Geoff Foster (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

What do we all think of Geoff Foster's idea of playing the game against Wolves at the Ricoh. For my part, should it happen, it would be my first home game of the season BUT it is never going to take place is it?

Otis

The best thing that could happen would be for the game to be at the Ricoh and for 32,500 people turn up.

The next game after that at Sixfields should then result in not one single person turning up. Can't think of a clearer message than that.

Shame the next home after that wouldn't be until the following season though.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Some would go. I would. But many others I guess will have lost interest by now.

We'd be lucky to equal our average attendance from last season I reckon.

And that's even with Wolves being given more tickets (as they're away allocation would obviously be increased).

That said, it's never going to happen and I can't believe we are still even talking about 'a' game being played at the Ricoh. More surprising is that Geoff Foster is allowed to air the idea. Not saying he can't have an opinion, but surely he knows it's NEVER goin to happen.

Ever.

Not whilst the ground is council owned and ACL ran

Otis

And that's even with Wolves being given more tickets (as they're away allocation would obviously be increased).

That said, it's never going to happen and I can't believe we are still even talking about 'a' game being played at the Ricoh. More surprising is that Geoff Foster is allowed to air the idea. Not saying he can't have an opinion, but surely he knows it's NEVER goin to happen.

Ever.

Agree. But couldn't think of a better statement to say we belong back at the Ricoh.

Tonylinc

Ever.

I could not agree with you more BUT let's say that by some miracle it did happen. What would you expect the crowd to be? I would guess at a sell out.

Otis

I think if the troops were rallyed and it was pushed out there as to just how important it was, then we could get a bumper crowd for sure. Some hard work would be needed though for fans to dust off the cobwebs.

stupot07

I could not agree with you more BUT let's say that by some miracle it did happen. What would you expect the crowd to be? I would guess at a sell out.

I'd think about 22-23k. Lots have said they won't go back even at the Ricoh with sisu in charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Tonylinc

I'd think about 22-23k. Lots have said they won't go back even at the Ricoh with sisu in charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Yes they will, if only to make a very visual point to Shitzu.

the rumpo kid

The best thing that could happen would be for the game to be at the Ricoh and for 32,500 people turn up.

The next game after that at Sixfields should then result in not one single person turning up. Can't think of a clearer message than that.

Shame the next home after that wouldn't be until the following season though.

do you really think they haven't got the message yet

skybluetony176

Be a great idea, can't see it happening though. If by any chance it did happen the trust could also hand an olive branch to sisu by organising a NOPM campaign against ACL.

We could prove a point to all parties.

Fill the Ricoh to prove a point to sisu that we have to be playing back there for the future of our club. Not give a penny to ACL, we all arive by taxi, bus or on foot and nobody spends a penny in the stadium to prove how important a share of match day revenues are. And show the FL/FA how useless and incompetent they are by doing the above.

Last edited:

Big Chris

I don't think legally, morally (!) it could or would happen, but I would go - as would tens of thousands of others.... Wolves would take 12,000 themselves for their end-of-season-promotion-fancy-dress-party...
Ps - do you remember Cov v Wolves at the end of the season a few years ago... 1-1, great game, in the sunshine at the Richo....?

sw88

Chief Commentator!

I couldn't see it being a sell out if I'm honest.

The only time that happened last year, there was the potential of getting a ticket to Wembley as an incentive for the stay aways to go. This time round, I don't think there is the same incentive.

I'd love it to be, it would make a massive statement (although probably one the club would dismiss / ignore).

Might get the extra couple Of hundred stay aways who turned out for last summers walk but maybe didn't attend religiously coming for the one game on top of last seasons regulars, but even with that, plus a few more Wolves (let's say their current 2000 is increased to 6-8000), we'd be lucky to exceed the 20,000 mark.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Be a great idea, can't see it happening though. If by any chance it did happen the trust could also hand an olive branch to sisu by organising a NOPM campaign against ACL.

We could prove a point to all parties.

Fill the Ricoh to prove a point to sisu that we have to be playing back there for the future of our club. Not give a penny to ACL, we all arive by taxi, bus or on foot and nobody spends a penny in the stadium to proove how important a share of match day revenues are. And show the FL/FA how useless and incompetent they are by doing the above.

That's an interesting proposal! And whilst ALL parties are currently to blame, I think this would make quite a statement if ACL were forced to make little or nothing out of the day.

James Smith

Nice idea but as RFC said, it won't happen whilst NOPM is in operation by Sisu. Why would Sisu break that and hand money over to ACL, or put their former paying customers (us lot) in a position where we might be tempted to, when all their efforts so far have been designed to prevent this.

Last edited:

Steve.B50

What do we all think of Geoff Foster's idea of playing the game against Wolves at the Ricoh. For my part, should it happen, it would be my first home game of the season BUT it is never going to take place is it?

It would make my year.

letsallsingtogether

Well has put the kibosh on it now Steve especially if Labo is reading this you know how he feels about you.

I think him and Fisher have a thing about baldies.:thinking about:

It would make my year.

georgehudson

without a doubt it would be a huge crowd,
however the obdurate obstinacy of the usual suspects will prevent it from happening,
i feel no need to point the blame in any direction, other than the vision of Fisher,
who rules out anything ricoh wise, because joy says so,
& labovich jumps on the bandwagon & trots out garbage,
then the ccc give it the hard done to,
then acl give it the 'well we tried',
& all of this time THE FANS OF COVENTRY CITY CONTINUE TO BE SHAT UPON,
& the 'fa' say 'it's not our fault',
whilst the 'fl' have their digits stuck up their own,
FOOTBALL FOR FANS NOT MEGALOMANIACS

J

Jack Griffin

No it won't, but it is a clever way to show the true nature of the dispute.

If ACL made a clear offer of say, 10K inclusive for hire of the stadium plus parking and F&B, the club gets all ticket revenues and pays for security, police etc. as per usual.

I'm sure it would sell out, inflating the total home gate by 50% in just one game.

Or course as it would be deeply embarrassing to SISU, it will not happen, but it is an offer worth making.

Last edited by a moderator:

shmmeee

They almost certainly have, BUT no bad thing to remind them from time to time. Mind you it would take ACL/CCC to be reasonable in order for this to even have a chance of happening.

Well Leicester, CCFC Ladies, the FPA and several other organisations seem to have no problem working with them. I think it's a case of "If you keep meeting dickheads, you're the dickhead" to be honest.

torchomatic

True, but ACL haven't been ripping them off for nearly a decade, have they?

Well Leicester, CCFC Ladies, the FPA and several other organisations seem to have no problem working with them. I think it's a case of "If you keep meeting dickheads, you're the dickhead" to be honest.

chiefdave

It's a fair point, on one side you have ACL who deal with lots of other organisations with no issues. They even got nominated for an industry award for being the best venue team to work with in the country (got down to the final 3).

On the other side you have SISU who have fallen out with ACL, Higgs, CCC, the Trust and The Guardian. There's been rumours of falling outs / threats of legal action against CWR, Telegraph, various fans and the Football League.

If you look at that you could easily draw the conclusion that one side is hard to work with.

skybluefred

ACL have not been ripping anybody off. A rental fee was agreed by the Football Club and ACL. Yes it was a high fee
but the Club refused a sliding scale based on which league they played in. Sisu must have also accepted it or they would
have sought a reduction before buying the Club. Instead sisu made major management mistakes when they took over
and wasted vast sums of money on useless players. Result we got relegated instead of promotion and it's been a steady
but certain decline in our fortunes ever since. All of our sellable players have been sold and those we couldn't sell
have been given away for free.

We are on a fast track to oblivion and it's all thanks to sisu.

shmmeee

OK, stand by your point.

Do you honestly believe that the original deal (50/50 Council and CCFC owned ACL: 50/50 non-football revenues and 100% of the football ones) was "ripping us off"?

If not, then isn't your real problem with Mike McGinnity who sold our half of ACL for £4m?

If you think that's irrelevant (I know how confirmation bias can be) then do you think that the club were incapable of negotiating properly? If this is the case, who's fault is that?

If I own a company for 6 years before I think that the rent is an issue (and in fact defend said rent not 12 months prior) who's fault is that?

Finally, do you seriously believe that Coventry City Council and The Alan Higgs Trust hate CCFC so much that they were especially bad to them, but are not going to similarly overprice every other client they have? Despite the fact that they are both run by former CCFC season ticket holders.

Because that's the level of logical gymnastics you have to go through to maintain that belief.

If I buy a cow when I need a pig, I've not been ripped off. If I then sell the beef futures of said cow and go bankrupt because of the lack of revenue, I've still not been ripped off. If I then refuse to buy back the beef futures at below market value, I've still ​not been ripped off. I'm just a spectacularly bad businessman.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread