George Thomas (QPR) (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

George Thomas has just signed a three year contract with QPR aftre being released by leicester with an option for a further year - QPR obviously see great potential and describe him as an attacking midfielder

Evo1883

George Thomas has just signed a three year contract with QPR aftre being released by leicester with an option for a further year - QPR obviously see great potential and describe him as an attacking midfielder

I mean I think we are in a position to say whether he has the potential or not and I just don't see it especially at championship level... Like a poor man's version of o hare... Must have a decent agent

Magwitch

Easy not to rate ex-players, I thought he did well here let’s remember he was a very young player here probably in the first team a bit too early.

Evo1883

He wasn't rated at Scunthorpe by alot of their fans in league 2 either... Poor signing for QPR... Most cov fans over hype past academy players... So George already gets extra ability points from most our fans

Tommo1993

Yeah I’m quite flabbergasted. Either they want to develop him or they have low or no ambition. Sorry George!

Magwitch

He wasn't rated at Scunthorpe by alot of their fans in league 2 either... Poor signing for QPR... Most cov fans over hype past academy players... So George already gets extra ability points from most our fans
Hope that assessment doesn’t come back to bite our arse.

no_loyalty

It's a risk worth taking, free transfer and probably fairly low wages.

skybluetony176

Classic case of taking a big move before you were ready, I think ultimately it set his career back. Not convinced he’ll cut it in the championship but I wish him well.

skybluetony176

Alternatively, if he is as shite as half this board think, it meant he got paid three years' salary he'd never have got in a million years if he'd stayed.
I don’t think he’s shite just think he moved too high too soon and has missed out on a lot of important development in the earlier stage of his career that he can’t get back, he’s only played 40 odd competitive games since leaving us and all at a lower standard than he would have if he’d stayed and all with clubs I doubt where the standard of coaching is as good as it is here either. Which is why I’m not sure he’ll cut it in the championship. It’s a big step in competitive football for him.

higgs

Good luck to him would be interesting to see how he would have progressed if he signed a new deal with us at the time

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stay_up_skyblues

Not convinced he hasn’t had the chance to progress what with the loan to the Iron. They didn’t seem too pleased with him. But he did look a good forward player and I wish him well at QPR. Perhaps Gary Borrowdale can give him a few tips.

JulianDarbyFTW

He did well as a youngster in what was, quite frankly, the worst team I've seen in my lifetime. If he'd have stayed, then he may well have developed in the same way as Bayliss, Shipley, McCallum, but lets not forget, that culture of growth wasn't really integral to the club three or four years ago, and he may not have been able to see a way to develop with us, especially off the back of spending several months with Russell Slade.

Users who are viewing this thread