Geoff foster (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I would've had a bollocking from the Station Manager for allowing "dead air". As far as he was concerned, if nothing is being broadcast, even for 5 - 10 seconds, then listeners will switch off! You had to fill every available second with something!
Yeah your right , Clive idea of filing every second with something is things like, reason to be cheerful 123 ,

And then playing the record by Ian Dury and the Blockheads , oh the irony.

I think Clive is a frustrated DJ. LOL

Grendel

Yeah your right , Clive idea of filing every second with something is things like, reason to be cheerful 123 ,

And then playing the record by Ian Dury and the Blockheads , oh the irony.

I think Clive is a frustrated DJ. LOL

He does some other shows regarding music. He’s streets ahead of most local hosts of bbc sports programmes

I’m still cracking up at HH view that rob gurney is a better commentator than John Motson to be honest

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
He does some other shows regarding music. He’s streets ahead of most local hosts of bbc sports programmes

I’m still cracking up at HH view that rob gurney is a better commentator than John Motson to be honest
Of course he is. My opinion, but then of course, you HAVE to be the opposite of what anyone else thinks because you crave attention.

Grendel

If people think foster and eakin are bad they should tune into Kirsty Gallagher who knows nothing about football clearly and Robbie Savage who can’t present a radio programme to save his life on 5 live

baldy

Of course he is. My opinion, but then of course, you HAVE to be the opposite of what anyone else thinks because you crave attention.

Couldn't stand Motson & the way he got wheeled out with that shitty donkey coat & his doddery stupid nervy laugh...awful

Terry Gibson's perm

David Phillips is very good as are some of the lesser known ex players.

On cwr today somebody said they didn’t enjoy the commentary as they said it was all about Carl baker arsehole Linnell wasn’t happy.

Grendel

David Phillips is very good as are some of the lesser known ex players.

On cwr today somebody said they didn’t enjoy the commentary as they said it was all about Carl baker arsehole Linnell wasn’t happy.

No his reaction was pathetic

pipkin73

Just when things on CWR couldn't get any worse, it does.

Tonight on the so called Sky Blues phone in, " why do they call it that " it should be called the Clive Eakin show.

Normally it's on for one hour but tonight because Clive was at Edgbaston commentating on the Cricket, the show was only on for half an hour, old Clive loves a bit of Cricket, any way because Clive was waffling on, (as he does ) we only had one caller on the show, now here's the good bit, not really, this is what I mean when things can't get any worse, Clive says " we have caller on the line called Andrew " then there was silence, then you here Clive say, oh no it's an interview with Tony Andreu then after the interview finished again the radio goes silent and after about 40 seconds you here someone mumbling say, now it's over to the Cricket but first lets play this record.

An utter shambles and it's not the first time, so unprofessional.
It was on for one hour, depends on what platform you listen to.

Otis

For some strange reason today, Clive Eakin said that Luke Thomas was Jordan Thompson.

So, wrong player, wrong position, different build, totally different height and different skin colour.

Easy mistake to make.

Otis

And you can't see Stuart Linnell, but he's in Clive Eakin's top pocket in this picture.

Nonleagueherewecome

Foster's sneeze in the background whilst Clive was talking post-match was pretty hilarious. As for the Robins interview, he does seem to going a bit gentler on him today, but almost lost it at "Blackpool away on Tuesday, a tough test?" with his "Is it?" reply, before dropping off to a mocking chuckle...

fernandopartridge

If people think foster and eakin are bad they should tune into Kirsty Gallagher who knows nothing about football clearly and Robbie Savage who can’t present a radio programme to save his life on 5 live
Or listen to the Alan Green or the other twat Connor McNamara

Nonleagueherewecome

I used to really enjoy Peter Brackley and Ray Wilkins commentating on the Italian football on channel 4 on a Sunday afternoon. It appeared to me they were just having a bit of a giggle.
Brackley was fun, quite irreverent and wacky. Liked James Richardson as a presenter, too.

Terry_dactyl

Brackley was fun, quite irreverent and wacky. Liked James Richardson as a presenter, too.
Really liked Gazzetta Football Italia on the Saturday with Richardson.
Channel 4 seemed to have that coverage in a great era for serie a.
However, I still found myself drifting back to the division two (or whatever the hell it was called back then) games that were aired on itv at the same time. Odd choice.

Adge

Harsh and along with other women should be applauded for breaking down the barriers in what was (and mainly still is) a once male dominated area.

Grendel

Harsh and along with other women should be applauded for breaking down the barriers in what was (and mainly still is) a once male dominated area.

It’s nothing to do with being a woman. Kelly Cates is a very good presenter and knows the subject.

I don’t think Peter Hitchen would be a great sports presenter either.

Did you listen to it? It was shite.

Westendlad

Yawn...Another pc fan........They stick to their cooking and knitting and leave us men alone to our footy....Simples.

Cavan O'Doherty

It’s nothing to do with being a woman. Kelly Cates is a very good presenter and knows the subject.

I don’t think Peter Hitchen would be a great sports presenter either.

Did you listen to it? It was shite.
Have to say I agree. I much preferred Kelly Cates over KG. Kirsty didn’t seem to be able to offer an opinion on anything and wasn’t great at holding a debate.

shmmeee

Not seen it mentioned on here yet. After 25 years with the BBC Geoff Foster has retired. Know he's had some health issues in recent years so hope he's OK and ready to enjoy retirement.

On a personal note: hope he’s OK and thanks for being part of the sky blue tapestry over the years.

As a fan: really hope this and this new Fancast thing CWR are launching is a sign that we’re going to get some proper coverage instead of the bilge we’ve had for years.

Nick

Administrator
On a personal note: hope he’s OK and thanks for being part of the sky blue tapestry over the years.

As a fan: really hope this and this new Fancast thing CWR are launching is a sign that we’re going to get some proper coverage instead of the bilge we’ve had for years.

I think Gilbert would know less of the players than Clive.

shmmeee

I think Gilbert would know less of the players than Clive.

It’s not Gilbert replacing him is it? Or is he doing the fan cast? Either way: no thanks.

Here was me hoping they’d employed the Nii Lamptey lot or similar not just rotated in another BBC employee.

At least he’s actually a City fan I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread