Get ready for it to get worse before it gets better (1 Viewer)

skybluebal

Being realistic and pragmatic, it is clear to me that we fans will have to be prepared for things to get much worse before they get better. There will be no quick fix to our plight. Yesterdays news of our 3 key players needing to be released only adds to the confirmation of this. The quality of players we might bring in coupled with the use of our younger squad makes the season extremely challenging!

A simple analysis of the points we need shows that we are going to be relegated (I hope I am completely wrong). Looking at the last couple of seasons,
we need 50pts to just survive relegation.
Starting with -10 means we need 60pts.
With 45 games to go, we need 1.33 points per game.
Assuming we lose 15 (optimist) that means we need 60pts from 30 games or 2pts per game.

When was the last time we managed that!

The waiting game has started to starve SISU out and return CCFC to Coventry and owners that care about the club.

I am prepared for the long haul as we should all be.

PUSB & Keep the Faith. Look at the fans at Pompey, they are an inspiration.

SISU OUT: NOPM

simple_simon

If no one went to the games at Northamton it would be over much quicker.
Those who go are just fuelling the Fisher bullshit to the spineless FL

Spionkop

There are too many threads, so rather than yet another one, excuse me tacking these comments from Michael Calvin from today's Independent here.
Writing the Portsmouth v Oxford match report, Calvin wrote...."It was a day for broader questions. Greg Clarke, chairman of the Football League, should have been there. His witless questioning of the viability of fan-owned clubs, while he sanctions the regime imposed on Coventry City by a Mayfair-based hedge fund, signals his lack of insight and credibility."
After his pathetic conversation with journalist Henry Winter just hours after the league had docked 10 points off us, a really quick move in light of their total inability to stop Sisu in their tracks over months - we should be calling for his resignation. As others have pointed out, the league are not 'fit & proper.'
So slowly news of our less than wonderful owners is getting out there. Rod Liddle also had something on us in The Sunday Times.

RPHunt

Interesting that Rod Liddle was of the opinion that Coventry might yet have more points deducted this season.

Spionkop

RP, sometimes Rod Little confuses me, tongue in cheek, serious, not always sure. But at least we seem to be a bit more visible in the media. Though some of them don't seem aware of Sisu's true nature. & hint at overspending instead.

skybluebal

RP, sometimes Rod Little confuses me, tongue in cheek, serious, not always sure. But at least we seem to be a bit more visible in the media. Though some of them don't seem aware of Sisu's true nature. & hint at overspending instead.

I agree with the sentiment, a lot of the mainstream media just see SISU and ACL as arguing over the level of rent. They are not going into the depth of the story at all. At least they are generally agreed that what is happening needs looking at. I believe that all the media attention is pointing to the FL and considering its the 125 years "celebrations" is not the type of story that they want being discussed.

On the basis that we have >10,000 active supporters, that means we have the opportunity to use all the social media channels to put more and more pressure on the FL and now the FA. Its the exponential effect, if each one of us pushes our message to 10 others (ccfc fans and others) and they tell 10 more, then soon the world will know who and what SISU stand for (and not the Finnish definition!)

Keep up the blogs; posts; tweets; emails; and verbals :claping hands:

Users who are viewing this thread