Genuinely does anyone think the play offs are still on (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Given what is going on? Will it not affect the players negatively?

Sky Blue Pete

Player on Facebook says team just focusing on the football font wanna know about off the pitch. Think if he can maybe I should do the same!! Pusb

WillieStanley

Whilst there's still a chance, there's still hope. I won't feel hard done by if we don't make it but feel we will have deserved it if we make it. The players have coped with so much this season and done so very well. From contract changes to shifting of management and the ACL vs CCFC. Our players have shown so much more grit than they did last season. I reckon we can hold out until the end of the season and mount a push but won't be surprised if we don't.

My worst fear is getting to wembley and failing.

CovMatt1987

I still think the play offs are on. I dont take what is happening externally into much account in terms of the players. They have reacted well at times when perhaps not expected to before.

If we can beat Bournemouth away with all this going on, we can beat most teams in this division I would say

GaryJones

We will make the play-offs ---but only if we dont get 10 points deducted if we go into admin. Listened to steve waggot on sky blue interactive and he is so up beat and positive its really given me a lift!

Nonleagueherewecome

Still got a chance. Especially with Leon banging them in-those last two goals were McGoldrick quality IMO. There might even be enough determination in the camp now that a shrewd manager could use the off-field issues as a motivational tool-"don't use that as an excuse".

rupert_bear

Of course there are lots of twists and turns to go yet and if i had to pick a final 11 fixture list it wouldn't be far off what we have left, i know there are three above us but our home form is due a change.and the away games are all very winnable

Nonleagueherewecome

We're always better against decent sides anyway-we're very good on the counter and crap against teams putting men behind the ball. If we had the top 6 away I'd be reasonably confident as we'd be taking points off them in those six-pointers!

oakey

No, not now the players will worry about not getting paid & we missed out on another striker.
Squad remains weak and unable to close the gap IMO
Hope this post gets rammed down my throat in 2 months time!

torchomatic

I reckon we could do it.

CovMatt1987

Look at our next four games - home V Swindon is an opportunity, new manager, etc....then away at Scunthorpe, and home against Colchester and Hartlepool.

there is absolutely no reason why we should get anything other then 10-12 points in those games. I dont care, im saying we should do that. In the position we are in, against that level of opposition - any ambitious team would look at that. and if in 4 games time we have got 10-12 points, ask that same question and see what responses you get

davebart

I hope we do but won't mind if we don't.

This season has been the best on the football front for half a generation. a semi final in a cup and a good chance of top six - it is like heaven.

Sixth place for past three seasons - 2009/10 80pts, 2010/11 71pts, 2011/12 73pts. 2009/10 was a very unusual season so to do that we would need 2.5pts per game. But 71pts is only 1.6pts per game. For the last 8 games we've averaged 2pts per game. So yes still very much on. PUSB

ccfcway

oh yes

I fully expect a mamouth peformance and us to get into the play offs

I also fully expect us to lost the 1st leg of the play offs 4-0 in front of a full Ricoh

skybluelee

Sixth place for past three seasons - 2009/10 80pts, 2010/11 71pts, 2011/12 73pts. 2009/10 was a very unusual season so to do that we would need 2.5pts per game. But 71pts is only 1.6pts per game. For the last 8 games we've averaged 2pts per game. So yes still very much on. PUSB

Last 21 games we have averaged 2 points per game!

W

westcountry_skyblue

If we sort our home form out we can still do automatic in my eyes!!!

lordsummerisle

Somebody the other week did the stats for the top 6 at the end of the season and after 33 games or so for about the last 10 seasons.

The top six after 33 games were the top six at the end of the season every single season.

We're still 5 points off top 6, still mostly played more games than anybody else around us.

Will finish about 9th, 10 points off the play-offs is my prediction.

Would have been happy with that after the start we had, and seeing as we haven't been in the top 6 at any point this season can't really be expecting anything much better.

If we do do it though, be chuffed to bits, just can't see it.

Last edited:

@richh87

We have a history of blowing it, and I think Carsley may remain in charge. The Board will claim it's "because he's doing so well", but the reality will be that nobody decent would want to manage a club under an embargo.

Let's hope Carsley can get the home form fixed despite being a rookie.

The Penguin

I think we'll fall short.

However, it's a heartening feeling to know that we still have our fate partly in our own hands. Keep winning and we give ourselves every chance (yes, we may need some other results to fall our way, but if we keep picking up points it reduces our need to rely on others losing.)

torchomatic

Otis

I think we have a 25-30% chance of making the play offs.

Would agree with that. Not anything above 33% I would have thought.

Of course, if we win today and a few results go our way then things may look rosier.

Got a feeling though we are going to come up short yet again today on home turf.

Otis

Just gone down to about 10% now.

Wouldn't be surprised if we now fail to win another home game for the rest of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread