George Thomas interview (1 Viewer)

Steve Carpo

“This club has given me a chance to play professional football and I love being here,” Thomas told the Observer.
“When you come through the academy and see the likes of Conor Thomas and Jordan Willis for example go through into the first team it does fill you with hope.
“My hopes and aspirations are to play at the top level both for club and country and I really want that to be with Coventry City.
“The new manager came in and he told it how it was – we had to stay up and that’s what everyone’s focus was including mine.
“I want to really push myself over the summer and get a good pre-season behind me so I’m ready to make a push for the first team.
“I’ll always give my all for the club whether that be for the under-21s or the first team.”

http://coventryobserver.co.uk/sport/george-thomas-feels-right-at-home-with-the-sky-blues-7417/

Bumberclart

“this club has given me a chance to play professional football and i love being here,” thomas told the observer.
“when you come through the academy and see the likes of conor thomas and jordan willis for example go through into the first team it does fill you with hope.
“my hopes and aspirations are to play at the top level both for club and country and i really want that to be with coventry city.
“the new manager came in and he told it how it was – we had to stay up and that’s what everyone’s focus was including mine.
“i want to really push myself over the summer and get a good pre-season behind me so i’m ready to make a push for the first team.
“i’ll always give my all for the club whether that be for the under-21s or the first team.”

http://coventryobserver.co.uk/sport/george-thomas-feels-right-at-home-with-the-sky-blues-7417/

drug test now!

Astute

Never mind. If he does well and we sell him it will be because his head was turned and he was desperate to leave.

Gint11

To be fair he isn't going to say anything else other than that. It's standard bullshit football talk. Move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

These academy kids like George Thomas and the others who have just signed new contracts are a breathe of fresh air and along with the guidance of "old school" Tony Mowbray i believe can become the backbone of better times ahead, so far from being cynical about interviews like this we should be as positive as he is. Believe me if this was this time last year most of these kids would be away far too early.

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

I thought whenever I saw him play he looked like a little boy lost out there, but I think he has potential.

trondegilsoltvedt97

I think he has potential but needs the chance to show it outside of a relegation scrap in League 1, which isn't the best circumstances to show your ability. Maybe a early season loan move to League Two would be good for him?

rupert_bear

I think a lot of times the team he was playing in looked lost. This is his big chance he has to grab it with both hands as do the others, Mowbray will give him and the others their chance but it will be only one and the manager won't hang around.

Users who are viewing this thread