George Thomas (1 Viewer)

Grendel

If money is everything then maybe so. Two years out of the three he played no games at a senior level. As mentioned above, if he had of stayed and played he may have progressed with us or he may have earnt the dream move when better placed to take advantage of it. His international career will certainly have stalled.

It is in a way all about money though as players can get ditched so career is short and they need to maximise wealth

I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t get another contract somewhere - he’s played a few games in the Dutch top flight and a lot more than Harris managed during his Swansea time and he’s found a league 1 club

Bigiaramana is a prime example of why players have to take a chance when they can as he’s now unlikely to get a contract again

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Never rated him-couldn’t see where he fitted in.

Too slow to be a winger, not prolific enough to be a striker and not creative enough to be a ‘10’.

Seemed to be one of those players who elevated themselves due to willingness to work rather than natural ability. I saw him as Andy Morrell's spiritual successor.

skybluepm2

Take his Wembley goal away and he was very mediocre. Wasn’t a game changer and was relatively slow. He’s been out on loan in League 1 and 2 hardly set the world alight. From memory, he struggled to get into the Scunthorpe side the season before last. Wouldn’t get near our squad now. Probably end up at somewhere like Mansfield. Wish him well, met him a couple of times after he left. Nice lad.

kg82

If money is everything then maybe so. Two years out of the three he played no games at a senior level. As mentioned above, if he had of stayed and played he may have progressed with us or he may have earnt the dream move when better placed to take advantage of it. His international career will certainly have stalled.
Maybe it’s also ambition and self-belief. You get the opportunity to go to a Prem club, when we’d just been relegated, I’d imagine any player would take that opportunity. His self-belief was misguided, sure. But of course you’re going to get more money for going to a club higher up the leagues. Either way, it didn’t do us any harm not having him.

skyblueelephant76

Take his Wembley goal away and he was very mediocre. Wasn’t a game changer and was relatively slow. He’s been out on loan in League 1 and 2 hardly set the world alight. From memory, he struggled to get into the Scunthorpe side the season before last. Wouldn’t get near our squad now. Probably end up at somewhere like Mansfield. Wish him well, met him a couple of times after he left. Nice lad.
He played 40 games for Scunthorpe so he had no problem playing games he just wasn't very productive and only scored 3 goals

Liquid Gold

The issue isn’t him moving on to a better team it’s going all the way from league two to the prem. he was never going to make that jump and he’s inevitably back down now as a free agent hoping for a contact to re start his career. Yes he may be more wealthy now but if he properly backed his talent then he would play in the lower leagues for a couple of years to hone his skills and then move to a higher level permanently. That could have resulted in him earning loads more over his career as a championship player instead of a couple years on prem youth salary then back to lower leagues. Obviously there is the thing if you don’t back yourself to be anything more than lower leagues you may as well take the cash for a couple years while someone is stupid enough to pay it.

jim20

Bayliss is another good player who I think should’ve stayed with us. He hasn’t played for Preston, such ashame for him as it wasn’t a big money move, it was a small step up to a Championship club, he should’ve been playing

Frostie

Bayliss is another good player who I think should’ve stayed with us. He hasn’t played for Preston, such ashame for him as it wasn’t a big money move, it was a small step up to a Championship club, he should’ve been playing

He's been injured since October tbf.

larry_david

If Thomas gets a league 2 club with a run of games he's got a chance to do something decent. I was pretty gutted when he left us I was sure that was 10-15 goals we'd just lost but everything worked out well for us. Good luck to him

Covstu

To be honest this was another blessing is disguise, shippers was never had good on the left and he started playing well when Bayliss left and he took the central spot. Equally we probably wouldn’t have seen either O'Hare or Walsh If he was still here

Adge

Was a very average player who had a reasonable half season in a team full of garbage topped of with a goal at Wembley.
Not sure he would be that well thought of if it wasn’t for that goal which seemed to cloud a bit of judgment and put him on a pedestal.

Users who are viewing this thread