake by TM not to get in an experienced goalie and loan him out at the start of the season.
A learning curve for a goalkeeper costs you goals.

Has more weaknesses than strong points, shot stoppers are ten a penny.

RCC has improved massively over the season. The lad gets no protection from the poor defence in front of him and is only 85% fit.
Look how solid he was when we had reda in the team a strong commanding centre half organising the back 5, RCC didn't concede for games! This is what the lad needs to develop him in the 1st team. A leader, a well organised defender to lead the line effectively. With no leader at the back and a rookie keeper things don't always go to plan.
Stick with him and get that defender in to lead, if not then yes get a experienced commanding keeper who will lead and take responsibility.

letsallsingtogether

RCC has improved massively over the season. The lad gets no protection from the poor defence in front of him and is only 85% fit.
Look how solid he was when we had reda in the team a strong commanding centre half organising the back 5, RCC didn't concede for games! This is what the lad needs to develop him in the 1st team. A leader, a well organised defender to lead the line effectively. With no leader at the back and a rookie keeper things don't always go to plan.
Stick with him and get that defender in to lead, if not then yes get a experienced commanding keeper who will lead and take responsibility.

You are joking right?
He is one of the worst GK we have had young or not he needs to go.

steve82

You are joking right?
He is one of the worst GK we have had young or not he needs to go.

Straight up, the lad has ability.
The main issue is no one takes charge in the back 5 or back 4 when Ricketts switches off and is inactive. If you've a young keeper the experienced centre half will comment and lead the line. That mans been Ricketts, and guess what he's not talking or commanding. Keeper don't no if to stay or go. When he's came the communication ain't been there and it's looked shocking, when he stays they hurry a panicked clearance.
When reda was there this didn't happen. The lad was told, things worked and looked solid.
Surely you can see that.

letsallsingtogether

Straight up, the lad has ability.
The main issue is no one takes charge in the back 5 or back 4 when Ricketts switches off and is inactive. If you've a young keeper the experienced centre half will comment and lead the line. That mans been Ricketts, and guess what he's not talking or commanding. Keeper don't no if to stay or go. When he's came the communication ain't been there and it's looked shocking, when he stays they hurry a panicked clearance.
When reda was there this didn't happen. The lad was told, things worked and looked solid.
Surely you can see that.

He releases the ball to defenders that are being marked or to early made that mistake at least twice yesterday stood nailed to the line for the first goal, Defenders should have trust in the man between the sticks that stops them from panicking when under pressure so it really go both ways.
At the moment we have defenders playing out of position RCC is one of the only ones that is in his natural position.

oucho

Anyone think we'll offer Phillips a new deal? He can't get any game time - I reckon TM doesn't rate him.

Terry Gibson's perm

Anyone think we'll offer Phillips a new deal? He can't get any game time - I reckon TM doesn't rate him.

No chance he has become a liability which is a shame as his dad was a very good player for us.

Terry Gibson's perm

He releases the ball to defenders that are being marked or to early made that mistake at least twice yesterday stood nailed to the line for the first goal, Defenders should have trust in the man between the sticks that stops them from panicking when under pressure so it really go both ways.
At the moment we have defenders playing out of position RCC is one of the only ones that is in his natural position.

He does release it to early and regularly to the wrong man, there was a moment yesterday where we had been under pressure for a while and he got the ball and rolled it out and we were back under pressure instead of taking the sting out of the game, but he is young and will hopefully learn.

letsallsingtogether

He does release it to early and regularly to the wrong man, there was a moment yesterday where we had been under pressure for a while and he got the ball and rolled it out and we were back under pressure instead of taking the sting out of the game, but he is young and will hopefully learn.

Well put him back in the team when he has learnt we can't afford to be a creche for every so called prospect.

steve82

The playing out from the back I agree could be better like it was when "things were good" reda would point and away we'd go.
Yesterday's first goal has to be Ricketts fault, not the keepers postioning. I doubt he'd of got it if he came, Ricketts should of delt with that till its cleared. Instead his man gets a free header. Zero protection from his defence! And yes MAF went wondering, unfortunately too.
Experienced players like Ricketts should never panic under pressure and he should take charge because
1) he is the most experienced and can play anywhere along the back.
2) he's supposed to be our leader.... Captain the voice on the pitch. Not down to a young keeper to command the back 5 not unless he's a premiership quality keeper will you get that anywhere
3) and especially not gonna get that from a rookie keeper because he's in his natural position so it's his job. Experience gets you that playing along side good vocal commanding defenders.

letsallsingtogether

The playing out from the back I agree could be better like it was when "things were good" reda would point and away we'd go.
Yesterday's first goal has to be Ricketts fault, not the keepers postioning. I doubt he'd of got it if he came, Ricketts should of delt with that till its cleared. Instead his man gets a free header. Zero protection from his defence! And yes MAF went wondering, unfortunately too.
Experienced players like Ricketts should never panic under pressure and he should take charge because
1) he is the most experienced and can play anywhere along the back.
2) he's supposed to be our leader.... Captain the voice on the pitch. Not down to a young keeper to command the back 5 not unless he's a premiership quality keeper will you get that anywhere
3) and especially not gonna get that from a rookie keeper because he's in his natural position so it's his job. Experience gets you that playing along side good vocal commanding defenders.

So where are these defenders yes rickets was to blame for the first goal but experienced or not he was out of his natural position.
Doesn't matter how you paint it RCC is not good enough for this league as it stands.
I hate getting on players backs but as usual we have been let down badly yet again.

steve82

So where are these defenders yes rickets was to blame for the first goal but experienced or not he was out of his natural position.
Doesn't matter how you paint it RCC is not good enough for this league as it stands.
I hate getting on players backs but as usual we have been let down badly yet again.

RCC form did drop and yes cost us points. I agree.
But he's also saved us more points than he's cost us. Even at Crewe away if it was not for RCC Crewe could of and should of scored 5 them selves in the second half. Defence was all over the place. RCC kept them out single handed. Plenty more times too in other games. He's far from a finished article and a top keeper but he's gonna be good.
As for these defenders we need to find them. Hopefully TM has some in mind.
Out of interest are you saying Ricketts was out of position for the corner where they conceded the first?

letsallsingtogether

RCC form did drop and yes cost us points. I agree.
But he's also saved us more points than he's cost us. Even at Crewe away if it was not for RCC Crewe could of and should of scored 5 them selves in the second half. Defence was all over the place. RCC kept them out single handed. Plenty more times too in other games. He's far from a finished article and a top keeper but he's gonna be good.
As for these defenders we need to find them. Hopefully TM has some in mind.
Out of interest are you saying Ricketts was out of position for the corner where they conceded the first?
Ricketts should not have turned his back on the attacker so yes it was his fault.
But he played most of the game out of position if I remember right or are you saying that is his correct position.
Out of intrest do you believe RCC had a good game?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Cook has done very well this season, had a few dodgy games around December but got over that and is now back to the the high standard he showed when he first broke into the team.

Last edited:

Otis

I would definitely keep RCC, with the plan to keep him as a first choice. I would bring in an experienced keeper to back him up though.

Think this season will have been invaluable experience for the lad and of late he has been a lot more solid, following the wobble he had previously

letsallsingtogether

Cook has done very well this season, had a few dodgy games around December but got over that and is now back to the the high standard he showed when he first broke into the team.

Rubbish when he first started he caught every ball that was put into the area distributed the ball really well, came off his line at corners to get the ball.
All this has gone to shit and you truthfully believe he is back to his prime well we are fucked then.

lifeskyblue

Personally not convinced by RCC. I do like (most of the time) his quick distribution. His shot stopping reflexes quite good. Not sure of his positioning nor his command of the area. He is easily bullied and doesn't seem to give confidence to the defence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farmerron

Personally not convinced by RCC. I do like (most of the time) his quick distribution. His shot stopping reflexes quite good. Not sure of his positioning nor his command of the area. He is easily bullied and doesn't seem to give confidence to the defence.

He also doesn't save penalties!

letsallsingtogether

But it is the defence that should be giving him confidence apparently I am a great believer in the goalkeeper being the captain of the box he should call the shots and should push everyone out of the way including his own team mates to get to that ball.

torchomatic

steve82

Ricketts should not have turned his back on the attacker so yes it was his fault.
But he played most of the game out of position if I remember right or are you saying that is his correct position.
Out of intrest do you believe RCC had a good game?

Ricketts has been at fault for most of our set pieces conceded over the season. Always looses his man and turns his back. Yes he's been playing out of position most of the season as he's naturally a right back of left back. However at over 6 ft tall and 10 years minimum playing at a good level most of his career do you not think he should be able to win a header and stick with his man or shirk away from the challenge and let his man have a free header? At set pieces your natural position means nothing.
Thought RCC didn't have a great game against Peterborough. Shot stopping was there but general distribution was poor, however fullbacks didn't offer much to build from the back.
Ideally a strong confident keeper would suit us like Jack Alnwick at Peterborough but there not easy to find and in RCC we've not a bad keeper on the making. This seasons demise is not all his fault.

rupert_bear

Sometimes it's not who or how many you get rid of it is who you bring in, get the right couple of players and that can transform the whole team, look at Arron Martin as an example up to his injury he was different player this year to what he was last.

Otis

Sometimes it's not who or how many you get rid of it is who you bring in, get the right couple of players and that can transform the whole team, look at Arron Martin as an example up to his injury he was different player this year to what he was last.
He was poor last season and I wanted rid. This season he has indeed been transformed.

Don't think we should be writing RCC off just yet. He's young and he's learning and this season should prove to be invaluable experience for him.

I was all for giving the likes of Aaron Phillips time too, but he has now had a few chances and is not a kid anymore. Would expect TM to now move him on. Phillips is 22.

Probably Haynes too.

steve82

He was poor last season and I wanted rid. This season he has indeed been transformed.

Don't think we should be writing RCC off just yet. He's young and he's learning and this season should prove to be invaluable experience for him.

I was all for giving the likes of Aaron Phillips time too, but he has now had a few chances and is not a kid anymore. Would expect TM to now move him on. Phillips is 22.

Probably Haynes too.

Phillips is tough one, he's looked ok in games but then made some silly errors in others. He cannot be on much of a wage to keep as a back up to Lorenztson say.
Issue is with Phillips is he needs a good loan spell to get a run of games to gain experience. 10 games here and another 5 there ain't doing his development any good. Depending on who TM could get in id hold out and see before offering out a deal to him or not

Otis

Phillips is tough one, he's looked ok in games but then made some silly errors in others. He cannot be on much of a wage to keep as a back up to Lorenztson say.
Issue is with Phillips is he needs a good loan spell to get a run of games to gain experience. 10 games here and another 5 there ain't doing his development any good. Depending on who TM could get in id hold out and see before offering out a deal to him or not
Yep, a loan might do him a world of good. The lad is always prone to errors and if he can't rectify that he is not much use to us.

His errors nearly always seem to be costly ones too, akin to Ricketts.

Terry Gibson's perm

But we can't be stockpiling players so can't see us keeping Phillips as we have Lorentzon, Willis, Kelly Evans and one of the first year pro's.

Otis

Willis still worries me at right back. His distribution is awful, as is his control. I see him as a physical, no nonsense, whack it into the stands, centre back and nothing else.

steve82

But we can't be stockpiling players so can't see us keeping Phillips as we have Lorentzon, Willis, Kelly Evans and one of the first year pro's.

Good point about Willis. Can use him as a right back. Kelly Evans too, could see the end of Phillips then. The lad needs a season long loan spell but then he's 23/24... Not ideal for us.

Users who are viewing this thread